Presence

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s do one more round and we’re done for the day,” Junmyeon said as the panting boys tried to catch their breaths.

It was almost midnight and oddly, Jinah and her friends weren’t there. It was odd because at least a few of them would be at the studio every single day. There was never a day that they didn’t go to the studio.

Jinah’s frequent absence made Luhan feel uncomfortable. There was this unsettling feeling about her absence that made him lose focus on everything. He had been scolded by Junmyeon and the choreographer a lot today.

He sent a text to Jinah to remind her of the party later and he never got a reply. He sighed desperately as he saw no replies from her even after they already finished their practice.

“Don’t you think it’s a little strange that we haven’t seen them for a few straight days now?” So, he wasn’t the only one who noticed as Baekhyun asked.

“Maybe they moved to another studio?” Chanyeol asked.

“Unlikely. This studio is their fortress and as far as I remember, they contributed a lot to keep this studio and they’re even the ones who bought the projector,” Baekhyun answered as he pointed at the projector on the ceiling.

Luhan remembered those days where they would connect their phones or laptop to the projector and play embarrassing videos. They seemed so carefree and really happy whenever they see those videos. It was like as if they have nothing to worry about.

“What’s with the face? You seem so restless,” Yifan asked as Luhan finished gobbling the bottle of water.

As an answer, Luhan shook his head, not wanting to stress about their absence more and headed out of the room along with the other guys. As some of them already left, they were able to fit in their new van. Their manager was still in the toilet and they were waiting inside when they noticed a head turner red sports car park beside them. It was rare to see an unfamiliar car to park there. Luhan never saw any car beside their van and The Reds’ cars park there.

“Whoa. That car is so y.”

They were looking at the car and continued watching it until the passenger’s door opened.

‘Jinah?’

Luhan looked at her more carefully, but she was wearing a cap and a mask. He couldn’t confirm if it was her, but the way she walked and her back and side profile were unmistakably Jinah’s.

“Is that Jinah?” Baekhyun asked and leaned in closer to the window.

Their window was slightly rolled down enough to hear the noises outside, but not enough for their faces to be seen.

The mysterious girl went to take something from the other side of the car as the guy helped him. The guy was unfamiliar to him, so they just watched them intently.

“Jinah!” a guy who ran to her side shouted.

‘So, it really is Jinah. If she can pick up calls from other people, why can’t she answer a simple text?’

He was talking softly to her and Luhan couldn’t hear anything he was saying. He wanted to see Jinah’s face, but it was covered.

When the guy was gone, she removed her cap and mask and clenched her fists. He could see her grit her teeth and the light that was hitting her face showed her teary eyes. Suddenly, it was as if the questions from the guys faded. He couldn’t hear anything. He could only see her. He never saw her so distressed like that before. He had this urge to come out from the car and comfort her, but something just stopped him that made him sat frozen in his place.

After a few seconds, she continued taking the items from the car which looked like punching and kicking bags and brought them inside. Not long after, their manager came and started the car.

“Hyung, did you talk to Jinah?” Jongdae asked and their manager looked at him in confusion.

“Jinah? Was she there?” their manager asked.

“Never mind. Maybe she was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter