Chapter 26

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was sitting beside Tiffany in the back of Yuri's car, the twins calmly perched on their laps as they headed towards the Jungs' house. Tiffany had Sehun with her and Soojung was comfortably wrapped in Jessica's motherly embrace. 

Yoona slipped her hand into Yuri's free hand, giving her husband a gentle squeeze to assure him that everything would be fine. Yuri turned to Yoona and sent her a small smile, “don’t worry, baby. I’m fine…” Yoona returned the gentle smile and soon retracted her hand, turning behind to check on her exceptionally quiet babies. 

“Unnie… you’re going to spoil them.” Yoona frowned, seeing how engrossed her children were in their aunties’ phones. Jessica made a face and pinched Soojung’s chubby cheek gently, “I don’t do this often. Let me pamper my babies too.” Yoona rolled her eyes and turned back to the front, chuckling at the er Jessica was for her twins.

Yuri looked up at the rear mirror and his eyes met with Tiffany’s, “are you sure you’ll be okay, Fany?”

Tiffany honestly wasn’t sure about her well-being but she needed to get past this obstacle or she would never be able to face Mr Jung confidently. She needed to prove to him that she was worth Jessica's love and Jessica would not live to regret choosing her over anyone else. 

Mr Jung needed to be slapped with a dose of reality and that dose was going to come from a girl he had doubted years ago; the girl he wanted to stay away from his daughter and never appear in front of her. Yet, at this current moment, Jessica was sitting right beside her and was even planning to marry her. 

Tiffany gripped onto Jessica’s hand tightly, closing her eyes to prevent her tears from spilling over. She didn’t want Sehun or Soojung to worry when they were having so much fun with their phones; the kids didn’t need to worry about something they weren’t involved in.

“Sehun-ah…” Yoona unbuckled her seat belt and turned around, “come to Umma for a short while.” Sehun waddled off Tiffany’s lap and entered Yoona’s arms in a heartbeat, no one could beat his mother’s hug.

Jessica calmly placed Soojung on the seat beside her and slid closer to Tiffany, “come here, baby. Don’t hide your tears in…” Tiffany felt Jessica’s hand reach behind her neck, pushing her face into Jessica’s shoulder. 

And as soft sobbing sounds echoed throughout the car, simultaenous sighs were released from both Yoona and Yuri. Sehun buried his face into Yoona's chest and mumbled, “Umma… why is Aunt Fany crying?”

Knowing that his wife wouldn’t be able to give Sehun a satisfactory answer, Yuri made sure it was a red light and turned to the passenger seat. He opened his arms and beckoned his son to come over, “Sehun-ah, come to Appa.” Sehun calmly moved to Yuri’s embrace, knowing his father would have something good installed for him.

“Do you want to be Appa’s partner today?” Sehun nodded eagerly, on his thumb since he was getting hungry. “Put your hands on the steering wheel like Appa’s… but please wipe your thumb before doing that.” Yuri laughed at Sehun’s pout and gave him a kiss on the head. Yuri put on his seatbelt again and held onto Sehun’s hands, “we’ll be race drivers soon!”

Yoona whipped her head towards Yuri and glared at him, “don’t even think about it.”

Yuri huffed and pouted, “I was just trying to save you from his questions!”

Yoona giggled and leaned over the arm rests, pressing her lips on Yuri's cheeks briefly. “Fine, fine… now stop pouting and concentrate on the road, you big baby.” Yuri blushed slightly when his eyes met with Yoona's mischievious ones, her gaze making him tremble all over. 

And it took a while for Tiffany to calm down, her tears starting to drench Jessica's originally-beautiful dress shirt. Tiffany wanted to stop, she really did - as long as Jessica was with her, she knew she was safe but she couldn't help it. 

Jessica didn’t know what to do to calm Tiffany down but she knew it was horrible for Tiffany to be experiencing this by herself.  She might be with Tiffany physically but who knows what kind of pain Tiffany is experiencing deep inside? For all she knows, her father might have traumatized Tiffany so badly that this was the result of it all.

“Fany…” Jessica whispered, pressing a kiss on Tiffany’s crown, “are you feeling better?” Tiffany nodded timidly and lifted her head from Jessica’s shoulder, brushing her tears away. She turned to the window and took a deep breath, trying to calm her breathing.

The blonde was about to approach Tiffany when Yoona looked at her from the side mirrors this time, shaking her head. Yoona knew Tiffany the best; even before they realised they were half-sisters, Tiffany got closer to Yoona very quickly and the two became amazing friends. Now looking at it, it must have been the blood ties that drew them so close. 

It didn’t take very long for them to reach the Jungs’ since Yuri couldn’t stand the tension in the car. He felt guilty that Jessica was on the receiving end of Tiffany’s fear but Tiffany deserved some time to calm herself down, she was meeting the cause of her current state after all.

Yuri didn’t know why but it seemed as if both Yoona and him were also going through what Jessica and Tiffany were. He knew Mr Jung was a piece of even though he was one of the uncles that treated him well; he alw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter