Chapter 2

Let's Play A Love Game

"Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend Crystal?" my mother asked. I sat down far away from Taehyung as possible. He sat down and looked at my mother pleased that she acknowledged him as my boyfriend.

"I didn't think it was important." I said. Taehyung faced me with a blank expression which made me turn away. What was he doing here? Why did he even come in? Why did my mother let him in?

"Crystal he's your boyfriend of course it's important. Tell me Taehyung how did you two meet?" I froze and looked at my mother. Was she seriously asking that question?

"Well we've known each other for a long time, but I didn't have the courage to ask Crystal to be my girlfriend. I didn't know her feelings and I was afraid I'd get rejected by her. I finally decided to ask her yesterday after school and she said yes." Taehyung looked at me and smiled. I rolled my eyes and looked away. Did he have to lie that deep to my mother? I got up and they both looked at me.

"I have to go change to go to work." I started walking to the stairs but my mother stopped me.

"Why doesn't your boyfriend walk you to work? I'm sure he doesn't mind." I turned around and faced my mother. What did she just say?

"I wouldn't mind at all. I want to make sure she gets to work safely." Taehyung looked at me and smiled. What did he say? I looked at both of them and quickly walked to my room. What was going on? Did Taehyung win my mother's approval that quickly?

                                                                                •                                •                               •

"Here you go ma'am." I gave the lady her latte as she paid me. I bowed quickly and put the money in the register. I handed her the change and she left. I grabbed a rag and tray to go clean a table that someone left their half empty drink. I put the coffee on the tray and cleaned the table. I picked up the tray and started walking to the register but stopped midway. I turned around and sighed.

"How much longer do you plan to stay here?" I asked. Taehyung leaned foreword and smiled at me. He stared at me for a long time before replying. I felt chills on my body and looked away.

"I don't know. I got some pretty decent pictures of you working." Taehyung showed me his phone and I leaned foreword. I had to grab the chair for reinforcement as I saw myself on his screen.

"How come you don't smile at me like you smile at your costumers?' he said to me. I stood their speechless not knowing what to say. He's been sitting here taking pictures of me?

"When are you leaving?" Taehyung leaned foreword and smiled at me. Then he faced his phone at me again and I saw myself smiling geuniely.

"Until I get my Crystal Cappichino." I rolled my eyes and walked back to the counter. I cleaned the counter with the rag and set it aside when I saw a someone standing infront of the counter. I looked up and smiled.

"I still think I should get a friend discount. One Americano" Taemin said as he paid for his Americano. I put the money in the register and grabbed a plastic cup. I filled the cup up and put the lid on top. I put a straw and gave it to Taemin. I checked the time and got another plastic cup. I filled it up with a caramel Cappichino and put a lid on top with a straw. I took off my apron and Taemin looked at me confused.

"I'll be back. Can you wait for me by the door?" Taemin nodded and I walked to Taehyung's table. Taemin who was walking behind me stopped and rasied an eyebrow. I motioned with my head for him to wait outside and he did as he drinked his coffee.

"Here's your Cappichino." Taehyung took his coffee surprised and looked at me. I looked over at Taemin and nodded. I walked away and Taehyung got up trying to follow me, but got stopped by my boss. Taemin and I left together smiling at my clever plan to ditch Taehyung. Who was he to win my mother's affection and take pictures of me at work?

                                                                            •                          •                          •

"Here's your chocolate vanilla swirl" I gave the costumer their ice cream as they paid me. They left the shop and once again I went over to a table to clean the messy sticky ice cream from the tables. I walked back to the counter and wiped the counter for any melted ice cream. Then I saw a shawdow and looked up. I nearly fell backwards.

"One chocolate mint swirl." Taehyung said. I made his ice cream and handed it to him as he quickly paid for his ice cream. I looked at him as he was walking to a free table near the window.

"In case you try to leave again." I looked away and put his money in the register. Then a group of girls came into the shop not even buying ice cream but instead went over to Taehyung's table and sat down with him. They began flirting with him and I looked away annoyed.

"Yeoja chingu!" I looked up knowing that comment was meant for me. Taehyung motioned for me to come over to his table and I obiediently walked over to his table. Everyone looked at me and Taehyung leaned foreword looking at me.

"Do you see this girl? She's my girlfriend so don't try to steal her away from me." I looked at him surprised and the girls annoyed by his comment got up. Then I saw Henry walking to the shop meaning my shift was over. I had to ditch Taehyung though. I had to think quickly.

"Taehyung when are you going to stop teasing me? Just get these girls numbers that's the only reason you said that ludicrous lie. Who would possible believe we are dating?" Henry walked into the shop and the girls sat back down flirting once again with Taehyung. I took off my apron and Taehyung looked at me confused. I walked over to Henry and got his ice cream I prepared before he arrived. We walked out of the shop and passed by the window where Taehyung was sitting. I sticked out my tongue at him and we laughed as we left Taehyung staring at us. Round two goes to me again.

                                                                               •                          •                       •

"Crystal!" I quickly ran into room lady Kim's room and bowed as I entered. She handed me a glass cup and I took it out of her hands.

"My son should be home soon. Prepare his dinner and set the table, but remember don't talk, see, or be in the same room with him understood?" I nodded and bowed before leaving. I've been working for the Kim's family for four years now as their night servant. I knew they had a son, but I've never seen or talked to him. Those were the rules of working here which I didn't mind since their son attends the same school as me. What if he recognizes me? What if he tells everyone at school that I work for his family? I prepared for the young master's dinner. Yes that's another rule of working here I had to call him young master. Which I was ok with since I don't talk to him or anything. I had my back turned to the kitchen door and was working on making the side dishes when the door opened. I was about to turn around but stopped when I heard the voice.

"You! You've worked here for four years right? Do I look stupid? Should someone make a fool out of me?" That voice sounded familiar but I wasn't sure where I heard it before. I took out my phone and opened my note pad. I began typing and I showed it to the young master whichout facing him, "You're not stupid. No body should make a fool out of you young master."

"My mother told you not to talk or look at me didn't she?" I nodded and he sighed. Why was his voice so familiar to me? Have I heard it somewhere before? No that's not possible I've never been near the young master before. I heard as he pulled one of the chairs from the kitchen counter and sat down.

"That's the problem. The person who made a fool out of me wasn't a no body. She's my girlfriend." I frowned slightly and wrote on my note pad before showing him, "You're girlfriend? It's not my place, but she shouldn't be treating you like that." The young master laughed and I erased my response.

"You're right. She shouldn't but she does. Does she hate me that much?" I frowned again and typed my reply, "If she hated you then she wouldn't have dated you young master."

"She didn't want to date me. I put her in a tight postition and she couldn't refuse." I didn't type anything but stood there. The young master stood up and pushed in his chair.

"I'm sorry about my mother. She can be a pain at times, but I'm glad you've stuck around for four years. I like reading your response to my questions. If I need to talk to someone can I come to you?" I thought about it for a while and nodded slowly.

"Thank you." He walked away closing the door behind him. I put my phone in the pocket of my apron and sighed. It was true. The young master was different from his parents. He was nicer and caring, but his voice sounded so familiar to me.