Chapter 10

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you want this time?”

Yoona sipped her latte and gave a blank look at the short haired girl sitting across her. “Yah~ Why are you so cold to unnie?” Sunny whined and pouted at her younger cousin. 

Yoona and Sunny had decided to go out for lunch and shopping later on, leaving her two kids with her husband at home and she could only brace herself for the mess. 

“First, you crashed the Xbox 360 that I bought for Yul. Secondly, you made a bigger mess than the kids in the playroom. And you just ran off without cleaning. Unnie, I'm still waiting for you to clean that crap up.” Yoona snapped and glared at the bunny playfully.

The two of them had remained close even after Yoona's marriage and Sunny, a boyfriend. 

“I'll clean it soon. Anyway, when are you going to visit Auntie? She's been asking for Yuri and her grandchildren.” Sunny giggled as she saw Yoona's face changed. Yoona pouted and played with her cream-based pasta, “She still cares for her son-in-law and my kids more than her own daughter?”

“Keke, maybe! So are you going anytime soon?” Sunny winked and giggled as she saw the brown-haired girl glare at her cutely. Yoona could only smile at the thought her family, “Maybe tomorrow night. Yuri and the kids are at home, they'll probably go swimming…” 

Sunny couldn't feel more proud of Yuri. It was such a big improvement from their high school days where he was well-known for being the hottest jock and player. 

 

Flashback.

“Yul! Are you okay? Hang on, understand me? Don't you dare close your eyes!”

Hyoyeon was on the verge of crying as she and Sunny ran alongside the stretcher. Taeyeon and Sooyoung were on their way to the hospital after their respective girlfriends had called them to inform them since they were looking for Yuri last night. 

It was the last straw for them when Yuri's eyes shut after much resistance, the hands that were holding theirs fell and dangled off the bed lifelessly.

“YURI!!!!!!” The girls screamed and shook the boy's body hard, there was no such thing as death when it came to YoonYul. 

“Sorry Miss, the both of you have to wait outside.”

 The doctor hurriedly ran in and left the 2 ladies outside the operating theatre, crying their hearts out. 

Yes, Yuri was indeed wrong for making that ridiculous bet in the first place. But he had been proving himself. If he wanted to win the bet, he would have left Yoona a long time ago.

Why would he keep waiting for her like this?

Flashback End. 

 

-

 

“Stephanie, Daddy has something to tell you.”

Mr Hwang looked at the floor and kneeled in front of his daughter who was lying on her pink totoro-filled bed.

“What is it, Daddy?” Tiffany was baffled, she didn't understand why her father was so serious and his voice, deadpan. Nothing had happened ever since they arrived in Los Angeles. He held onto his daughter’s hands tightly, “Do you know who your biological mother is?”

The girl stiffened at the sound of her mother. She hated it when the topic of her mother was brought up because she herself, had no idea whose daughter she was. 

Tiffany had no idea; all she wanted was to be reunited with her biological mother as soon as possible. Mr Hwang had taken his daughter with him because her mother had begged him to do so. 

She had no education whatsoever and couldn't afford to bring up a child at the mere age of 20 years old. He was careless and so was she. These were the consequences of their actions. 

Mr Hwang smiled weakly, he couldn't face his daughter, “Her name is Im-Lee Yoonhee. She has another daughter, about a year younger than you. Her husband passed away from lung cancer just last year.”

Tiffany threw a glance, she had long known of her father's frivolous ways. Thankfully, he had changed when he realized that he now had a child to feed and bring up by himself. It was another life and he couldn't bear to ruin it like he had ruined the mother's. 

“You can acknowledge her if you want, baby… I wouldn't dream of stopping you.” Tiffany's eyes started to well with tears as she beamed her eyesmile.

“Thank you Daddy! That's all I want!”

Tiffany dragged herself out of bed and went to the living room with much difficulty, calling for her brother to bring her to a certain address; where she could finally reunite with her mother.

‘And Jessie.. How are you doing, baby?’

 

-

 

Jessica had gone out to meet with her cousin, Jung Yunho while the Kwons were left at home to enjoy the day.

“APPA!! Let's go swimming now!!” Sehun screamed and started to take off his t-shirt while his sister and father just stared at him. “OPPPAAAAA!!” Soojung ran towards Yuri and hid behind her father, covering her eyes cutely while Sehun shamelessly took off his shorts as well. 

Yuri lifted his baby girl into his arms as Soojung buried her face into his broad shoulders, “Sehun, buddy. You can't take off your clothes when your sister is with you. Do you understand?”

Sehun stomped his foot and pouted at Yuri’s restriction. “Why not?” Sehun whined and left his shorts undone, leaving Yuri to do it for him.

“W-Well… Because you're a boy and she's a girl.”

Yuri scratched his head nervously, it was so hard to explain that he was a boy and he had a but Soojung was a girl and therefore she didn't. “Are you ready to go swimming?” Yuri immediately changed the topic before it got more awkward and harder to explain and on cue, a phone call came in. 

He put Soojung down and jogged to his phone in the living room where it was charging by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter