Test Result

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan sent in the 15th text to Jinah. He was begging to see her, explain and apologize, but due to his hectic schedule, he didn’t have much free time to spare. Whenever he could, he would knock on her door, hoping that she would open or even answer through the door. He could just open the door since he knew her password, but he respected her privacy and personal space. Soon, he might just cross the line in desperation.

“Take a break. You guys worked hard. But be back at the dorm early. We have a schedule at 7 in the morning tomorrow,” their manager said and the boys slumped on the floor in relief.

Luhan didn’t think twice, and stuffed his things in his bag. When he finished packing, he looked at his friends with a sheepish smile. Sehun sighed and shook his head. “Better make this worth it because if not for Jinah, I’m not going to take your bag back to the dorm.” Luhan patted his shoulder and muttered a ‘thank you’ before dashing to the door.

Sehun smiled pitifully at Luhan when he was out of his sight. “He loves her, doesn’t he?”

Kyungsoo plopped on the couch beside Sehun. “Doesn’t take a genius to know. I just hope Jinah will forgive him. I mean, it’s not something easy to accept, but Luhan’s love for her is pure and strong. Even stronger than his love for Yeon Ah.”

At the mention of the name, they guys looked at each other worriedly. Some of them tensed and some of them had disapproved Luhan and Yeon Ah’s deal from the very beginning. “Luhan really has his stupid sides. Sometimes it’s too stupid that he puts himself at risk,” Yifan commented.

“I know that he should pay for his mistakes, but don’t you think this is a little bit too much?” Chanyeol asked.

Minseok, however, went against him. “Because what he did is actually a little bit too much. Okay, it’s true that Jinah’s parents’ death was an accident, but the deal he had with Yeon Ah is nothing but a stupid, childish, lame manipulation of heart.” They kept quiet after Minseok answered because they all knew that what he said was true.

-

“Jinah?” Luhan softly called from the door and knocked. Like expected, there was no response. He sighed, and slumped at the door with his back making contact with the door. He was embraced with silence. He couldn’t hear anything, but his own breathing. He was thinking of how he could make it up to her and get her forgiveness. He himself knew that any sane person would not be able to get over something as tragic as that quickly. Worse, a normal person might not even forgive such a person. He was thinking about their relationship, how he would save it. As absurd as it may sound, he was still hoping that she would come back to his arms and will start anew with him. His reverie was broken when he heard a loud thud. He quickly got up from his seat and stared at the door worriedly. “Jinah, open up.” He knocked, but there was no answer. He was getting scared, so he just punched in the code and opened the door.

The unit was exactly how it looked like the last time he had been there. Everything was the same, but this time there was no Jinah running to him with a big hug. There was no Jinah to welcome him. He quickly looked at the living room, but it was empty. He went to the dining room where he saw Jinah on the ground, clutching her head. “Jinah, what happened?” Luhan asked. Jinah looked at him in a daze for a few seconds. When she recognized who was holding her, she weakly pushed him away, but her weak state made it worse for her. Luhan carried her without hesitation and brought her to her room. He laid her down ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter