Chapter 16

Let's Play A Love Game

I walked back to my classroom with Taehyung beside me and his friends behind us. None of us said anything the whole way to my classroom. I stood in front of my classroom and reached for the door handle. I didn't notice my hand shaking uncontrollably until I reached the handle. Taehyung placed his hand over mine and I looked at him. 

"Are you sure you're okay?  We can walk you into class if you want." I looked at him as he made a worried expression. I strangely became familiar with that expression in such a short time. I shook my head slowly and smiled wearily.

"I'm fine." I said almost in a whisper. Taehyung looked at me for a while before nodding and letting go of my hand. I faced all of them and saw their worried expressions. "Leave."

"What?" Taehyung looked at me surprised and so did his friends. I smiled wearily at them. 

"Leave. I'm fine really. I don't want to continue bothering you guys. Leave." They all looked at me before nodding. They slowly one by one left. Taehyung stayed behind and looked at me for a long time. "Leave. I promise I'm fine. Leave before I regret trusting you." Taehyung nodded and smiled wearily. He followed his friends stopping to look back at me before continuing. I took a deep breath and slid the door open. I took one step foreword and an egg flew past me nearly missing me. I looked at the board covered in egg yolk. When I faced in the direction the egg was thrown I was hit by one on my cheek causing it to cut me. 

"You don't deserve Taehyung!" One girl shouted as she threw an egg at me. It hit my arm and left a cut. Other girls joined her and threw eggs at me. 

"You're so ungrateful!" More eggs were being thrown as they insulted me. I covered my head with my arms to protect myself. Some eggs hit the board while others hit my body. Then suddenly no other egg was thrown and I decided to look up. Taehyung stood in front of me with his hands open to protect me. I looked up at him and he stared at me before he turned to the girls.

"YAH!" Taehyung yelled at the girls and they dropped the eggs. Suddenly Henry came running into the classroom out of breath. I looked at him as he stared at me horrified by what he saw. 

"Henry." I whispered towards him. He walked into the classroom and grabbed my hand. Then he pulled me out of the classroom leaving Taehyung and his friends in the egg mess.

                                 •                                                             •                                                              •

I watched as Crystal left with that guy. I faced the girls as one of them tried to give me a towel.

"Sorry Taehyung-ah. We didn't mean to hit you with the eggs." I smacked her hand away as the towel fell on the floor. 

"Who did it?" I asked trying to be patient but just looking at these girls made me furious.

"Taehyung-ah you should get cleaned up. Your uniform will get ruined." That pissed me off. All these girls pissed me off. Them trying to up to me and acting innocent. 

"WHO DID IT!?" They all backed away and huddled together in fear. I stared at them and saw a figure from behind the group stand up. 

"Me." The girls seperated themselves to reveal Sungjong. I walked over to him. I could feel my blood boil within me. I punched Sungjong in the face as he fell over I sat on too of him and punched him continously. I let my guard down for a second as Sungjong hit me in the cheek. Angry by his punch i continued to hit him non stop. Namjoon, Hoseok, Yonggi and Jin all pulled me back. I struggled to escape their tight grasp. 

"Let me go! I have to kill that bastard! I have to kill him!" They pulled me away as I saw Sungjong smirk from the ground. That bastard.

                                 •                                                             •                                                              •

I washed my hair in the sink that was on the roof. Then I wahed my arms with water. Henry gave me a towel and I grabbed it from him. I smiled at him as I dried my hair and arms. I looked up and saw both Jungkook and Jimin standing far from me holding towels. I wet the towel and started wiping the egg yolk from my legs. I flinched when the damp cloth made contact with my cuts.

"Crystal!" Jungkook and Jimin rushed to my side but Henry pushed them aside. He grabbed the cloth from my hand and began to gently wipe my legs with the damp cloth. I looked at him as he continued to wipe my legs clean.

"After I'm done go change in the storage room. I'll keep watch." I nodded but he never looked up to see me. After he finished Jungkook gave me spare clothes and I smiled at him. Jungkook smiled at me and I went into the storage room to change while Henry guarded the door. When I came out Henry smiled at me and I smiled back at him. We suddenly heard footsteps approaching us and we all turned around to see Taehyung and his friends. Taehyung looked at me for a long time and tried to appraoch me but Henry stopped him.

"This is all your fault! If you had never told her to play your stupid game she would have never gotten hurt!" Taehyung averted his attention to Henry and he frowned. He psuhed Henry back with one hand before shoving him backwards.

"If you had never interferred no one would be spreading rumors. Why don't you get lost." Henry went up to Taehyung and grabbed him by the collar. I looked around and saw how no one was doing anything. I went up and grabbed Henry by the arm to get him to stop.

"Henry please stop." Henry shrugged her off and continued to glare at Taehyung who did the same thing.

"Because of you she's the next victim to those snotty girls!" I pulled Henry on the arm but he stayed in his place and glared at Taehyung with rage.

"If you had just stayed away we could have ended this sooner, but you caused these rumors and everything that has happened to Crystal!" I looked at Taehyung who stood his ground just like Henry.

"Please Henry." I begged once more but Henry ignored me and looked straight at Taehyung.

"And let you humilate her to the whole school!? I won't ever let you hurt Crystal! I backed away but I won't anymore. If you hadn't forced her to play your game she wouldn't be in this situation! She needed that money for her family and you took advantage of that! Ever since her father died when she was a kid she had to work multiple jobs to earn money! She's also taken care of her poor mother who's too sick to work and raise her little sister since birth! All she wanted was to live as a normal girl which your moeny gave her that option but she's had to suffer more for that price! The reason she's even in this school is because of a scholarship one of her jobs gave her for working with them after so long! And now ruined everything for her!" Henry breathed heavily after yelling all of this out loud and then slowly he realized what he had said. My hand dropped to my side as everyone faced me. I fought back my tears and Henry faced me as he tried to grab a hold of me. I backed away and he stared at me.

"Crystal. I'm-" I ran past Henry, Taehyung and his friends. I wiped the tears away as they poured out and ran down the stairs. Henry just told everyone my past. My past that I tried hard to hide not because I was ashamed but because I didn't want people's pity. I stopped on the second floor where the stairs are seperated from the hallway. I sat down on one of the steps and cried. I covered my mouth as my sobs became louder and as my body shook.

                                 •                                                             •                                                              •

I watched as Crystal ran past all of us and down the stairs. I didn't hesitate and followed after her and also did that Henry guy. We both ran down the flights of stairs to catch up to Crystal. I was ahead of that guy but I suddenly stopped on the second floor as I watched Crystal hunched over crying. She whole body was shaking as she tried to keep her sobbing from being heard. That Henry guy came later and he stood a few steps behind me watching Crystal cry. Neither of us said anything or tried to approach her. My friends came down running but stopped when they saw us. They looked over and saw Crystal. We all stood there without saying a word or made a single sound. We just all stood there and let her cry.