Final

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grey text is in Mandarin.

Trying to be in touch with Kevin was harder than Luhan thought. Having no clue on how to contact him was the hardest part. Jinah, didn’t know how to find Kevin, too. The two of them wouldn’t be in peace until they find Kevin.

Jinah and Hana’s papers were being processed and Luhan had been receiving calls from sponsors and companies. Firstly, before he accepted any offers, he asked Jinah first if she was okay with him going back to the entertainment industry. Jinah could never be any happier for Luhan. She had no problems with him going back to do what he had always dreamt of. She would just support him no matter what. Secondly, through a connection with his friend who was working in the industry, Luhan seek for his help to ignite a rumor, a good one for him, to be exact, that was why he had been trying to keep Jinah from seeing, hearing and reading news about the entertainment industry.

He wouldn’t want her to find out that he was the one who started the rumors that they were going to get married, didn’t he?

After all, it was meant to be a surprise. It’s funny how it seemed like the whole world knew about Luhan’s plan, but only Jinah didn’t. Luhan had contacted Xinyi and Linfeng to help him out. The two ecstatic women were more than happy to help Luhan.

Just when he thought his career would be over, he was wrong. Fate had other plans for him. After all, fate wasn’t cruel for Luhan and Jinah.

Kevin was a hindrance for Luhan. He was his only problem now. If only the problem with Kevin was out of the way, Luhan would have already started planning the wedding. He needed to find him fast because it wouldn’t be long until Jinah finds out about Luhan’s plan. He couldn’t keep her away from entertainment news forever.

A cry from the bedroom erupted, stealing Luhan’s attention. Luhan sighed, a little bit tired of lulling his little princess to sleep. Jinah had gone out to buy groceries for a while despite Luhan’s protest of keeping her home. Luhan carried Hana into his arms as he lightly patted her chest and shushing her to keep quiet, however, Hana didn’t want to listen to him. He then grabbed the bottle of milk on the night stand and fed Hana which to his luck was the solution to keep her quiet.

“Don’t cry anymore, okay? Your mom will kill me if she comes home to you crying,” Luhan coaxed Hana.

Right then, the door opened with Jinah carrying bags of groceries. Luhan poked his head from the room and smiled at her.

“How is being alone with Hana for 2 hours?” Jinah asked.

Luhan sulked and walked out of the room. Jinah smiled a little, still not used to seeing Luhan being a responsible father.

“How can a baby cry so much?” Luhan asked, earning a laugh from Jinah.

Jinah kissed Luhan on his cheeks and then kissed Hana on her forehead. “I don’t know. Maybe she just doesn’t like you. Hana loves her mommy more than her daddy,” Jinah teased, earning a snort of disapproval from Luhan.

“You wish.”

The doorbell suddenly rang and the two of them looked at each other. “Who can it be?” Jinah asked and Luhan shrugged, but he knew who it could be. He walked to the door to check the monitor who it was and smiled widely when he saw his parents on the screen. Jinah opened the door with no hesitation and was welcomed by a hug from Luhan’s parents.

“Welcome to Korea, auntie and uncle,” Jinah greeted. “How was your flight?”

“It was alright. We were so excited to see our granddaughter,” Mrs. Lu replied. “Can I hold her?”

Luhan gave Hana to her mother and held her as if Hana were hers. It was the look that Jinah gave Hana when she first held her.

“Pa, let me help you with your luggage,” Luhan offered as the two men went to the guest room to put down their things.

“She looks like you, Jinah. Only her lips are similar to Luhan’s.” Mrs. Lu chuckled. “She’s just so beautiful and tiny.”

Jinah laughed as she remembered that Luhan said the same thing, too. “I guess she is because that’s what Luhan said, too.”

“Really?” Jinah nodded as Mrs. Lu continued, “Thank you, Jinah, for giving Luhan another chance.” There were more words that Mrs. Lu wanted to add, but the look on Jinah’s eyes told her that she didn’t have to continue anymore. She knew more than enough, and she thought that an endless ‘thank you’ wasn’t needed. She was satisfied with what she had, and some things were meant to forget and be buried in the past.

-

Since the news

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter