Chapter 29

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Someone explain to me why the bloody hell I’m here again.”

“Because…” Yuri turned his sulky cousin to face him and flicked her forehead, “your precious girlfriend wants to fight for your happiness against your parents which you completely don’t care about and that’s why we’re here, Sica.”

Jessica’s pout grew even bigger and she crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against Yuri. She had a strong feeling that nothing was going to change even though Tiffany was trying to be a big-hearted person. Tiffany was a naturally understanding and loving person but her weakness was that she didn’t know when to give up for her own good – that was what often got her hurt.

“Unnie,” Yoona called out softly and placed a hand on Tiffany's shoulder, “are you sure you’re making the right decision?”

Tiffany sighed, smiling at her worrywart of a sister. She knew it was a big risk to come back unannounced but she wouldn’t live in peace if they didn’t receive blessings from the Jungs’. Unlike the hostility Mr Jung had shown her the other day, Tiffany could tell that he didn’t mean to cause this much harm to her and with a of luck, she might manage to hit a homerun today.

“You’re here with me, aren’t you?” Tiffany reached up and pinched Yoona’s nose, earning a small pout from her baby sister. Tiffany held onto Yoona's hand even tighter and muttered a few words of assurance, “Besides, Yuri and Sica are here too. They won’t let anything happen to me.”

Okay, that was more than enough to assure her; Yuri was by no means going to allow Mr Jung to do anything to Tiffany - because Tiffany getting hurt meant that Yoona's heart would break as well. Though Yoona did get a small scolding from Yuri when she slapped Mr Jung the other day, they were all aware that she would do it again if he did anything rash or demeaning to Tiffany. 

“Sooyeon!” Mrs Jung cried out in surprise, pushing the door wider as she took her daughter into her arms, “never thought I’ll see you here again!”

Jessica forced a smile and gently broke the embrace, pushing the older woman a little bit. “I’m only here because Fany wants to talk to that man, not because I want to come.” Jessica swallowed her words when she saw her mother’s smile falter; she came home to let Tiffany do what she wanted and not because she felt as if she owed that man a living.

Yuri’s eyes widened and he smacked the back of her head, “Sica! How can you say that?” Yuri approached the older woman at the door and enveloped his auntie in his arms, glaring at Jessica to make her shut , “good morning, Auntie. Sorry, we came unannounced but Fany really wanted to talk to Uncle and sort things out so…” 

Mrs Jung's smile widened a little and gently patted Yuri's back, facing the rather embarrassed Tiffany who was hiding behind Yoona. Honestly, Mrs Jung had accepted Tiffany the moment she entered the house yesterday; Tiffany was a good girl after all - despite being looked down upon Mr Jung from the very beginning, she never failed to treat them politely and with a great load of manners. 

“Come on. Your father has been waiting for this day.”

Yoona felt Tiffany tense up behind her and she gave her sister’s hand a little squeeze, “don’t worry, Unnie. I won’t let him do anything to you, I promise.” Tiffany nodded and buried her face into Yoona’s shoulder, silently thanking her for being such a good dongsaeng. 

Yuri was the first to enter the house; the sight did surprise him very much indeed. Mr Jung was calmly seated on the sofa, as if he had been prepared for this meeting. He entered the house slowly and stared at his uncle with a confused expression, “Uncle.” Yuri nearly fell back in shock when Mr Jung smiled back at him, “Yuri, my boy. Come here and let me take a good look at you.”

Yoona clamped her hand over when she saw her husband looking back at her with a someone-please-help-me expression; Yuri was such a child. Yoona walked towards Yuri and gently pulled her husband with her, the couple walking towards the kitchen to allow the Jungs' to have some privacy. 

Yuri rubbed his arms to free himself of goosebumps, “Uncle’s behaving oddly. It’s weird!” Yoona rolled her eyes and smacked her husband's arms, “stop being a child. Maybe Mr Jung is just trying to be nice now.” Yuri cocked an eyebrow and stared at his wife incredulously, “you’re being unbelievably nice about him today.” Yoona stuck her tongue out at Yuri and peeked from the doorway, ignoring her skeptical husband behind her.

Yuri huffed and wrapped his arms around Yoona’s waist from the back, resting his chin on her shoulder. “You fickle little thing.” Yoona smacked Yuri’s arm around her waist and tried to turn around but to no avail; Yuri was busy planting small kisses along the column of her neck and Yoona wasn’t about to stop the fluttery sensation.

Jessica didn’t even bother to look at her father, simply taking a seat beside Tiffany as her parents sat opposite them. Tiffany tried to nudge Jessica a couple of times to make her show her parents some respect. When Jessica gave no reaction, Tiffany grabbed ahold of one of her crutches, stomping it on her girlfriend's foot. 

“Ouch!”

Tiffany gave Jessica a glare and pointed at the silent couple sitting opposite with her eyes. Jessica pouted and rubbed her foot painfully before turning to face her parents, who were smiling as if they had won the lottery - which was rather scary, if she might add. Jessica gulped nervously, knowing that Tiffany was still waiting for her to make a move. 

“So…” Jessica started, “how have you been, Umma?”

Mrs Jung merely chuckled and crossed her legs, “I’ve been good, of course. I do hope you’ve been taking care of Tiffany here; she’s been taking care of you really well.” Mrs Jung added a little wink at the end of her sentence and took a sip of her tea, trying her best to ignore her daughter’s whining. 

“Are you trying to say I’m fat, Umma?”

“No, I’m not trying to say you’re fat.” Mrs Jung giggled, “I am saying you’re fat.” 

“YAH!”  

Laughter echoed from the kitchen all the way to the living room as everyone ignored Jessica's blushing face - her blush deepening due to the embarrassment she was feeling - while Tiffany could only giggle in amusement; she had no idea that Mrs Jung was this capable of making jokes.  

It was only when Mr Jung suddenly got up from his seat and approached Tiffany did Yoona start to leave the kitchen. “Yoong, no.” Yuri called and held onto either sides of her waist tightly, “let Sica handle this. Please.” Yoona sighed and clasped her fingers together; she wouldn’t be able to live it down if Tiffany got hurt again. 

Jessica moved as quick as lightning and stood in front of Tiffany, standing face to face with her father. Mr Jung had to admit; he was rather impressed at Jessica's courage to love this openly, and to even go against him for Tiffany... he must have been missing a lot when Tiffany was injured. 

The truth is, Mr Jung has run many background checks on Tiffany and he was aware of her relationship with Yoona, which was why he wasn't surprised when Yoona was the one who slapped him the last time they were here. He did go too far the last time, and he really did feel genuine remorse afterward. After all, he was the one who caused Tiffany to be in her current state. 

And besides, he wouldn't be losing a daughter - he would be gaining another daughter to shower his love upon. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter