Letter

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: Read A/N below.

Jinah woke up with a throbbing headache and dizziness. She clutched her head and ran into the bathroom as she suddenly felt the urge to throw up. She held the sink tightly as the sickening feeling flooded her body. She stayed there for a few more minutes until she felt better. She washed her face and checked her forehead to see if she has a fever. She sighed when she confirmed that she wasn’t having fever, but the fact that she had been throwing up a lot lately made her nervous. Going to the hospital had never been an option for her. Well, not until she'd vomit blood and faints. 'Damn, body. When did you become so weak?'

She forced a smile as she realized it was already past 9. For the past few days, she hadn’t been going to her work. How was she supposed to go to work when as if a bolt of lightning came from the sky and struck her hard? She blinked away the tears that accumulated and stripped herself in the bathroom to take a bath. She noticed how her body had changed and she was growing more annoyed every time she sees her body, especially her tummy. 'I should go back to dancing soon. My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. I’m getting really unfit.'

After she took a bath, she tried her best to conceal the puffiness of her eyes, but the uneven lines on her eyes made it really obvious that she cried all night. 'A pair of aviators will do.' She took her things and most importantly, her resignation letter.

When she opened the door, she saw a letter fall from being stuck in the gap on the side of the door. She opened the letter and read the first few lines. As soon as she read the ‘Jinah, please don’t throw this away. Just listen to what I have to say. Please.’ she immediately crumpled the paper, but didn’t throw it away. She just didn’t have the heart to treat anything Luhan had given her or anything that reminds her of Luhan like trash. After all, she still loved Luhan even if she wanted him locked up in jail. She sighed and threw it inside her bag. She walked in the car park and got in her car. She drove to her work place, ready to bid the company she loved goodbye.

The receptionists greeted her the moment they saw her. Like the usual, she greeted them back, but this time, with smaller smile. Smile seemed so expensive for her now. She couldn’t afford it. How was she supposed to smile when the free, best things in her life had caused her so much tears? If she couldn’t find happiness now in things such as love and friendship which were free, what did she have to sacrifice in order to be happy again? What was she supposed to give up for the price of being happy? When and what could be the reason again of her happiness in the future?

“Jinah-ssi! Oh my goodness, what happened to you? Why weren’t you answering our calls and messages? We were so worried about you! I’m glad you decided to go back to work today.” One of her seniors held her hand as she was truly worried about Jinah. When she noticed Jinah not meeting her gaze, she became confused. “What’s… wrong?” she asked softly.

Still not meeting her eyes, Jinah answered, “I’m here to meet the department head. I’m sorry, unnie.” Jinah ignored her senior’s calls and walked to department head’s table. As she walked past her colleagues, she could hear murmurs and could feel the stares she was getting. It wasn’t a bad one, it was just because they were worried and curious on what happened to her.

“Jinah-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter