Chapter 42

Let's Play A Love Game

I walked into Jimin’s and Jungkook’s hotel room as the three guys were talking. They all stopped and looked at me worriedly before I went to the sofa and sat down. Jihyun stood up and looked at me before speaking.

“Hyung? You’re not mad at me, are you?” Jihyun asked cautiously as I looked at him and shook my head.

“No. I understand why you did what you did. I’m just worried.” I confessed. Jimin and Jungkook joined us and looked at me confused.  

“Didn’t you talk to her? Hyunnie said-” Jimin began to say before I interrupted him.

“We did.” I plainly said as the three guys looked at me confused for a while before Jungkook spoke up.

“So, what’s wrong?” Jungkook asked answering the same question running through everyone’s mind.

“She’s different.” Taehyung said and everyone frowned even more confused than before.

“Tae, you’re going to have to explain this to us, because we don’t understand what you are trying to say.” Jimin said as they all sat down on the sofa. I sighed before I looked at them.

“She’s different. She seemed cold and distant. When we talked, I couldn’t even read her. She told me she was tired of running away and being scared which scares me. I think she’s going to do something dangerous. I have this feeling in my chest that she’ll do something that will get her in trouble. I’m scared.” I confessed and the guys looked at me worried.

“Jihyun when you were with her today, did she say anything to you?” Jimin asked his younger brother and Jihyun looked at everyone as we waited for his answer.

“No. She acted like she normally acts. She never acted differently with me.” Jihyun said and everyone sighed frustrated. I sighed deeply before nodding.

“Maybe she acted like that, because of me. She must seriously hate me.” I laughed bitterly as I sighed once more. Jungkook pat my back and I looked at him before smiling weakly.

“I’m fine. I expected this. I didn’t think she would accept me right away…I just thought if I explained to her everything she would at least come back to Seoul.” I admitted weakly as the three guys looked at me and remained silent. I stood up as everyone looked at me.

“I should go home. I’m just a buzz kill right now.” I said trying to joke, but my smile quickly dropped.

“Hyung, why don’t you stay here for the night? The three of us can keep your mind busy like in the old days.” Jihyun offered and I looked at my three childhood friends and nodded.

__________________________________FLASHBACK_________________________________________

“Hyung! That’s not fair!” Jihyun whined as the two boys laughed. Jihyun pouted as Jungkook ruffled his hair. Jihyun looked at him with teary eyes.

“Hyunnie. Do you want me to beat Taehyung hyung and Jimin hyung for you?” Jungkook offered and Jihyun nodded.

“Aye! Kook you should let him lose. If you keep winning for him how will he ever learn?” Jimin complained as Taehyung nodded. Jungkook took the controller from Jihyun and looked at his hyungs.

“Hyunnie’s my friend. How can I let you both bully him in front of me? Besides he’s right. You both ganged up on him to beat him. Hyunnie watch me beat hyungs.” Jungkook said as Jihyun nodded. Jimin and Taehyung shrugged and reset their game.

After 5 minutes the game ended and the two older boys were speechless. Jihyun jumped up and down next to Jungkook who only smiled at his friend. The two older boys turned toward the younger boys and frowned.

“That’s not fair! You have Jungkook on your team! He’s good at everything!” The two older boys said as Jihyun stuck his tongue out at them.

“So? You guys cheated just to beat me. Besides Jungkook wanted to help me and you two let him so it’s fair.” Jihyun protested as the older boys began defending themselves. All three boys were yelling back and forth as Jungkook stood up and shake his head.

“Hyung!” Jungkook greeted as he saw Namjoon walking into the room with his hands over his ears.

“What are these three yelling about now?” Namjoon asked as Jungkook motioned with his head towards the television. Namjoon seeing the game console and controllers simply nodded.

“They’ll be in big trouble if-” Namjoon began before he was interrupted by the exact person he was about to talk about.

“Hey! If you three don’t stop yelling right now I’ll kick the three of you out the window!” Yoongi yelled as soon as he entered the room. The three boys instantly fell silent as they bowed toward their hyung.

“That’s more like it.” Yoongi said as he laid down on the sofa and closed his eyes. Namjoon shook his head before looking at the three boys who were fighting earlier.

“Can you two please act like actual hyungs to Jihyun? Jungkook acts more like a hyung than you too.” Namjoon said as Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other before shrugging. Just then J-Hope came into the room and smiled once he saw his friends.

“Hello everyone!” J-Hope yelled and everyone froze waiting for Yoongi’s screams, but instead Yoongi turned the other direction. Everyone took a deep breath and J-Hope looked at everyone confused and lost. Then Jin came in and directly went towards the sofa.

“What should we do?” Jin asked as all the boys thought of something to do. Everyone started yelling out ideas when suddenly Jimin’s phone rang. Jimin went and answered it assuming it was his mother which it was. After 5 minutes of being on the phone with his mother Jimin’s phone fell to the ground and everyone looked at him.

“Jimin? What’s wrong?” Namjoon asked as Jimin began to shake. Everyone got up and looked at him. Jimin’s eyes began to water as he looked at Taehyung. He stumbled to speak, but he managed to get two words out.

“Min’s dead.” Jimin said faintly, but everyone heard him. Everyone looked at Taehyung as the young Taehyung stood there frozen.

_______________________________Several Days Later_______________________________

All 8 boys were standing before a memorial window wall. Taehyung placed the only picture he had of Min in there along with flowers. All of them were dressed in black as they watched and said nothing. Taehyung stood back and looked at the picture before speaking.

“Hi, Min. I came to visit you and leave these flowers in here. I don’t know if you can hear me or not. I came with Jimin and Hyunnie. My other friends are here too. You would’ve gotten along with them. I’m sorry I said I hated you. I don’t hate you, Min. I never hated you. I was just sad that you were gone. I miss you.” Taehyung said with tears in his eyes.

“Noona’s not dead.” Jihyun suddenly said which caught everyone by surprise. Jimin looked at his little brother and nudged him.

“Jihyun. I told you not to say that. It’s already hard for us now that Min’s-” Jimin began before Jihyun interrupted him.

“She’s not dead!” Jihyun yelled as everyone looked at him. Taehyung looked at the younger boy and sighed deeply.

“Hyunnie..I know you’re upset, but you can’t say those things. Min won’t be able to rest in peace if-” Taehyung began before Jihyun interrupted him as well.

“Noona’s not dead! If she heard any of you right now she’s hate you! Especially you, Taehyung hyung. You said you would protect her! Why did you let her go!?” Jihyun yelled as everyone remained quiet. Jimin looked at his friend and then at his brother.

“Jihyun!” Jimin said ready to scold him before Taehyung spoke.

“He’s right. It’s my fault she’s dead.” Taehyung said as everyone remained silent and looked at him with a sad expression.

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I should’ve listened to you before. If I had kept looking for Crystal instead of thinking she was dead none of this would’ve happened.” Taehyung said to Jihyun who looked at him for a long time.

“What did I know? I only said those things to you, because I was upset. I didn’t want to believe noona was actually dead.” Jihyun sighed as he laid his head back and looked at the ceiling.

“But you were right. Everything you said was right. If I had just listened to you.” Taehyung said and the four boys sat in silence for a while longer before Jungkook spoke.

“What time are you meeting noona?” Jungkook asked and Taehyung leaned his head back before sighing.

“In the afternoon at the beach.” Taehyung said and the three boys nodded as they remained silent a while longer.

“Movie?” Jungkook said as the boys nodded and Jihyun stood up as Jungkook searched for a good movie.

“Popcorn?” Jihyun said and the boys nodded as Jimin raised his hand and held up 2 fingers. Jihyun nodded as he went to the kitchen.

“Cola?” Jimin asked Taehyung as Taehyung nodded. Jimin stood up and went to the kitchen after his brother. A few seconds passed before Taehyung grumbled.

“Why am I always the one sent to buy snacks!” Taehyung whined as the boys laughed. Taehyung stood up and made his way towards the door.