Chapter 23

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona looked around the messy living room, sighing at their home, which transformed into a pig sty. She only left the house to get groceries for half and hour and Sehun really made the best out of it. Sehun was sick today so he had the chance to stay at home while Soojung went to school alone, whining to her father about Sehun's absence. She thought the house would be less messy since there was only one around, who knew that it would look even worse than usual? 

“Umma...” Sehun ran to his mother, opening his arms, “Where's Soojungie?” Yoona lifted her son into her arms and gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Princess is in school. You miss Soojung?” Sehun nodded and pouted, burying his face into Yoona's neck. 

“Sehun-ah, I want you to learn how to clear your own mess...” Yoona turned Sehun, letting him get a good look at the mess in the living room, “Is Umma supposed to help you?” Sehun nodded, earning a loud laugh from Yoona.

“No, Umma will watch you clean...”

Sehun tilted his head in confusion, no one had taught him how to clean up before. Soojung usually helped him with some bits but now that his twin wasn't around, he didn't know where and how to start. He started shaking his head, struggling to get down from Yoona's arms. Yoona let Sehun down, thinking he was going to clean but he took off right after his feet touched the ground.

Yoona crossed her arms, “KWON SEHUN!”

No one responded.

Yoona sighed to herself again, this is exactly why others said he took after Yuri in so many ways; One of them was the way Sehun was quick to escape from any trouble whatsoever. “Sehun, Umma's not going to bring you out anymore if you don't clean up...” Sehun's foot steps were heard as Yoona bit her lip, ready to put on a stern expression. 

“U---”

“APPA'S HOME!” 

Sehun took the chance to run to the door, ready to hide behind his Appa.

BANG!

A loud cry immediately erupted from behind the door, Yuri still oblivious to what just happened as he carried Soojung with one arm. “Where's Sehu---” “WAHHHHHHH!!” Yuri quickly put Soojung down, pushing the door only to reveal his poor son rubbing his forehead, mouth wide open as he cried loudly. 

“OMO OMO OMO! Appa didn't see you, Sehun!” Yuri bent down in front of Sehun and rubbed his forehead, “Does it still hurt?” Sehun nodded, tears still rolling down his cheeks. Yoona couldn't help but to smile at how panicky Yuri was and how silly Sehun was, standing behind the door instead of waiting patiently. “Umma! Soojung missed you!” Soojung latched herself to Yoona's legs, hugging her mother tightly. 

The father and son continued their moment while Soojung just watched them with a frown; she tugged on Yoona's shirt, “Umma...” Yoona carried Soojung with her to the sofa, placing her daughter on her lap, “What is it, baby?” “Sehun's crying...” Soojung's lips were starting to quiver as tears formed at the corner of her eyes, she hated seeing Sehun cry. Furthermore, Sehun rarely cried so loudly so it must have hurt really badly for him to bawl his eyes out so badly. 

“Aniya, Soojung-ah. Appa didn't see Sehunnie that's why the door hit him, okay? Your brother's fine, don't worry...” Yoona hugged Soojung to her chest, kissing the little girl's forehead tenderly. “Really?” Soojung mumbled, rubbing her eyes with her two fists. 

Yoona nodded and brushed Soojung’s stray strands of hair away from her face,  “really, baby girl. Stop crying, okay? Now go and give Sehunnie a big kiss.” Soojung wriggled out of her mother’s arms and walked towards her sobbing brother, “Mwah!” 

Yuri chuckled at his little princess’s actions; it was so sweet and something Yoona always did when Yuri was upset. “Stop crying, Hunnie.” Soojung wiped away Sehun’s tears and gave him another kiss, “I’m fine, Ddudungie.” Sehun cupped Soojung’s cheeks and pinched them.

Yoona took the opportunity to give her husband a surprise kiss as well, walking towards Yuri who was still standing at the door with a goofy smile on his face. Yuri snapped out of his daydreams when he felt a pair of arms snaking around his waist, “Hey, Yoong. Did you manage to get all the groceries this morning?” Yuri threw one arm over his wife’s shoulder, “Yeah! That’s why the house is in this state.” A chuckle left Yuri's lips when he saw colouring pencils and markers strewn all over the table, Lego blocks everywhere on their marble floor.

“Oh right... I've decided to work in Sooyoung's restaurant as you wanted me to.”

Yoona immediately pulled back from the side hug and stared at Yuri in shock, she didn't expect Yuri to bring it up again unless she questioned him about his job. Yuri grinned and placed both hands on Yoona's shoulders, pushing the doe-eyed woman to the living room carefully so that she wouldn't step on any Lego block. 

“APPA! UMMA! WE'RE GOING TO PLAY IN OUR ROOM! BYE BYE!” 

“Ah! Stop shouting, you two!” 

Yoona placed her hand on Yuri's head when Yuri sat on the floor in front of her, his hands placed on her thighs, “why the sudden change in decision, Kwon Yul? You better spill...” Yoona narrowed her eyes at Yuri who was still laughing to himself; this was getting too suspicious.

 

Flashback.

Yuri was waiting for Soojung at the nearby playground, munching on a bag of chips he bought from the convenience store. He always made an effort to come at least 10 minutes before Soojung’s dismissal time because Soojung wasn’t very patient and could kick up a big fuss if she didn’t see either Yoona or him there waiting for her to end school.

“Yuri?”

He looked up at the call of his name and scowled after seeing who it was, “What are you doing here?” Sooyoung just pointed at the playground where Hyoyeon and Misun were playing together. Hyoyeon waved at Yuri with a bright smile before raising Misun's hand to do the same. Yuri forced a smile and waved back to his best friend before turning his attention back to Sooyoung.

“Well, what do you want?”

Sooyoung ignored the awful lot of hatred in Yuri’s voice; he promised Hyoyeon he would try his best to mend the problem between Yuri and him. “I just wanted to make sure you know that I will always love Hyoyeon more than anyone else will ever love her.” Yuri was assured, he knew Sooyoung was the one for Hyoyeon but it wasn’t this that was bothering him.

“And… I know you’re afraid you’ll lose Yoona but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter