Chapter 18

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mommy!” Yuri greeted in slight shock and excitement. He couldn't remember the last time he saw his mother in person and not just through skype or Facetime. 

Mrs Kwon smiled at Yuri's expression and took him into her arms, letting out her guilt at once. She couldn't express how sorry she was for making Yuri do things that he never wanted to do in his life. In fact, her guilt was doubled because Mr Kwon didn't seem to feel bad at all.

“Hey, baby...”

Yuri noticed the upset tone in his mother's voice, making up his mind to ask her about it later. Mrs Kwon hadn't noticed Yoona preparing dinner until she heard something fall in the kitchen, almost sounding like a glass breaking. Yuri broke away from the hug immediately, turning to the woman in the kitchen. 

Yuri rushed to the kitchen and found his wife standing near the counter, “Yoong, is everything okay?” He rushed to her and checked her body worriedly. “I'm okay, baby. The glass just slipped from my hand since I just washed my hands…” Yoona giggled nervously at her mistake, holding Yuri's hands to assure him.

The couple continued to have their time, not noticing Mrs Kwon standing at the entrance with a proud smile.

“Yoona, darling...”

The doe-eyed girl turned around and her eyes turned teary at the person in front of her. “Mommy...” Yoona walked towards Mrs Kwon with open arms, welcoming her mother-in-law. Only God knows how much she had missed Mrs Kwon's motherly antics towards her.

“Hey, Yoongie. Well, you look pretty stunning for a mother of two…” Mrs Kwon teased, breaking the hug with a satisfied expression. 

Yuri just watched his wife, bending down to pick up the glass pieces with his bare hands. Yoona would kill him if she ever saw Yuri doing this in front of her. Mrs Kwon watched her son with an odd look, wondering why Yuri looked so suspicious and cautious of his actions. 

“How did you know we were staying here, Mommy?” Yoona asked. Mrs Kwon smiled sheepishly, she had indirectly and unintentionally invaded their privacy, “I got Butler Shin to check up on you guys”

The tanned guy managed to clean the mess successfully without Yoona catching him and he washed his hands quickly, disposing of the glass pieces carefully. Walking towards his wife, Yuri s his arms around her waist and smiled when he heard her gasp. 

“Aigoo. Still so crazy over your wife, sweetheart?” Mrs Kwon smirked, earning a pout from both husband and wife. 

Yoona couldn't stop blushing, she didn't know why Mrs Kwon always took the chance to in front of Yuri and vice versa. Then again, Yoona loved to watch Yuri blush in front of her. It was adorable to see a masculine, appealing man like her husband turn red because of her. 

“Where are Sehun and Soojung?” Mrs Kwon looked around, suddenly realizing how quiet the apartment had been since she first stepped into the apartment. 

“Oh, they're at Sica-unnie and Fany-unnie's apartment opposite.”

Mrs Kwon's eyes widened for the nth time that night, “Fany? As in Tiffany Hwang? I thought she cheated on Sica and left your family in a mess before she went back to America?”

Yuri shook his head frantically, he really needed to update his mother on the happenings. 

“Mom, lots of things have happened. I will slowly tell you tonight, okay? Don't bring up any of these things and just go with the flow. I assure you, that Fany is innocent.” Yuri said firmly and Mrs Kwon knew when to get serious with her son, Yuri wasn't a person who knew how to bull his way through. 

Yoona stood quietly at the side as well. Neither she nor Yuri could forget the first time Mr and Mrs Kwon forced Yuri to go overseas to submit his application. 

 

Flashback.

After Yoona let Yuri step into her world fully, she never once found herself regretting it. Everything was perfect after the night she confessed her fears to Yuri. Yuri protected her and treated her like a queen although she didn't require it, Yoona tried her best to love Yuri as much as he did her.

“Yuri, you have to go to the States.” Mrs Kwon demanded, pulling her son straight to face her.

Yuri and Yoona had gone back to the Kwon's for dinner, only to be slapped in the face with a painful revelation. Yoona could almost feel the tension boiling amongst the Kwons and she felt bad, for she was the only thing holding Yuri back from having a brighter future. 

“Did you even ask me if I wanted to do it? Or are you just making use of me so that the company can stand out?” Yuri asked, not anger but more of disappointment was detected in his voice.

“I've finally learned to do something that I like and I'm trying to have my own cafe with a stable income. I've found happiness with someone, why can't you guys let me be independent?”

Mr Kwon threw his file onto the floor, standing up to his full height as well. He had enough of Yuri's constant defiance and he wasn't going to tolerate it much longer because his main intention was a bright future for his son.

“You will go to America and that's final.”

“No. I will be with Yoona; I don't care if you guys disagree. At the very least, I'm happy with her.” Yuri muttered and walked out with Yoona, holding onto her hand firmly.

He thought they would be able to ride out the hurdle without any more obstacles but the very next morning, Yuri found his apartment being cleaned out by workers. 

“Just go, Yul... I promise I'll be waiting for you...”

Flashback end.

 

“What are you thinking of so intently, Love?” Yuri asked, cupping Yoona's cheeks. Yoona held Yuri's hands against her cheeks and she smiled, “Just how stubborn you were when it came to leaving for America…”

Yuri blushed slightly and chuckled, pressing a kiss on Yoona's forehead. Yoona could keep reminding him of the same thing and never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter