Chapter 40

Let's Play A Love Game

"Jimin where's Crystal? Is Jihyun with her?" Taehyung began question his best friend who only remained silent. 

"Oh....yeah Jihyun is with her right now. I was about to tell you." Jimin lied and Taehyung raised a brow in confusion from Jimin's uneasy tone.

"You're not lying to me are you?" Taehyung questioned and Jimin gulped as he looked at Jungkook. Jungkook mouthed for him to deny it.

"Of course not! Why would I lie?" Jimin protected unsurely which made Jungkook shake his head disapprovingly. 

"Let me know how things go." Taehyung said before hanging up. Jimin breathed deeply as he looked at Jungkook.

"We're dead. We need to find Jihyun. That brat left before telling me again." Jimin said as he got up and grabbed his coat. Jungkook nodded and grabbed his shoes. Just as they opened the door to leave they saw Taehyung standing there looking at them.

"We're so dead." Jungkook said softly as they watched their friend look at them emotionless. 

_____________________________________________________________

"Noona!" Jihyun shouted as he lifted his arm and waved at Crystal who was standing at the other side of the crosswalk. Crystal looked up and smiled at him. Jihyun put his hand down and smiled. Suddenly his phone rang and he looked at the screen. "Jimin hyung." it read. Jihyun ignored it and waited for the walk sign to light up. Once it finally did Jihyun eagerly walked toward Crystal. They both met up in the middle with smiles on their faces.

"How is it possible that you're still an early bird?" Crystal joked and Jihyun laughed. He put his arm around Crystal and walked her in the direction he came from.

"I wanted to see you." Jihyun honestly said and Crystal looked at him with a confused look.

"We saw each other yesterday." Crystal said and Jihyun nodded as he smiled.

"I know, but I still wanted to see you again." Jihyun said and Crystal looked at him before smiling. They continued walking down the streets together.

_______________________________________________

Jimin and Jungkook sat down together in the same couch as Taehyung sat in the couch in front of them. Both boys were nervously fidgeting with their fingers avoiding eye contact.

"Where are they?" Taehyung asked and both boys knew who he was referring to. They looked at each other and gave each other looks.

"Since neither one of you are answering it must mean you don't know where they are." Taehyung said in a disappointed tone. Jungkook and Jimin looked at him with a sad look. 

"What is Jihyun thinking?" Taehyung said as he sighed deeply looking defeated. Jimin looked at his best friend before speaking.

"Tae try to understand Jihyun. This is the first time he's seen her ever since he found out she supposedly died. His mind is playing games on him. He thinks he's back in the past." Jimin said calmly as Taehyung looked at him.

"Is that the reason? Are you sure he's not trying to keep her all for himself?" Taehyung said and Jimin looked at him a bit hurt.

"I know you're upset, Taehyung. I get it. I know you don't want to lose Crystal again, but to say that Jihyun is selfishly trying to steal her away from you is too much. We all know Jihyun's had a crush on Crystal ever since we were kids. He just like you was devastated when we heard she had died. He just like you has felt guilty for her death since that day. He just like you loved Crystal with all his heart without knowing what love was. But Jihyun...Hyunnie knows that Crystal loves you. He knows he could do a million things to try to win her heart, but she will still love you. He knows that. All he wants is a few days to do the things he's always wanted to do with Crystal." Jimin said before getting up and grabbing his coat. Taehyung sat there emotionless as Jungkook debated whether to get up or stay. Jimin left the room and Jungkook cursed under his breath.

"Hyung!" Jungkook called out to Jimin as he got up and ran after him. Taehyung sighed deeply as he leaned back into the couch. 

"I'm the real selfish person here and yet I'm taking it out on Jihyun." Taehyung sighed once again and closed his eyes.

________________________________________________________

"So tell me again why we're at this costume store?" Crystal asked as Jihyun rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed.

"Ever since I was little I wanted to come here with you and just dress up." Jihyun confessed and Crystal looked at him with a soft expression. Jihyun looked at Crystal and got even more embarrassed. 

"Uh...this is lame isn't it? We can go and do something else." Jihyun offered and Crystal smiled before shaking her head.

"I like it." Crystal said as she looked through the rack of clothes and picked out a super women outfit. Jihyun smiled and also searched through the racks until he found a super man outfit to match. They took turns changing and laughed at how silly they looked. The store lady offered to take their picture, but Crystal shyly refused.

"Come on noona. How else are we suppose to make memories?" Jihyun said as Crystal shyly shook her head. Jihyun smiled and looked at the store lady.

"Please take our picture." Jihyun said and Crystal tried to leave, but Jihyun put his arm around her shoulder and firmly held her. Crystal looked at him and tried to convince him to let her go, but Jihyun refused.

"I'm taking the picture now." The store lady said as she held up the camera to take their picture. Crystal looked at the camera and smiled shyly as Jihyun smiled happily. Once the picture was taken the lady handed them their picture.

"You two are such a cute couple." The lady said as Crystal was about to explain that they weren't dating, but Jihyun spoke up.

"Thank you." Jihyun said as the store lady smiled and left. Crystal looked at Jihyun as Jihyun admired the picture.

"Why didn't you tell her that we weren't dating?" Crystal asked and Jihyun looked at her with an innocent look.

"I didn't think I needed to tell her. Truthfully, it takes more time to explain our relationship. If you just let them think whatever then it ends there. Her comment didn't bother me. We know what our relationship is and where it ends. Did it bother you?" Jihyun explained and Crystal looked at him in awe and speechless.

"I guess you're right." Crystal said as she went back to the dressing room. Jihyun sighed deeply with an upset expression.

"Of course I'm right. I'm just a kid to you." Jihyun muttered before sighing deeply and going in to change after Crystal.

 

Crystal and Jihyun were walking through a park admiring the scenery. Jihyun would look at Crystal every now and then and smile to himself. As they were walking they noticed snowflakes falling from the sky. They stopped and Crystal looked up at the sky in awe.

"It's snowing. Hyunnie it's snowing!" Crystal said happily as she turned and looked at Jihyun. Jihyun nodded and smiled even more as he watched Crystal looking up and admiring the snowflakes.

"I can finally do what I wanted to do." Jihyun said and Crystal turned and looked at him. Just as Crystal turned to face him Jihyun kissed Crystal's cheek. Crystal's eyes widened as she looked at Jihyun who stood up straight and smiled at her.

"I've always wanted to do this ever since I was little." Jihyun confessed and Crystal looked at him embarrassed and shyly.

"Hyunnie-" Crystal said before she was interrupted by Jihyun.

"I'm sure you know that I've liked you ever since we were little. Truthfully, I still like you, noona. I've never stopped liking you even when they said you had died. I always told myself that if I had another chance I would do things differently. If you ever came back to us that I would do everything I wanted to do." Jihyun confessed and Crystal looked at him with sad eyes.

"Jihyun I-" Crystal tried to explain before she was interrupted once again.

"I know. You don't have to explain anything to me. I knew when we were younger that you liked Taehyung hyung. Like I said back at the costume store. We know what our relationship is, noona and dongsang and it ends there. I know you still see me as the little kid, Hyunnie that I was in the past. I don't expect anything from this confession. I got to confess to you. That's all I wanted. I don't know anything about you or Taehyung hyung. But I do know that you both feel the same way as you did when we were kids. I got my second chance to confess to you properly. Use your second chance to be happy noona." Jihyun said and Crystal looked at him with tears in her eyes. Jihyun pulled her into a hug and held her.

"I was prepared to send you away coolly, but it's hard." Jihyun said with tears in his eyes. Crystal hugged him back as they remained their for a while longer.

 

On their way to Crystal's house Crystal and Jihyun were quiet. Neither one of them said a word after Jihyun's confession. Before reaching Crystal's house Crystal looked at Jihyun and he looked at her.

"Thank you, Jihyun. You gave me the courage I needed to confront my problems. I was worried about the future, but now I'm not scared anymore." Crystal said and Jihyun smiled. He pat her head before nodding.

"That's the noona I know. Hurry inside it's cold." Jihyun said and Crystal nodded. Jihyun watched her for a bit before turning around and leaving. Jihyun normally would've waited until she entered her house and he would've waited a bit longer just to make sure she was safe. But he saw Taehyung leaning against her house in the shadows. He knew Taehyung was generous enough to let him enough his moment with Crystal and that's why he had prepared to say goodbye to his first love on this day. On the day of the first snow fall. Taehyung was his friend and he knew how Crystal felt.

_________________________FLASHBACK_______________________

Jihyun waited for Crystal to change so he could also change into his costume. Suddenly his phone rang and he checked the caller ID. Taehyung Hyung. Jihyun stood up and walked outside.

"Hyung." Jihyun said as he waited for Taehyung to speak. There was a long pause before Taehyung actually spoke.

"I don't know where you are or what you're doing. But I know Crystal is with you. I'm ok with it. I'm ok with you being with Crystal. At 10 pm I'll be waiting for you and Crystal by her house." Taehyung said before he hung up. Jihyun looked at his cell phone and sighed. His expression saddened, but he shook it off and walked back into the store. Jihyun knew what Taehyung meant by his call. Today he was free to do what he pleased. After today there were no more chances.

____________________________________________________________

I was walking to my house when I noticed someone coming out from the shadows. I stopped and looked at the person. Taehyung. He stood before me with a look of pain, hurt and sadness. We didn't say anything for a while. Taehyung took a step forward and I took a step back. Taehyung looked at me with so much pain as I remained emotionless. 

"Not today." I said in a hoarse and tired tone. Taehyung looked at me for a long time trying to figure out what I meant. Trying to figure me out.

"Tomorrow. I'll hear you out tomorrow." I said and Taehyung's eyes widened from surprise but then they turned serious.

"How do I know you won't run away again?" Taehyung questioned. I looked at him for a while before speaking.

"I'm tired of running away. I'm tired of hiding and being scared. I'm tired of hating and being unhappy." I said and Taehyung's expression softened. He tried to take a step forward, but quickly decided not to afraid that I would leave once again.

"When can I come back?" Taehyung asked and I looked at him before sighing.

"Come in the afternoon. Not here. At the beach." I said and Taehyung nodded. We stood there for a while longer just staring at each other before I spoke.

"Hurry and go. It's cold." I said as I started walking inside before Taehyung grabbed my wrist.

"When can I come back?" Taehyung asked and I turned around and looked at him confused.

"I just-" I was about to explain when Taehyung interrupted me.

"When can I come back to your side?" Taehyung asked. I looked at him as my heart fluttered. My expression softened without me knowing. Suddenly the door opened and Taehyung pulled me into the shadows.

"I thought I heard Crystal." Henry said to himself while looking around. He shrugged and walked back inside. Taehyung and I sighed deeply and looked at each other. Taehyung's arms were wrapped around me tightly holding me as he looked at me with a look of desire in his eyes. We were inches away from each other's faces and it was enough to make my heart skip a beat. I quickly pushed him away and Taehyung looked at me.

"I'm going inside." I said as I quickly walked to my house and went inside not looking back at Taehyung.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers~

I can come up with a thousand reasons as to why I haven't finished this fanfic or updated. But no more excuses. 2016 is about to end and I'm making it my yearly goal to finish this before it drags into another year. The chapters maybe shorter than usual, but that's because my laptop is damaged and I'm using my phone. I'll still try to give you quality content and hopefully finish this fanfic with a smooth, clean and understandable ending. Thank you for those who never lost faith in this story even though I lost faith at times. This will be my Christmas and New Year's gift to all my lovely readers who stayed by my side.