Chapter 15

Let's Play A Love Game

We all sat in our meeting area and everyone just talked to eachother. I had my headphones on and toned out everyone's voice. At this moment all I wanted to do was tone everyone out. How did everyone find out about the kiss that happened between Crystal and Sungjong? I didn't expect the rumors to spread so quickly. I looked up when I saw Jungkook come into the room. I looked in his direction and then looked at my phone. I turned the volume further up to avoid hearing what he was saying. Suddenly, my headphones were taken away from me and I looked up. Jungkook stood there looking at me.

"Didn't you hear me? I said that Crystal almost found out about the rumors going around in school and you're just here doing nothing?" I looked at Jungkook and snatched my headphones back. He looked at me and I just looked away. I put my headphones back on and played my music.

"That's not my problem." I felt my headphones being taken away from me again and I stood up that time. I faced Jungkook and glared at him. He glared back at me.

"What do you mean that's not your problem? You put her in this situation and you're not going to do anything?! Out of all the girls you hurt I've kept my mouth shut. There have been girls like Crystal that you've hurt and I said nothing. But I'm not going to let you hurt Crystal." Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at us. I smirked at Jungkook and looked at him.

"Why do you care? If you've kept your mouth shut before then keep it that way. What? Don't tell me you've fallen for her now?" I pushed Jungkook backwards challenging him to do something. He simply looked at me and clenched his jaw. He looked away for a moment and took a deep breath before he looked back at me.

"I've kept my mouth shut for too long. I'm not letting you hurt another girl especially not Crystal. Fallen for her? So what if I have fallen for her? Are you willing to let go of her so I can properly confess? Or are you going to be a coward and torture her like you have the others?" I stared at Jungkook and felt my jaw clenching too. I felt my blood start to boil and I knew at any minute I would do something I'd regret. So I simlply walked out of the room.

                                                                      •                                                  •                                            •

No one moved from their spots when Taehyung left the room. Jungkook kicked one of the chairs and ruffled his hair angrily. Everyone looked at him and then at the door. They all sighed and Namjoon looked at the door and nodded towards Jimin. As soon as he did Jimin ran out of the room after Taehyung. The rest of the guys slowly walked over to Jungkook who was now sitting with his elbows on his knees sloutched over covering his eyes with his hands.

"Jungkook-ah." Hoseok was the first to speak as he touched Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook simply shook his head and everyone looked at eachother.

"I didn't mean it that way...I was just so angry that I...I would never.." Jungkook struggled to finish any of his sentences. Everyone nodded knowing exactly what Jungkook was trying to say.

"We understand you Jungkook, but you know Taehyung is suffering." Yoongi tried explaining to Jungkook. Jungkook looked up at his friends.

"What about Crystal? You guys don't know how much she's suffering too." Everyone looked at Jungkook for a long time before speaking to him.

"We understand, Jungkook, but Taehyung is our friend." Jin tried to reason with him. Jungkook stood up and looked at his friends with a terrifing thought lingering his mind.

"Isn't Crystal our friend too? Then why did we bother getting close to her? Does no one care about her or any of the other girls? Did we only do that to help Taehyung? Why is it always Taehyung!? When is it going to be Crystal!? You're all going to let her find out about the rumors being spoken about her!? No one's going to defend her against the rumors!? You're all just going to let the whole school call her names for having secret lovers!?" Jungkook waited for his friends to answer but no one did. He starting realizing his terrible thought was right. Crystal was right. These guys were cruel. These hyungs he once looked up since a little toddler were actually heartless guys like Taehyung. He got up and left the room but stopped when he saw a notebook on the floor. He stared at it and then tried to open his bag frantically. His notebook wasn't in there and he stared at the notebook on the floor. He knew he must have left it in class but who brought it there? Then he realized it must have been Crystal and ran to find her. More than likely she heard everything he said.

                                                                   •                                                  •                                            •

Crystal dragged her feet through the patio of the school heading back to class after dropping off Jungkook's notebook. She didn't mean to overhear but it happened that way. Jungkook was trying to defend her but he was at risk of losing his friends and she didn't want that. She sighed deeply and looked up to see Taehyung walking aimlessly in her direction. He looked up and when he saw her they made eye contact. He looked away and kept walking past her. Crystal did the same but before he passed by her she grabbed his wrist forcing him to stop.

"You really shouldn't fight with friends. No matter what happens they're the most precious thing a person can have. Don't fight with Jungkook anymore. Whatever you fought about isn't worth losing your friendship." Taehyung smirked and pulled his hand free. He started walking away and Crystal stood there.

"I'm planning on confessing to the class today. You need to be there so it can count as a proper confession right? Even if you don't show up I plan to confess in order to break away from all this mess. I should've never agreed to this game in the first place. I'm going to confess so we can both break free. I don't like lying but if it causes less problems for both of us then I'll do it." Crystal walked away and headed to class while Taehyung stood there. He didn't move for a while and then finally he turned around and watched Crystal leave.

                                            •                                                  •                                            •

I walked back to class and sighed deeply. Everything Jungkook said replayed through my mind. "Isn't Crystal our friend too? Then why did we bother getting close to her? Does no one care about her or any of the other girls? Did we only do that to help Taehyung? Why is it always Taehyung!? When is it going to be Crystal!? You're all going to let her find out about the rumors being spoken about her!? No one's going to defend her against the rumors!? You're all just going to let the wole school call her names for having secret lovers!?" I smiled a bit. Everything made much more sense.That's why everyone was looking and pointing at me. It wasn't because of their jealousy like Jungkook said. Apparently everyone knew except me. I stood in front of the door to my classroom and sighed. It was now or never. I grabbed the handle and before I could slide the door open someone grabbed my hand and pulled me away. I looked up at the person and realized it was Taehyung. He dragged me to the roof and shoved me past him. He blocked the door and looked at me.

"Who gave you permission to confess to me!?" I stared at him confused. Why was he yelling?

"What?" I asked completely and utterly confused with his question. Taehyung just looked at me and cleared his throat.

"You can't just do as you please. That's against the rules and going against the rules means you lose." I looked at him for a long time. Wasn't he acting like he cared about nothing a few minutes ago? Why was he doing this?

"Isn't there only three rules to the game?" Taehyung seemed surprise by my answer as his eyes widened.

"Either way you can't confess to me." I looked at him. He must have lost it or something.

"It's not like I'm actually confessing to you. I'm only going to say I fell for you so we can end this game." Taehyung looked at me once again surprised by what I said.

"I don't accept false confessions. It has to be a real confession in order for it to be over." I looked at Taehyung and sighed.

"What do you want from me, Taehyung?" Taehyung looked at me and cleared his throat again before speaking.

"I want you to lose fair and square. Only then is the game over." I sighed annoyed and looked away from Taehyung. I really had no say in anything as long as I was playing this game. I nodded and looked at him. I walked past him and headed to class.

                                                                       •                                                  •                                            •

I walked behind Crystal making sure she got to class and didn't confess. I wasn't expecting her to say she would confess to me. That took me by surprise. She was willing to lie to everyone to end the game. Was she that unhappy? As we got closer to her locker I noticed red paintings all over her blue locker. At first, I didn't think anything by it until we got closer and I read what it said. Crystal had her head down and as we got closer to her locker she slowly raised her head. I quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her in my direction forcing her to look at me. She stood and inch from me and I hugged her closer towards me. Crystal stayed still for a moment and then started resisting. I held onto her tight.

"Stop. I'm trying to protect you." Crystal instantly stood still. She stayed in my arms not moving or making any sounds but her breathing. Time seemed to have stopped as everyone stared at us. I didn't care that they saw. I felt a strange warm sensation in my chest as my heart beated fast. Then I saw Hoseok run towards us and I simply looked at her locker. Hoseok nodded and ran off. As soon as he came back he started cleaning the paint off. Jin also came and helped clean it off. I held Crystal close so she wouldn't see the rude comments they left on her locker.

"Just a while longer. Stay still for just a while longer." I whispered to her. Crystal nodded leaned her forehead onto my shoulder.She didn't say anything and yet my heart was beating so fast and loud. I was sure she heard but she said nothing or reacted. She just stayed their in my arms like a helpless puppy. Then I felt her arms around my back as she hugged me back. I looked down at her but all I saw was the top of her head.

"Thank you, Taehyung." She said in a soft and quiet voice and yet it made my hear race even faster. I became nervous and filled with a warm sensation throught my body. Yet I felt happy for some strange and odd reason. She only said three words and somehow those three words were enough to make me smile like I've never smiled before in my life.