Crumbling Walls

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What did you name our baby?” Luhan asked boldly as he cuddled with Jinah. They were in a hotel where the two of them could enjoy their privacy and talk about everything. However, Luhan didn’t want to talk about everything.

Jinah felt uncomfortable about talking to Luhan casually. She knew there were so many important things to talk about, but seeing Luhan’s state, she knew better than to stress him out again. His face looked sick and tired. Although he wasn’t showing any signs of sadness and depression, Jinah knew that that wasn’t the case.

When Luhan called it ‘their’ baby, she felt a weird feeling in her stomach. It wasn’t a bad one. She knew it was a good feeling – a feeling she could only experience with Luhan.

“Minah,” she answered quietly.

Luhan raised an eyebrow and continued rubbing Jinah’s stomach. “So you decided to name her after you? What about me? I’m the father!” he whined childishly. “How about Han… Hana? ‘Han’ from Luhan and ‘Na’ from Jinah. Hana would be good!” he cheered in triumph at the name he came up with.

Jinah gave him a funny look and remained silent. She was thinking about his suggestion. “But I’ve been calling her Minah for a long time now. Won’t she get confused when she gets born?”

Luhan bit back his laugh. He couldn’t believe how innocent and naïve Jinah was after everything that had happened. He had the big urge to and make fun of her, but annoying a pregnant woman was a big no-no for him. “No, that wouldn’t happen. Let’s just name her Lu Hana, okay?”

Luhan was hugging Jinah from behind while lying on the bed. Jinah’s head was on top of Luhan’s arm while Luhan’s other arm never stopped making random shapes on Jinah’s stomack. Jinah was in bliss with Luhan.

“What’s with the ‘Lu’?” Jinah asked. “We can’t name her after you when we’re not married. She had to be named after me.”

Luhan kept quiet. For the first time that day, he thanked Jinah’s naivety.

-

For the past few days, Luhan and Jinah had been staying at the hotel. It surprised Jinah that Luhan was able to rest for 3 straight days without being called back to the company. Luhan had been trying his best to fix all the mess that he was in – Kevin, Jinah’s parents and his career.

Luhan walked in the suite hotel room with food in hand. He found Jinah’s weird cravings cute and he never complained about it once. After all, he wasn’t there when Jinah was suffering from the first few stages of pregnancy. He was just making up for it and fulfilling his duties as a boyfriend and as Hana’s father.

“Here’s the roasted duck that you wanted.” Luhan laid the container on the small table and searched for Jinah by looking around. “Jinah?” he called. He heard the bathroom door open and motioned for her to come to him.

Jinah would usually beam whenever she got what she wanted, but not this time because… “I kind of changed my mind,” she mumbled and scratched her head. “I’m not that hungry anymore. Can I eat that later?” she asked cutely.

Luhan turned around and circled his arms around her waist. “You have to eat now. It’s already lunch time.” He kissed Jinah’s forehead and run his hands up and down her back. “Go, take a seat.” Jinah pouted and sat down unwillingly.

“What did you buy for yourself?” she asked. She opened Luhan’s container and her eyes twinkled when she saw the cold noodle soup. She looked at Luhan and Luhan knew what th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter