Chapter 22

Let's Play A Love Game

I was watching television as Taehyung sat in front of a desk trying to finish his homework. He groaned softly and leaned against his chair. He laid his head backwards and closed his eyes. I turned my attention to him and got up from my bed. I walked over to his side without him knowing. I sat in the chair next to him and looked at his work. Taehyung as if sensing my presence opened his eyes and lifted his head. He looked at me worried and I looked at him.

"Crystal." He began but I cut him off before he could continue. I looked back at his work and pointed at the following question.

"Right here it says how this phrase was using a simile to compare the characters' feelings to a child who is unloved by their mother." I looked at Taehyung who had a serius expression and was spaced out into deep thought. "Taehyung?" I said as he snapped out of it and looked at me. "Do you want me to leave you alone?" Taehyung smiled weakily and shook his head.

"Sorry. I was thinking about something. Are you good in English?" I nodded at him understanding him and looked at his sheet before responding.

"English is my favorite subject." Taehyung rested his elbow on the desk and laid his jaw onto his palm. He faced me and smiled. "What?" I asked him. He shook his head and continued to smile at me. He leaned forward and I leaned backwards a bit to look at him.

"Let me hear your English." He said. I backed away a bit when I heard his request.

"You want me to speak in English?" I asked not sure if that's what he meant. Taehyung nodded and I sat there baffled. "What do you want me to say?" I asked. Taehyung thought about it for a while and then clasped his hands together.

"Say "Say Kim Taehyung is the best." He requested. I laughed at his request and nodded. I thought of the words before I spoke. I didn't want to make a mistake in front of him. I don't know why I don't but I knew I didn't.

"Kim Taehyung is the best." I said in my most perfect English and did buing buing movements. I suddenly covered my face with my hands and looked away embarressed. Taehyung looked at me as his jaw dropped.

"Wow! I can't tell if that was cute or amazing!" Taehyung pulled my hands away from my face and I could see his bright smile. "I really liked it." He said sincerely and my heart began to skip a beat. I smiled and felt my cheeks get warmer and warmer. Then I remembered something that was bothering me since yesterday.

"Taehyung?" I asked. Taehyung looked at me happily to continue. "When you confessed to me why were you so surprised?" Taehung's bright smile faded as he laughed nervously.

"Actually, I thought you were asleep. The things I said were things that were on my mind at the time. I didn't think you were listening to me. When you turned around I was so scared you'd ask me to leave. I was afraid you'd reject me right then and there. But instead you made a joke about it and I was thankful for that much. Next time I'll confess to you properly once you've sorted out your feelings." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and I nodded. I smiled at how cute he looked when he was nervous. Then a thought crossed my mind.

"Have you ever liked another girl before?" I asked. Taehyung stared at me shocked by my question. He finally snappe out of it and looked at me.

"There was a girl when I was little that I liked. Her father worked for mine and he'd always bring her to my house when he visited my father. She was the first girl I liked, but her family moved and her father never came over again. I haven't seen them since then." He shrugged it off and smiled weakly at me. "What about you, Crystal?" He asked me. I thought about it for a while.

"I used to like a boy when I was younger too. I don't remember too much from my past, but I remember liking a boy." Taehyung looked at me with a serious facial expression.

"Is it Henry?" He asked. Taken aback from his question I stared at him. I finally shook my head and thought hard about it.

"It wasn't Henry. It was some other boy. All I know is that I met Henry because I was crying in a park about that boy. I can't remember his name or any memories I had with him. My memories before my father died I can't seem to remember." I said as I tried to remember but gave up when I couldn't remember a thing. Taehyung nodded and we sat there in silence for a while longer until the door slid open. I stood up as Taehyung turned around.

"CRYSTAL!!" I walked up to Bomi who hugged me and I hugged her back. "You scared all of us to death." I smiled apologetically towards her. Then I hugged Naeun who smiled brightly at me. Taemin then pulled me into a tight hug.

"You dare do that again and I'll hunt you down dead or alive." I smiled and nodded at Taemin's threat. He pulled away as he ruffled my hair and smiled sweetly towards me. As I looked up I saw Henry by the door smiling at me. Without thinking I went up to him and hugged him tightly. Henry hugged me back and rocked me back and forth gently.

"Don't scare me like that ever again. If you die then I'll die with you." I nodded as my chin rested on his shoulder. He rubbed my back gently and I smiled. I had missed Henry the most. We grew up together most of our lives and I hated myself for giving up on life and leaving him here alone. He had friends everywhere. Henry had the ability to make friends where ever he went but me and him were like two peas in a pod. We were unseparatable. That's why I was so happy to see him. We broke away from our hug and laughed at each other.

                                              •                                                    •                                                   •

I sat on my chair as my friends stood around Crystal's bed. Crystals' friends had all left an hour ago and mine arrived shortly. All I could do was think about the way Crystal hugged Henry. It really bothered me, but I knew better than to tell Crystal. She would be upset about it and I didn't want that. Why were they hugging so affectionatly? Not to mention that they hugged for a long time. Did Crystal really like Henry? Was she only pretending she wasn't to spare my feelings? I looked up at Crystal as she was laughing.

"From now on we'll be calling you sister in-law." Namjoon said and everyone laughed. Crystal blushed and shook her head.

"No! You can't!" Crystal protested. Everyone continued to laugh and Jimin nudged her gently.

"No need to be shy. You're family now that you're dating Tae for real." Crystal blushed instantly and everyone laughed at how cute she looked. She looked up to me and we made eye contact.

"Taehyung." She pouted and I couldn't help but smile. She was too cute. Even if she really was sparing my feelings I was okay with it. If I could have moments like this with her I was okay with everything. I got up and pushed my friends aside playfully. I hugged Crystal and held her in my arms protectively.

"Yah! Stop teasing my girlfriend." I saw and all my friends laughed. They all held their hands up in defeat and took a step back. Crystal laughed and looked up at me. I looked down at her with a smile and kissed her forehead. All my friends cringed at my gesture and turned around to cover their eyes.

"Get a room!" Jungkook said and Crystal laughed. I loved her laugh. It was filled with such happiness that made me happy when I heard it.

"Yah! If you haven't noticed this is our room!" I teased and they all oohed. They all turned to look at us and Crystal buried her face in my chest from embarrassment. My heart skipped a beat from her sudden action but I smiled. I looked up as my hyungs winked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and looked back down at Crystal as she continued to hide.


Hello lovely readers~

Here's an update. Sorry for skipping an update. I was busy with beach preparations. Starting tomorrow I'll be updating as much as possible. Since next week I'll be going on my family vacation it'll be hard to update. But I'll find a solution so you all don't have to wait 4 to 5 days for a new update.