Kevin's Secret

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngho had been in the hospital for a week now. The doctors said that he was lucky to have survived such a fatal shot. It was some kind of relief, but Jinah still felt uneasy as he wasn’t awake yet.

Jinah and Kevin took turns on looking after Youngho. Mostly, it would be Kevin since Jinah needed to rest at home due to her pregnancy. Worry didn’t leave her. She had become more paranoid ever since Youngho had been shot.

She wasn’t stupid. She knew that something was going on between Kevin and Youngho. Even though Youngho never got to finish what he was going to tell Jinah, it was enough for her to catch up on his hints that Kevin was far more dangerous than she had ever imagined.

She didn’t show Kevin that she had been watching him secretly for any suspicious acts. She just hoped that he wouldn’t notice her acting a little bit strange.

'I can always use the ‘pregnancy symptoms’ excuse if ever he gets suspicious of my acts anyway.'

However, she didn’t see anything questionable about him except for his kind and gentleman acts that she grew to know. It was leading her nowhere. Now, she was just waiting for Youngho to wake up, so she could find out what was really happening.

Jinah was in the hospital again, visiting Youngho. Kevin was working and when Jinah thought about it, she felt burdened. Although she has saved enough money for her to survive for the next year or so, Kevin refused to let her pay for anything. It was as if he was the bread winner in the family that consisted of Jinah and the unborn baby, Minah.

She was standing in front of the vending machine, getting a drink for herself. While choosing a drink, she heard familiar voices. It was so familiar that it scared her because the voice was so sweet and so soft – definitions of a voice of a certain someone that she is trying to forget; that someone who had hurt her so much that it left her deeply scarred.

She heard coughing and groans. “I think you should stay in the hospital. Your condition is just getting worse,” a deep voice said, the tinge of worry evident in his voice. Jinah’s eyes widened when she realized the deep voice belonged to Park Chanyeol.

“Luhan,” another voice called. She was sure that it came from none other than Zitao. That was when she forgot how to move. All her bottled feelings were threatening to come up. She was slightly shivering as she tried to conceal her anger and tears. She felt disgusted at herself for feeling pain. She just wanted to feel nothing but anger towards Luhan, but she couldn’t.

Who was she kidding? It hadn’t been that long.

Who was she kidding? She still loved him.

'What are they doing all the way here in Gyeonggi-do?!'

She didn’t want to look behind her because she didn’t want to take even the slightest risk of getting recognized. From the plastic cover of the vending machine, she tried to see any reflection. Ironically, she didn’t want to see Luhan, but she was hoping to see even just his shadow. And she saw his reflection – head hung low, legs parted with his forearms on top of each leg and hands clasped together.

Her eyes were glued on the reflection. Her body, mind and heart were telling her to turn around, but her stubbornness and pride wouldn’t let her which she was really thankful for.

“Kim Ji Hoon,” a nurse called and Luhan rose up from his seat. Jinah wasn’t surprised that Luhan had used another name. It was pretty normal for artists to hide under another name, especially when they were in public.

She watched him turn his back and leave. When he had completely turned around, that was when she did a 180◦ turn. She watched his figure become smaller until he entered a room. A single tear escaped from her eye; that was when she realized that no matter how angry you are at the person, if you love him, love will still top it all.

She was really worried about him. Luhan never got sick. When he got sick, it would be really bad.

“Excuse me, are you going to get your drink?” the person in the queue asked innocently. Jinah stared at her for a few seconds, trying to process

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter