Reality

The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinah groaned upon finishing her presentation for the coming week. It was a big project she had been preparing for. She would be working as the team leader on a project in Beijing. Again. Her team would be designing a house for one of China’s richest people. Modern, simple and exquisite. They wanted to stand out and they would make it happen.

Working in Beijing was actually not a problem. She had an apartment and a car that the company had provided. The only thing that she did not like was being away from her friends and her favorite cousin, Junsu. The people there were friendly, but she would get too stressed out most of the time. They were really hardworking that it pressured her big time. Whenever she saw them doing some work while she was free, she would start to think, ‘Am I not hardworking enough? Should I offer them my help?’ These simple questions would run in her mind until she would get too pressured and will then decide to run through the piles of papers on her desk again.

‘Beijing oh Beijing, I will see you again in a few days.’

She got into her car and drove to the studio where The Reds were. The Reds consisted of eight people and truth be told, they were not active anymore. The only thing that kept them dancing was their special bond. Some of them already found jobs, and let the fact that they couldn’t keep on dancing and performing for the rest of their lives and that they needed to get a proper job, sunk in. It wasn’t that she didn’t think dancing is a proper job, it was just that it wasn’t their destiny, and they chose another path. Xinyi was in the designing world, Kevin was an engineer at her company, she was an architect, her not-so-baby-anymore cousin, Junho, was a trainee under SM Entertainment and the other four guys were back up dancers for entertainment companies.

Although they didn’t see each other anymore that often due to their hectic and different schedules, they made time for each other, especially when it came to special occasions like birthdays and the group’s anniversaries. If they were lucky, they would be together at times like today – all of them were free at night.

She got out of her car and parked it in front of the studio. She noticed two familiar cars parked beside each other and only one thing crossed her mind –

‘They are here.’

She grinned slightly at the thought and checked herself in the reflection of the studio’s window to see if she had a dirt on her face and nose or if her hair looked like a nest. Finally satisfied with herself, she keyed in the code to open the door and walked in.

One thing that they loved about the studio was that it was high-tech. Only the studio’s members knew the password. The studio was actually small and only had one big room to train at. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter