Chapter 27

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr Jung stopped dead in his tracks when he saw someone sitting on a wheelchair with the back facing him. In his view was also his ever so familiar nephew and his girlfriend plus two kids sitting on the floor with a bunch of toys. He carefully took off his shoes and stepped through the door, feeling a sense of tension in the house. 

“Hi, Uncle!”

Though Yuri wasn’t a big fan of Mr Jung after realizing what he had done to Tiffany, he still gave him the basic respect for being a good uncle. He gave Mr Jung a brief hug and patted his back while Mr Jung returned the hug, “Hey, Yul! Lookin’ good, aye?” Yuri felt a sense of pride swell in his chest, knowing he had finally garnered the respect he deserved.

Yoona quietly stayed in her seat, squeezing Tiffany’s hand every now and then to assure the older one that nothing could happen. She didn’t even want to look at Mr Jung; for goodness’ sakes, her elder sister was now paralyzed from the waist down because of him. Tiffany beckoned Yoona to greet the man; not wanting Yoona to get into trouble because of her.

“Hey, Uncle.” Yoona greeted softly.

What truly surprised her was when Mr Jung took the initiative to hug her; he never really talked to her in the past and neither did he bother to get to know her as a person.

Yuri cleared his throat before sitting beside Soojung, taking the little princess into his arms. “Uncle, I want my wife back if you would.” Yoona giggled and broke the hug immediately, heading towards her sulking husband; he'd probably be complaining to Soojung if she doesn't. 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Yuri’s antics and let out a tender smile when she felt a small pair of arms hug her legs, Sehun was at the other end of it. Sehun flashed a cheeky grin and rested his chin upon Tiffany's knees, “Imo, does Sehun look handsome today?” Tiffany chuckled at Sehun's question; he really took after Yuri more. 

“Yes, Sehun’s very handsome today.” Tiffany picked Sehun into her arms with much difficulty, hugging the little prince tightly. Sehun buried his face into Tiffany’s chest, “I think Imo looks pretty too… just like my Umma.” 

Definitely Yuri's son. 

Yuri sighed at how sweet Sehun was being; he was exactly like him when it came to Yoona. He rested his head on Yoona’s shoulder and smiled when her fingers immediately found his brown locks, caressing his head lovingly. “Sehun must have inherited your sweet-talk too, huh?” Yoona asked, poking Yuri’s puffed out cheek. She turned Yuri’s chin to face her and pressed her lips on his, shutting her husband up before he could reply.

Soojung had enough of being sandwiched between her two lovey-dovey parents and she stood on Yuri’s lap, placing her arms akimbo. Yuri smiled, “what are you doing, Princess?” Soojung huffed and jumped down from the sofa, walking towards Tiffany and Sehun, “Aunt Fany, pick me up too! Umma and Appa are giving me goose bumps!”

Pft, Yuri huffed.

Mr Jung would have forgotten about the person sitting on the wheelchair if it wasn’t for Soojung’s yell. He gulped and took a deep breath, turning towards the figure with trembling limbs. 

“T-Tiff---”

“Hello, Appa.”

With that hateful tone his daughter was using, Mr Jung knew his secret was out; his plan had failed even after all these years of waiting. He didn’t want Tiffany to appear in front of his daughter ever again but obviously, their willpower was much stronger than he thought. He stood frozen at his spot, unable to even find the strength to hug his daughter.

Jessica walked towards Tiffany and lifted her chin with her finger, pressing her lips against Tiffany’s hard. She needed to prove to Mr Jung that she was now capable of taking care of herself and her life was hers to manage. If she wanted to marry Tiffany in the future then she would; with or without his permission. Tiffany gasped; she didn't know what Jessica was thinking. 

“I can’t believe you’d stoop that low just to break my relationship, Appa,” Jessica chuckled, wiping Tiffany’s lips free of her lip gloss, “but I’m here with Fany today because I don’t care whether you don’t like us being together. I found her and I’m not letting her go ever again.”  

Mrs Jung was leaning on the kitchen door frame, she wanted to see how serious her daughter was with Tiffany. In the past, Jessica had a couple of relationships but none of them worked out well and yet she was actually planning to get married to Tiffany - Tiffany must be a keeper in that case. 

Mr Jung was practically shaking with anger as Jessica's words registered in his mind, he couldn't accept this arrangement after all his effort to separate them. He clenched his fists by his side and released a scornful laugh; the anger was seeping into his brain and his mind. He couldn't imagine Jessica and Tiffany being a couple like they were in the past.

“Stephanie Hwang… after all I’ve done to help your father, this is how you repay me?” Mr Jung mocked, about to move closer to Tiffany when Yuri blocked his way, “Uncle, please control yourself.”

Tiffany cleared this time and patted Jessica's that was in front of her, she needed to stand up for herself. She looked up at Mr Jung with the most confident expression she could manage and said, “with all due respect, Mr Jung… I’ve already lost my legs and I promised myself that I would do anything as long as I have Jessie with me.”

It hadn’t occurred to Mr Jung that Tiffany was actually paralyzed from waist down; his eyes went wide after hearing her words, “w-what?” Jessica rolled her eyes and bent down beside Tiffany's wheelchair, gently rolling up her skinny jeans only to reveal a pair of limp legs, “she’s ing paralyzed, Appa. Can’t you see?” 

Although Mr Jung had been merciless in his ways to make Tiffany leave Jessica, he never wanted to cause Tiffany such malicious harm. Tiffany was a sweet individual but he couldn't possibly let Jessica date her and be the scorn of all the citizens' fury. He swallowed with much difficulty and blinked his tears away, eyes focused on Tiffany's legs. 

“How did this happen?”

Yoona was beyond tolerating Mr Jung at this point; ever since he released that evil laughter, her blood had started to boil. Here stood this heartless man, thinking that he had done no wrong in separating his daughter and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter