Locked Emotions

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months of thorough thinking wasn’t enough for Jinah. It was as if time couldn’t heal her. Time didn’t give her any solution for her problem because no matter how long it had been or it would be, she needed Luhan and to hear what he had to say.

Even in his confused and unsure state, she made a decision – a decision that she might regret sooner or later or the decision that would free her and give her a whole new meaning to live life like how she should.

One thing for sure, as of now she wasn’t that happy with her decision. As much as she wanted to convince herself that she was happy or to even make herself happy, she knew she wasn’t and she wouldn’t be anytime soon.

“Just think about it, Ji. Luhan is a singer, an icon. What is going to happen if the people find out that he got a girl pregnant? His life, not just his career, depends on his fans. His fans can mob him and his family anytime, and that would just lead to danger. Just think about the people that are important to him, Jinah. What if his fans get too crazy and decided to attack his loved ones? What would he feel? Do you think his conscience would be at peace? Do you –“ Kevin stopped talking when he realized that Jinah wasn’t responding nor reacting. If that was Jinah months ago, she would have been shaken or already crying. Now, her emotions were locked up.

Kevin never stopped manipulating Jinah. Jinah, being the soft-hearted one, couldn’t help but believe in Kevin. After all, she had always put others on top of her. She was selfless.

Kevin never found out that Youngho told Jinah everything. Jinah didn’t want to tell Kevin what she knew because she was afraid of Youngho’s safety. Kevin was capable of anything. Jinah wanted to keep Youngho alive, not just because he helped her, but also because he was just another person who was born in this world for a reason. She didn’t want to decide on anyone’s life – which was ironic because she was now deciding on Minah’s life.

“What do you think I’m doing now?” Jinah asked in a soft voice void of any emotions. She looked at Kevin with unreadable eyes. “Isn’t this enough?”

Kevin was shocked at her tone. He never thought it would last that long. He thought it would only last for a few days or few weeks, but from what he could see, Jinah was locked in her own world. She wouldn’t smile and cry anymore. She had become lifeless and dull, the total opposite of what she used to be.

“I’m just –“

“I’m going to sleep,” Jinah said and closed her bedroom door.

Kevin was happy that Jinah chose not to go back to Luhan, but Jinah’s silence and dullness were killing him. He didn’t want Jinah to turn out like that. He was hoping that once Jinah chose to stay on his side, she would start a whole new life with him, and to even try to find her happiness again, but no, she was nowhere near happy. Even when her baby kicked in her stomach, she would only smile faintly for a split second when she used to giggle and whenever her baby kicked.

Unbeknownst to them, Luhan was on the verge of forgetting Jinah. Unlike Jinah, who was manipulated to forget Luhan and hate him, no one manipulated Luhan. It was his own choice to move on and forget about her. As much as it hurt him to just bury Jinah on his past, he couldn’t just live on trying to find someone who had no intention of showing up or coming back to him.

It would be an obvious lie to say that Jinah never wanted to come back to Luhan. Every single day, she was craving for him, wishing he would miraculously find out why she was staying away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter