Chapter 22

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Fany, have you packed everything?” Jessica asked, looking over at her girlfriend. 

“Tried to. I only managed to pack those on the bed, I couldn't reach anything on the floor so I didn't.”

The bitter tone in Tiffany's answer made Jessica want to kick herself, how could she forget that her girlfriend was in a wheelchair? She knew how badly Tiffany wanted to walk although the latter never expressed it much. Jessica knew Tiffany was extremely envious of everyone. 

“Hey…” Jessica placed one hand under Tiffany's chin, lifting her face up to meet hers, “I promise, you will walk when we get back to Korea. I will accompany you for treatment.”

Tiffany's eyes were glossy, even the slightest mention of walking made every fibre of her being hurt. Her handicap served as a reminder of her promise with Mr Jung and disgust was an understatement of what she felt. She regretted making that promise but how could she be so selfish and let her father die? 

“I don't give a damn about what my father says, well if he can even call himself that. I want you to walk and we will walk together for the rest of our lives, understood?” Jessica said, cupping Tiffany's cheeks. 

Tiffany threw her arms around Jessica's neck, silently sobbing as her tears rolled down her cheeks, “I love you so much, Jessie...”

Jessica embraced her lover in silence; she was remorseful because of how much her father had managed to hurt Tiffany without her knowing. It disgusted her to know that Mr Jung was playing the father role perfectly in front of her all this time. 

“I love you... I love you more than you'll ever know, you hear me?” Jessica whispered, gripping onto Tiffany's waist. 

The couple sat on the bed, hugging each other like they've never hugged before. Jessica was dying to trash things out with her father and make it extremely clear that she would never accept anyone but Tiffany as her future love. She was ready and determined to step up her game; Tiffany was NOT going to get hurt any more, not as long as she's there to prevent that from happening. 

Tiffany had already suffered too much; it was now Jessica's turn to protect her. 

 

-

 

Two fully-grown men sat opposite each other at the table quietly, both refusing to even glance at each other. The tanned one was beyond annoyed that he was forced by his wife to be here while the other just sat in his seat, unable to say a word. Their wives were at the counter placing their respective orders when the younger one turned around, nearly bursting into laughter at the quiet pair. 

“Unnie, why did we marry six-year-olds again?”

“I don't know, Yoong. Maybe cause those six-year-olds love us more than anyone ever will?”

Yoona smiled shyly to herself, which was definitely true. Her husband was nothing but a kid; a kid who possessed a heart of a true man. It was her fortune to be the one who could turn him from a hopeless player to someone so full of love and emotion.

“Sulky brats. They probably won't open their mouths unless we force them to…” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, watching Sooyoung shift in his seat uncomfortably. She didn't remember her husband being such an introvert before. 

On the contrary, Sooyoung was pretty much a social butterfly and Yuri wasn't that far behind when it came to socializing. Both Yoona and Hyoyeon would know since those two horribly thick-skinned boys had approached them first. 

“Babe, here's your coffee…” Yoona placed a cup of iced latte in front of her sulky husband. She bit her lip to resist giggling at his childish behaviour; acting like no one was seated at the table.

Sooyoung looked up at Yoona with pleading eyes, he was literally at a loss. Yuri and him wouldn't even be friends right now if it weren’t for Hyoyeon. Now that Hyoyeon was the one who got into trouble, nothing would be fine. 

“Yul...” Yoona nudged Yuri's side, “What did I say just now?”

Yuri sighed and turned to face Yoona, a blank expression on his face. If it weren’t for Yoona's cruel threat this morning, he wouldn't even be sitting at this table. 

 

Flashback. 

Yuri was still fast asleep in bed after a fantastic dinner with Yoona and a wonderful bonding time with his twins after. Sehun and Soojung were practically more excited for their parents' mini date than Yoona and Yuri themselves; cleaning up their own plates after dinner so their parents could spend more time together. If Sehun and Soojung weren't already being such sweet children, they wanted to be -blockers as well. Instead of going back to their own room to sleep, they made themselves comfortable on the king-sized bed in their parents' room. 

“Baby...” Yoona shook her sleeping husband, laughing a little when her son stirred instead of Yuri.

None of them responded. 

“Yuri, get up...” Yoona whined softly, rubbing Yuri's arm. “Hey, we're going to meet Hyoyeon-unnie today…”

Yuri's eyes fluttered open immediately, blinking to adjust to the small rays sunlight entering the room. He was so eager to meet his best friend again; he wanted to make sure she was fine and well taken care of. 

“Oh and Sooyoung-oppa will be there too...”

“What?”

Yoona flashed her cute smile at her husband, caressing his face. She knew certain expressions would allow Yuri to fall at her feet and at times like this, it would be a good advantage. Yuri shut his eyes and lay back on the bed, wrapping one arm across his twins. 

“If you don't trash things out today, you sleep outside for the rest of this month and the next too.”

Flashback end.

 

Thank God for that threat, Yoona thought, she knew her husband all too well.

If there was one thing Yuri couldn't do, it was to fall asleep without having Yoona in his arms or at least knowing she's safe at home. Yoona took full advantage in that aspect and Yuri had to hand it to his clever wife for thinking that one up. Her breath hitched when Yuri stood up from the table, giving Sooyoung a glare before walking to the counter. 

Yoona smiled apologetically at Sooyoung, “Sorry, he's not usually so rude…” Hyoyeon brushed it off, she was the other person who knew Yuri like the back of her hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter