Portrayed Beauty

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As she fluttered her eyes open, she heaved a heavy sigh, remembering that Luhan lied to her. ‘Why did he have to lie about meeting Yeon Ah unnie?’ If they wanted to meet or go out as friends, she wouldn’t mind. She wouldn’t hinder him from living his normal life and meeting his friends just because of her insecurities.

She checked her phone and pressed her lips in a thin line when she saw no messages from Luhan. Normally, he would message her the moment he woke up. 10 a.m., the clock read. He should be awake by now. His rehearsal started at 9 a.m. today. She sighed and cheered herself mentally. She decided to visit Luhan later at the studio. For now, she would catch up with her best friend that she hadn’t seen for ages – Kevin.

-

Jinah was already in front of the restaurant, waiting for Kevin. She was too early since she had nothing to do at home and left early. Deciding she didn’t want to stay inside the restaurant for more than half an hour and rush Kevin to come, she took a stroll at the nearby shops. Her heart was beating fast, still afraid of how she was terrorized by Luhan’s sasaeng fans last time.

A particular shop caught her attention. It was a dreamcatcher shop. A sudden feeling of nostalgia washed through her. She remembered the days when she would buy dreamcatchers from small to big, plain to colorful and cheap to expensive. She was a er for dreamcatchers. It was her first collection that started when she was just 8 years old. She always believed that dreamcatchers would take away the bad dreams. It was a silly belief, but there was no harm in being a child again once in a while. Holding onto something that brings you back your childhood feels refreshing sometimes. For some weird reasons, it helped her feel worry-free and relaxed at times where she just needed to clear her head.

Going inside the shop, a smile instantly appeared on her face. If she could buy everything in that shop, she would probably do it. It was such a tantalizing sight. Various colors, designs and sizes filled the shop. It was so beautiful that she was captivated by its beauty. Not minding the other people in the shop, she accidentally bumped into someone.

“I’m sorry – Youngho?” She blinked one more time, surprised to see the tough, brutal and vulgar guy she used to know in a shop filled with cuteness and colors.

She was expecting him to be surprised to see me – maybe he was – but his facial expression told her otherwise. “Do you still remember when I gave you a dreamcatcher for your birthday? That was your first birthday with us. You were just fifteen.”

Lately, he had been doing a lot of reminiscing which bothered her. ‘What is the real reason why he’s become so soft?’

She didn’t know how to answer him. A part of her just wanted to listen more to what he had to say. He also held the answers to the questions in her head. For sure he knew a lot of things that she didn’t. Somehow, she was scared to know the things that she didn’t know yet. ‘Am I ready? Will I ever be ready?’

“Have you ever wished that the dreamcatcher wouldn’t only take your bad dreams away, but also bad memories?” he asked, his gaze averted to the dreamcatcher nearest to him. “It’s beautiful,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter