Chapter 19

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was walking back and forth, biting her fingernails nervously; so much for spending time with her family after coming home from the States. 

Yuri held Yoona's waist, trying to get his wife to calm down, “Baby, sit down...”

Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona were left with no choice but to call Sunny and Taeyeon for help as well. As much as Yoona wanted to help out in the search, her kids were also her responsibility. Sunny would be staying at home with Yoona and the twins while the three men would have to search for Hyoyeon. 

“How can I, Yul? How?” Yoona sighed, looking at Yuri with eyes that said so much more. 

Yuri looked away; he had no answer for her. His eyes travelling to his kids playing with their toys, with absolutely no clue of what was happening.

“Sehun, Soojung... What are you two doing?” Yuri sat down beside them. Only Sehun and Soojung could make him forget about both his and Yoona's worries at this point in time.

The tanned guy was trying to focus on the twins' talking but he couldn't, his thoughts were running back to Hyoyeon time and again. Yoona didn't know whether to pity her children who were unintentionally getting ignored or her husband who looked so distraught.

She was about to walk towards Yuri when her phone started vibrating again.

“Hello?”

“Yoona-ah... It's okay...”

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows in frustration, “What are you talking about, Sooyoung-oppa?”

“Hyoyeon's back, she came back. Sorry to make you guys worry, I'll keep you updated...”

Yoona was about to hang up when Yuri took the phone from his wife, pushing her very gently. He let Sooyoung off in the past and he wasn't going to let this one slide now. “Sooyoung, you owe me an explanation...” Yuri didn't even wait for Sooyoung to reply and he cut the call, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. 

Yoona just stared at her husband incredulously.

Did Yuri just do that?

In their years of marriage, Yuri wasn't one to use that tone on any of his friends, neither did he hang up on them like that. She was indeed appalled at his behaviour and she took his hand, pulling him to the kitchen.

“Yuri, what the hell?” Yoona asked, glaring at him.

“What?”

“Why are you so harsh towards Sooyoung-oppa? I know Hyoyeon-unnie is very close to you but she's Sooyoung-oppa's WIFE... Can you imagine how he feels? He's probably feeling worse than us!”

Yuri couldn't say a word, was his wife lecturing him on how to treat Sooyoung? He wasn't going to fight with Yoona over this, no.

It wasn't worth it at all. 

“Fine, I'm sorry. I won't treat Sooyoung-oppa like that ever again…”

Yoona's eyes were ablaze and she could almost feel the urge to smack Yuri across the face. Just what the hell was he insinuating by that statement? She was about to fire back with a comment of her own when something hugged her tightly by the legs.

“Umma. Don't be angry…” Soojung mumbled into her thighs. 

Yuri watched Yoona's eyes flutter and he regretted the words coming of his mouth immediately for Yoona wasn't trying to control her anger, she was trying to hold back her tears. 

“Umma's fine, Princess. Don't worry...” Yoona bent down and pressed a kiss on Soojung's forehead, making the little girl giggle.

Soojung didn't reply Yoona but she held out her pinky, waiting for Yoona to link her own together. The doe-eyed girl smiled thankfully at her daughter and linked their pinkies together. 

“Thank you, baby.. At least you understand me.” Yoona muttered directly and stood back up, bringing Soojung back to the living room. Yuri looked down at his feet, he knew fully well that the statement was meant to knock some sense into his stupid head.

He could swear that it was jealousy talking.

 

Flashback. 

[This is before Sooyoung started getting serious with Hyoyeon] 

Yuri and Yoona were walking into the school, hand in hand. He was having a hard time keeping the large grin off his face and it amused Yoona endlessly.

It was honestly no surprise as to why everyone was busy staring at him. 

“Sooyoung-oppa!”  

Yoona let go of Yuri's hand and ran to the tall, tanned guy standing near the lockers. The tanned guy just walked towards his girlfriend and Sooyoung, not wanting to get jealous over something that he might have misunderstood. Yoona seemed a bit too happy to see the shikshin, he thought.

“Yuri... This is Sooyoung-oppa. Sooyoung-oppa, this is Yuri. He's my boyfriend.”

Yoona smiled and soon realized the stiffness in Yuri's arms. She could only hope that Yuri wasn't thinking of anything that would hurt himself.

“Don't worry, we don't stand a chance. We broke up already.”  Sooyoung meant it as a joke but Yuri seemed to have taken it the wrong way, his jaw clenching at Sooyoung's comment. 

Yuri rolled his eyes and walked off, ignoring Sooyoung for the rest of the morning. Of course he knew that guy, they were in the same soccer team. 

 

-

 

Soccer matches within the team had begun and Yuri was still unable to forget what Sooyoung had said this morning. Yoona couldn't even tell him that she and Sooyoung used to be together, what if Yoona managed to get her old feelings back and reconcile with Sooyoung? 

“Yul.... time to start.”

Taeyeon patted his shoulder and headed back to his place as a mid-fielder. Yuri was the captain so it was natural for him to face-off with the other captain, which just had to be Sooyoung. 

As we all guessed, the match had gone terribly. Yuri earned 2 yellow cards alone for the first-half - sliding Sooyoung from the back and all he focused on was getting the younger guy down. When he was allowed to play for the second half, he successfully got Sooyoung down on his back. 

“Yuri! What's wrong with you?” Yoona shouted, pushing her boyfriend. Yuri brushed Yoona’s hand off and continued to take his soccer boots off in the locker room, “I didn't do anything.”

“Why can't you ever handle your jealousy issues? Be mature for once? At this rate, I'm going to lose all my friends who are male!” Yoona screamed in frustration.

Yuri lost it and he threw his boots on the ground, walking towards Yoona. His fists trembled by his sides and he slammed his hands beside Yoona's head on the wall.

“There's a difference between jealousy and being worried about you being taken from me.”

The couple left it at that and Yoona took the time to reflect upon herself. She had explained that she never thought of telling him because there was not much of an ending between Sooyoung and her. Heck, it hadn't really mattered to her then. 

Flashback end. 

 

Yuri shut his eyes and looked towards the ceiling, he had promised Yoona never to bring up that incident or remind them of it again. At that time he was worried that Sooyoung might win Yoona back from him but today's incident was pure jealousy talking for him.

“…”

Sehun walked into the kitchen at the same time Yuri said that and the little boy quickly made his way to Yuri, climbing onto the chair to meet Yuri's eye-level, well, almost at least. 

“Appa, your stomach hurts?” Sehun placed his hand on Yuri's abs and rubbed it up and down. Yuri held Sehun's hand and smiled at his son, “No, buddy. Why do you say that?”

“Appa said '' just now, so you have to go toilet?”

Aigooo, Sehun-ah…

 

-

 

Hyoye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter