Chapter 9

Let's Play A Love Game

I walked to my classroom thinking about everything that just happened. Why doesn't taehyung want to tell me why he fought with SongJung? Was it something bad? Just as I arrived to the door someone covered my eyes with their hands. They didn't say anything and I raised my good hand to grab their hands. I felt their fingers and knew instantly whose they belonged to. I smiled and let my hand drop to my side.

"Henry." I said in between laughter. He removed his hands and faced me smiling. I playfully hit him on the arm and laughed. He always did that to me. Even when we were little kids we always came from behind and covered my eyes. I knew his hands better than I knew of anyone else's hands.

"How do you do that?" I laughed and so did Henry. We walked into class and I sat in my seat while Henry sat infront of me.

"I know your hands." I responded and Henry looked at me as if I was crazy. He looked at his hands and then at me. He laughed and put his hands infront of me.

"How can you know my hands when you didn't even see them?" I laughed again. How could I not know his hands? When we were little we always held hands. When I was scared he'd hold my hand. When we danced the waltz together we always held hands. But that's not how I knew his hands. No. I knew his hands for a different reason. I smiled at Henry.

"Remember when we were little and you tried to teach me the piano? I remember I'd be seating on the stool and you stood behind me. You'd grab my hands and played the piano over my hands." I smiled at the memory and moved my fingers against my desk like it was a piano. I tried to play the song Henry taught me but I couldn't remember where the keys were since I hadn't played or seen a piano in over 10 years.

"It's like this." Henry stood up and stood behind me. He leaned forward and placed his hands over mine. He began moving his hands like if he was playing on a piano. I stared at his fingers as they moved graciously on the imagenary piano keys. I smiled and looked up to face Henry. His face was inches away from mine and he faced me. Our faces were so close to each other and I could feel my face getting warmer. Henry smiled and I ended up laughing. Henry laughed along with me and we continued playing on the imagenary paino on my desk.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

I was walking down the hallway looking through the windows that showed the classrooms inside. Crystal had left without a word and I didn't have the chance to apologize to her. I put my hands in my pockets and continued walking down the hall. I turned to look into a classroom and stopped midway. I pulled my hands out of my pockets and turned to look at the window. There I saw Crystal laughing while that guy stood behind her leaning forward and grabbing her hands. They were both laughing and their faces seemed too close to each others. I frowned as I felt my chest getting tight and my blood starting to boil. I turned around and walked the way I came from. What was possibly so great about that guy? He wasn't great at all. Why does my chest feel so tight and suffocated? I must be coming down with something. Why else would my heart be racing and my chest feeling tight? I was definetly coming down with something.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

I got home and was surprised to see bags and bags of food everywhere. Worried and fearing the worst I called for my mother who instantly popped out of the mountain of food.

"Oh! Crystal you're home. How was school? Where is Taehyung?" I slowly nodded as I tried to walk through all the food laying around everywhere. I looked at my mom with a million questions rushing through my head.

"School was fine and I haven't seen Taehyung since the morning. Mom what is all this doing here nad how did it get here?" I looked at my mom and she around as if barely noticing all the food. She smiled and faced me.

"Aren't we lucky? There was a contest that we won and all this food was the prize. Isn't it great?" I looked at my mom. A contest? But I never entered a contest or did I? I stood there thinking about it and shrugged. There's no way anyone would mistaken us if he hadn't truly been the winners. I took it as a blessing and helped my mom unpack all the food.

"Did Taehyung leave school? Is he sick?" I looked at my mother and sighed. Only she would ask about Taehyung. Ever since she met him my mother has taken a liking to him. She always asked about him. Worried about him. Lightened up when she heard his name like this morning.

"I doubt it. He's not the type to get sick and even if he was it has nothing to do with me." I heard my mother gasp and I looked at her. She stared at me with wide eyes and I just continued to stare at her.

"Crystal how can you say that!? That young man has been nothing but good to you. He took you to work, helped us get home, walked you to school this morning and yet you treat him like he's some guy who goes round playing with girls hearts." I bit my bottom lip and looked down. My mother didn't know how dead on she had been about Taehyung with that comment. I sighed and nodded towards my mother.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I shouldn't treat Taehyung like that. I'm sorry mother." I couldn't tell my mom that Taehyung was in fact a guy who went around playing with girls hearts. She really liked Taehyung and I didn't want to ruin that for her.

"That's much better. Now why don't you go over to his house and make sure he's fine." I looked at my mother in disbelief. Go to his house? Why on earth would I go to his house? There was no way I was going to his house.

"Mom. I don't know where he lives." I responded. I honestly didn't know where he lived and I doubted anyone knew either. There's no way I'd go even if I did know.

"Why don't you call him?" I looked at her in complete disbelief. Did she really expect me to go to his house?

"I'll do that, but right now I need to stop by Mrs. Kim's house to pick up my pay check." I left the house before my mother could say anything else. Why would I go see Taehyung? Especially at his house. I shook those thoughts away and headed to the Kim's residence.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

"I take it you're here to pick up you're pay check." I nodded towards Mrs. Kim. She looked at me and nodded. "I will give it to you once you do things here today. You didn't come in yesterday and my son was looking for you. I'm assuming it was because he enjoys your cooking. Why else would he bother to look for you. Anyways, my son is sick today. He wasn't able to attend his classes. Make him some food since he only likes your food. Once you're done you may leave with your pay check." She handed me my pay check and I nodded. I bowed and walked out of her room. So the young master is sick.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

I headed into the kitchen and put on my apron. It was much harder cooking with only one good hand. Don't give up Crystal. This is for the young master who has been so kind to you. You have to do your best. I began making him some soup to help him digest it easier. I was stirring the pot when I heard the kitchen door open. I was about to turn around when I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Hey. It's you!" Was that the young master? He sounded different. Must be from his cold. His nose sounded all stuffed up. I hardly recognized him. "I missed you today, Crystal." I froze on the spot and I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise. How did he know it was me? Who was he?

"Crystal did you miss me today? Did you notice me not being in school?" I looked at he pot and tried to think about who he could be. Who wasn't in school today? Think Crystal think. It can't be Taehyung or any of his friend since they were all obviously at school. So who is he?

"Hey are you ignoring me now? Oh! I get it. You're still mad about what I did to your hand right?" My hand? I looked at my hand and I gasped silently. It was SongJung! Of course. He wasn't in school today and his family name is Kim. I should've known. But why did he treat me so different here and at school?

"You know Crystal. I know you're secret. I know you want it kept a secret. But you know I have asecret too. I like you, Crystal. A lot, but I can't let people know so I treat you badly at school. Especially that loser you're with and his friends." What? SongJung liked me? This can't be happening. SongJung must be dellusional. The guy I was with? Did he mean Taehyung? Of course he wouldn't want Taehyung to know because then Taehyung would want to fight- Wait. Is that why they fought? Did Taehyung find out about SongJung liking me and fought him? No wonder he didn't tell me anything this morning.

"Crystal." I felt Songjung's body fall against my back. I began to panic. What if someone comes in and sees us like this? I couldn't go against my boss's orders and face him, but I needed to get him off from me. But how? I only had one good hand. I sighed and took my injured arm from the arm brace and closed my eyes. I turned around causing Songjung to fall on top of me and I gently pushed him away with both my hands. I could feel my injured hand in pain and heard a 'pop' sound. I turned around and opened my eyes. I looked at my hand and grabbed it with my good hand. I quickly got my things and ran out the kitchen.

"Crystal! Wait!" I didn't turn back and kept running. I left the house and ran back home. I couldn't work here anymore. I just couldn't. Not after knowing that Songjung is the young master and that he likes me. Why did it have to be Songjung? Why? I held onto my hand tighter to ease the pain. I can't go back there. I can't and I won't.