Yeon Ah's Secret

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congratulations! You are 12 weeks pregnant,” the doctor congratulated her. Jinah looked at the black and white screen showing a tiny living creature. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing. She iwa carrying a baby. It was so beautiful and magical for her that a life was formed in her very own body. But fear crawled into her skin. How was she supposed to tell Luhan? Would it be better if she tell him? If so, what good would it cause them?

“But why wasn’t I having symptoms during the early stages?” she asked in a soft voice.

“It doesn’t necessarily have to be that way. It’s just a common sign for pregnant women to be dizzy, throw up and faint during the early weeks, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it applies to all pregnant women. For some, they only experience pregnancy symptoms after their first trimester or after their second trimester. Some women doesn’t even have pregnancy symptoms during the whole pregnancy,” the doctor explained to her. He studied her for a while and said, “I don’t want to sound like I’m interfering with your business, but the baby doesn’t look like it was planned.” Jinah nodded. “Don’t worry, I have witnessed a lot of this case before. The best thing to do is to go to classes for expectant parents so you will know what to do in the future,” the doctor advised her. With so much hesitance, Jinah nodded.

She hadn’t made up with Luhan. The fact that he caused her parents’ death was put on the back of her head. For now, the fact that she was pregnant was her main priority and main concern.

-

Luhan was in his company’s practice room. He was sitting down on the floor, staring at his phone again. He was so pitiful that the other guys didn’t want to look at him anymore as it broke their hearts, too. They have tried reaching Jinah, but to no avail.

“Luhan?” If that was 3 months ago, his heart would leap in happiness at the owner of the voice. Now, all he felt was guilt and so much hate for agreeing to her wishes. He looked at Yeon Ah with soulless eyes. Yeon Ah was slightly taken aback at his gaze that used to be so bright and loving.

“We need to talk,” Luhan said. Yeon Ah’s heart felt like breaking. She knew it only meant one thing. She tried to control her tears and meekly nodded. Luhan stood up, and Yeon Ah followed him to where they can talk privately.

They opened an unused room and Luhan sat in front of the piano. Yeon Ah was standing behind him, afraid of what he was about to say.

“You know that my feelings for you had been long gone, am I right?” Luhan asked. Yeon Ah felt like as if the ground beneath her had been shaken. She knew that for a long time now, but she just didn’t want to acknowledge it.

She had taken Luhan for granted. At first, she felt nothing towards him but a love for a sibling, that’s why she just treated him like how she treated the others around her. She didn’t want to tell him to stop loving her because she didn’t want to lose Luhan. He was precious to her, that’s why without really meaning it, she asked Luhan to prove that he can be a boyfriend that she would want.

 

“How about you prove to me that you can be a boyfriend that I would want?”

“But how? What do you want me to do?”

Yeon Ah’s eyes wandered around. They were in Seoul Dance Studio that time. Her eyes landed on one person that she knew never had a boyfriend. A person that she thinks would easily forgive her for using her.

“Make Jinah fall in love with you. Be a good boyfriend to her. Treat her as if she was me.”

 

“And you know that from the very start of my real, serious relationship with Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter