Lost

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Luhan,” Minseok called the lifeless man in front of him. Luhan’s eyes looked unusually empty and lost. His brows were slightly furrowed, and his eyes reflected no life. Eye bags and dark circles reflected what he had been doing for the past few nights – crying.

Luhan just sighed. He just didn’t want to talk to anyone. Only Jinah could bring back the life in him, but Jinah was missing. She had gone somewhere where he couldn’t reach her. Her phone had been turned off, her apartment’s passcode changed, and even her friends couldn’t be reached. He was so desperate to find her, but his schedule was making it worse than it already was.

A cough escaped from his lips, making his head and chest hurt more. “Take a rest, hyung. Jinah’s not going to contact you if you’re like that. Do you think she wants to see you killing yourself this way?” Sehun said, and tears started to cloud Luhan’s eyes. They had been avoiding mentioning Jinah’s name for Luhan’s sake. He was too sensitive at the moment.

“This is worse than going through a break up,” Luhan said softly. The pain inside him was inflicted on his face, words and actions.

“Why don’t you just let her go?” Kyungsoo asked softly, a little bit irritated at the way Luhan is acting. He didn’t mean for Luhan to hear it, but Luhan heard it loud and clear. Luhan’s eyes twitched in anger, and he gritted his teeth. His clasp on his phone hardened and he glared at Kyungsoo, as if he could murder him with his eyes.

“You don’t know anything, so just shut your mouth if you have nothing better to say,” Luhan said in a hard, cold tone.

“Luhan hyung,” Junmyeon called in a warning and scolding tone, knowing that a fight might erupt between the two.

Kyungsoo wasn’t fazed by Luhan’s seething anger. “What I’m saying is way better than you – acting like a girl who got dumped by her cheating boyfriend.” Luhan abruptly stood and grabbed Kyungsoo’s collar. “What? What do you want to do? Punch me? Go on then!” he shouted. The guys tried to pry the two away, but Luhan’s hold onto Kyungsoo’s shirt is so strong that his knuckles had turned white. “Get your head straight, hyung. Jinah is just another girl and you are not meant for each other. She will find another guy and –“ The moment Kyungsoo said the last few words, Luhan’s fist came in contact with Kyungsoo’s jaw.

“Luhan!” the other guys shouted, but Luhan’s tight, angry stare never left. The boiling anger inside him just rose up more. Kyungsoo huffed and gave Luhan a disappointed and disgusted look.

“I know what you’re feeling right now, but think about it. Jinah is not the only girl in this world. You are still young and you will meet other girls. Do you think after what happened she will still come back to you?” Minseok asked. Luhan looked at him in astonishment. “Of all people, Minseok, you are the last person that I’m expecting to hear that from,” Luhan stated.

“Because you need someone to slap the truth in your face,” Kyungsoo added.

“That’s enough!” Junmyeon shouted, not wanting to make things worse between the guys. “Kyungsoo, leave with the others first,” he instructed and they followed willingly.

“After all the care and love Jinah showed us all, this is how you’re going to talk behind her back? Is that it?” Luhan asked before the other guys could reach the door.

“No one’s talking bad about her. It’s just you’re sake we’re worried about, and we’re just talking about reality, Luhan,” Minseok said and they left with the other guys.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter