Alone

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is more of tying my foot into a grave stone than being in a fake relationship. Which fake relationship have these many rules and punishments? This is absurd!” Never had she imagined that the whole fake relationship act would be that crazy. She whined over the phone again to Xinyi who was helplessly listening to her for the past hour.

“Look, we told you how troublesome and crazy it might be once you agree on this. Don’t tell us that we didn’t warn you, Ji. Even if I were in your shoes, I would say no. I didn’t know you’re this crazily in love with Luhan for you go through all these things.”

She slightly pouted as her words made some sense into her now messed up mind. ‘She’s right.’ She sighed and leaned on the wall. She still had a date to attend with Luhan for publicity that hopefully would not turn into a nightmare.

She asked Xinyi to drive her to the place where she would be meeting Luhan. Due to his busy schedule, he couldn’t fetch her from her apartment, and they decided to meet each other halfway. To be honest, she was nervous to death because she was scared of the public’s reaction. What if they just suddenly attack her?

“Woman, stop fidgeting! I’m still not used to driving like you. Every move distracts me, and you’re distracting me!” Xinyi scolded her for ‘trying to find a comfortable seating style’ and for biting her nails.

“Sorry,” she muttered and smiled sheepishly. She heard her sigh and she said, “Hate to burst your bubble, but it’s not a real date unless Luhan does it properly – looking intensely at you while holding your hands and saying ‘I love you’ sincerely without saying afterwards that he’s just practicing for his proposal to Yeon Ah unnie.”

Jinah rolled her eyes at Xinyi. ‘It’s true anyway, but why can’t this girl just let me be happy even for a second? I’m living my dream and that dream is to go out on a date with Luhan. Well, it’s not a real date, but I’ll let it pass.’

Soon, they arrived at a small, but luxurious café and Xinyi decided to accompany her while waiting for Luhan. “I know this would annoy you more, but… how do I look? Decent enough to go on a date?”

“Decent enough to go on a date?” Xinyi mimicked her voice and added, “Or decent enough for Luhan’s eyes?” she ended her question with a playful smirk and Jinah looked away, feeling embarrassed.

She chuckled and said, “Don’t worry, you look fine. Anyway, where is he? Isn’t he supposed to be here half an hour ago?” They arrived fifteen minutes late, but Luhan told her he would arrive early since their practice ended pretty early today.

Jinah shrugged her shoulders and looked at her phone. She was thinking of calling him, but she didn’t want to sound and look annoying to him. “Traffic maybe?”

Xinyi nodded and took another sip from her drink. “Could be. Seoul’s traffic is a killer.”

Half an hour had gone by and she sighed. She was really impatient because every second felt like an hour to her because of her nervousness. She sent him a text asking where he was and prayed that he was not suddenly cancelling on her.

Ten more minutes passed by, Xinyi decided to leave as her sister was asking for her help at work. She looked soullessly at the street through the window. Wild and crazy thoughts were filling her mind on why Luhan wasn’t there yet.

Suddenly, her phone rang and she immediately grabbed it from her purse. Her heart leapt when she saw Luhan’s name on the screen. Without wasting any more second, she answered the call.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter