Missed

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been weeks since Luhan last saw Jinah. He wondered how she was doing. There was never a day ever since the incident at the hospital that passed where he didn’t think of her. ‘Stupid schedule. Why must you be so hectic?’ He sighed once again and rolled on his stomach.

“That was like… uh… the twentieth time you sighed just this hour alone?” Jongdae said in an obvious tone and Luhan threw his pillow at him. “Shut up, Jongdae. You’re not helping at all.” Luhan took the pillow beneath him and put it on top of his head to cover his face.

“So, what is getting EXO’s pretty boy all worried about?” Luhan heard his voice despite trying to block the whole world from him by the pillow.

He hesitated for a moment if he should tell him or not. He didn’t want him to get the wrong idea, but Jongdae was someone he could trust with secrets no matter how much of a goof he was.

‘This man right here is one of the most passionate people ever and the type of person that helps behind your back without expecting something in return. In conclusion, I can trust him, although I know that he might tease me about it from time to time.’

Luhan got up from the bed and looked at him helplessly. “You know, it feels really weird not receiving any messages from Jinah. I know she’s busy, but she used to have time for me. Even if I message her first, she would always answer with conversation-ender answers. She’s acting a little bit cold towards me. Didn’t you notice that?”

He tilted his head and tapped his chin using his index finger. “I’m not as close to Jinah as the maknaes and you, but I think it is a little weird that she’s always trying to end conversations with you and not even starting one. I saw the other day that Jongin was messaging her. Maybe you should ask the maknaes.”

Wasting no more time, Luhan shouted the maknaes’ names when he got out of his bedroom, “Sehun, Jongin!” The other guys looked at him in surprise and he quickly dismissed their ‘is-he-out-of-his-mind look’.

“Kitchen!” Sehun answered and Luhan went there instantly, where to his luck, Jongin was, too. “Can I borrow your phone? Yours too, Jongin.”

The two of them looked at each other before looking at him questioningly. “Why?”

Realizing how desperate he went and acted rashly, he owed them an explanation. “Jinah is acting like she doesn’t want to talk to me, but I heard from Jongdae that Jongin was messaging her the other day. That day, she didn’t reply me at all.”

A little smirk appeared on Jongin’s face and he shook his head. “What if she just doesn’t want to talk to you? Hyung, you need to let loose. Her world doesn’t revolve around you, you know?”

He knew where the conversation was going, but he had to endure with a little more although he might sound like a demanding and jealous prick. “I know that, but it’s just a little weird. It is so not like her to act cold all of a sudden.”

“You sound like as if you know her too well,” Sehun butted in.

“I might not know her that well, but she’s so easy to read,” Luhan answered.

Jongdae stepped in the middle of their little circle and said, “Actually, she is not. She might look like as if she is easy to read, but she is not. You have to look through her. She’s one complicated girl. You might think that you know her, but you actually don’t.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter