Forgotten Birthday

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘No, don’t remind of what happened when Luhan stayed over at my house. He slept in the other room that was previously my parents’ room and Xinyi slept over, too, but in my room with me.’

To their luck, Luhan became busy and they didn’t see each other for a few days. Jinah, on the other hand, was busy finding out what Youngho was up to. She hadn’t seen him in a while and honestly, she was getting a little bit curious on what he was planning.

She was so busy thinking about the probabilities that he didn’t realize it was already her special day. Kevin was the first one to greet her with a text message. Xinyi and her sister, door crashed at her apartment and surprised her with a small cake. She wanted to spend it with The Reds, but she had plans for today. Luhan had promised her that they would spend her birthday together.

She remembered when he asked her when her birthday was and after he told him, he already booked her. He told her that he would celebrate with her and it would be just the two of them. He said he didn’t want any disturbances. The mere thought made her smile and made her heart flutter in anticipation.

She looked at the clock and it was already 9 in the morning. None of the EXO guys, not even Luhan greeted her. She shrugged, thinking they were just busy or maybe even planning a surprise for her. ‘Stop getting your hopes up high, Jinah,’ she thought.

Her phone vibrated and she thought it was Luhan, but it was Youngho. Even though Youngho didn’t want to tell her anything, she was still happy that he remembered her birthday.

Sitting at home for a few more hours, she sighed restlessly. Still no messages from Luhan. ‘What if Luhan forgot that it’s my birthday? No. Think positively…’

-

It had been a long day for Luhan and the boys. They had been practicing the whole day. Somehow, they had gotten used to that routine. After all, their hard work always paid off.

Resting a little, his mind drifted again to that certain person. He smiled to himself and texted her telling her to come over since by the time she reached there, their practice would be over. Just a few seconds after he sent her the text, she already told her that she would come.

“You’re really weird. Smiling all by yourself,” Jongdae teased and Luhan rolled his eyes at him. He knew why he was smiling.

“Must be Yeon Ah,” Minseok said.

Luhan furrowed his brows a little. He pressed his lips in a firm line and looked at him. “It’s Jinah.”

“Oh,” was all Minseok managed to mutter.

The practice room’s door suddenly opened and Luhan thought, ‘But I just sent a text to Jinah. She can’t be here this fast.’ Just when he thought it was Jinah, Yeon Ah came inside and smiled at them.

“Oh, what brings the precious Yeon Ah here?” Chanyeol teased and Yeon Ah made a face at him.

Luhan totally didn’t expect Yeon Ah’s sudden appearance. Now then he thought of it, he hadn’t been thinking of Yeon Ah lately. The spark wasn’t the same anymore. He felt happy that Yeon Ah was there, but it wasn’t how it used to be.

“Since I will be away on my birthday next week, I decided to have a mini party and invite you guys personally –“

“Sorry, Yeon Ah, but I called Jinah and we’re planning to go out,” Luhan explained. He really felt bad for indirectly rejecting Yeon Ah’s invitation, but he already called Jinah and he had no plans on leaving her because… he… didn’t know why…

The door opened again and this time, it was Jinah. She looked extra beautiful today. He didn’t really see her dress up and fix her hair and face, but today she did. Her hair was in a loose bun, a light make up and wearing a short, haltered black chiffon dress. She looked like as if she was going on a date.

She waved at them and the guys greeted her warmly. She was surprised to see Yeon Ah and they immediately hugged each other.

“Were you on a date or did you go on a date?” Jongin asked Jinah. For a moment, her smile faded and was replaced by a forced one.

“I… Uh… Do I look weird? Am I overdressed?” she asked, but deep inside her, she was thinking ‘Did they forget my birthday?’

“No. We’re just surprised to see you prepped up when there’s no event. You only usually dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter