Chapter 3

Let's Play A Love Game

I left the Kim residence and made my way to my final job. Did I make a mistake in allowing the young master  to seek me when he wanted to talk? This was actually the first time I ever had a conversation with the young master. In most occasions we never even crossed paths. Did this mean I'd be seeing more of the young master? Somehow this was making me feel nervous. Then I felt my phone ring and I answered it without thinking.

"Hello?"

"Crystal. Where are you?"

"Oh Henry! I'm actually on my way to the bakery right now."

"I see. I'll see you there then."

"Ok Henry."

I hung up and walked happily to the bakery

                                                                              •                          •                       •

"Here is your order. Thank you very much and please come again." I handed the costumer her order and she left. Then I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned around and smiled when I saw that it was Henry's mother.

"Crystal dear you truly are a saint. You're helping us with our shop and helping your mother with the bills. You are the extact type of person who Henry should marry." I blushed slightly and looked down. Henry came in with a napkin and he looked at his mother flustered.

"Mom you can't say that so carefree. Besides Crystal already has a boyfriend."My head quickly shot up when Henry said that and I faced him. He blushed and had a pained expression on his face. Henry's mother looked at her son and then at me with a dissappointed face.

"Is that so? I'm sorry Crystal dear. I didn't know you already had a boyfriend. I just always figured Henry and you would-" Henry's mother cut herself off and wiped her hands on her apron.

"Well it doesn't matter. It's getting pretty late. Henry accompany Crystal home while I clean up the shop ok?"

"Sure." Henry left and went to change followed by his mother leaving me by myself. Why did Henry suddenly say that? Did it still bother him? I took off my apron and set it on the counter.

                                                                                   •                          •                       •

Henry was walking ahead of me leaving me alone behind him. He didn't once look back at me or even speak to me. Was he angry? He was never like this. I ran to catch up to him and we continued to walk beside each other. He still didn't talk to me even after a while and I took a deep breath.

"Henry?" I looked up at him demanding he look at me, but he didn't even glance at me. I looked at the starry night sky before continuing.

"Why did you suddenly tell your mom about Taehyung?"

"It just slipped."

"It just slipped huh?" We continued walking in silence and without knowing I spoke again.

"Yet some how I doubt that." Henry immediately stopped and I continued walking looking at the stars.

"What about you?" I stopped and turned around to looked at Henry. He looked straight at me with a serious face.

"Let me ask you a question now Crystal." I stood there looking at Henry. I couldn't speak or move. Why was Henry so serious all of a sudden?

"Why did you agree to date Taehyung?" I forced myself to speak afraid that if I didn't Henry would become more agnry with me.

"I already told you Henry. I would have never agreed to his stupid game if it wasn't for the prize he offered me." Ashamed of my own foolish mistake I looked down.

"What was the prize he offered? Money? Was that it? You agreed to his stupid game just for money?!" I felt my shoulders tremble and I kept looking down.

"I had no other choice. I don't make enough on my own."

"You should have asked me. I would have helped you out. I hate how you can't rely on me, but you can rely on him." I felt the tears coming out my eyes and I couldn't stop my shoulders from shaking anymore.

"I didn't ask you for money because you're important to me Henry. I didn't want to burden you with Taehyung I don't care. I don't like the idea of taking his money or agreeing to this stupid game for money, but my mom needs it. If I win I won't need to work anymore until I graduate. I will be able to pay for a doctor to check on mother who is so ill. I will be able to buy food to feed my mother and me without one of us sleeping on an empty stomach. I can't do that on my own. I don't want Henry to be burdened by me, because I care too much about you. I don't care if Taehyung is burdened because he means nothing to me."

Oh no they're coming out again. At this point I couldn't keep my tears from escaping anymore. I could hear Henry approaching me, but I didn't want him to see me like this. I took a step back and wiped my eyes frantically.

"I'm sorry. I can go from here. You're mother must be waiting for you." I quickly turned around and ran away before Henry could stop me. I could hear him calling out my name and chasing after me. I didn't want him to see how pathetic I looked. I kept running without turning back when suddenly I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me in their direction. Please. Please don't let it be Henry. The person embraced me into a hug and said nothing. Who is this person? A few seconds later I heard someone running and yelling my name. Henry? Henry! I tried to scream to him, but the person hugged me tightier.

"If you don't want him to see you the way you are then stay put." That voice I've heard it somewhere before, but where? After Henry left the person's grip loosened a bit and I backed away. I wiped away my tears and avoided eye contact with the person.

"No thank you to your boyfriend who obviously helped you out?" I looked up at the shadowy fiqure as it came closer to me. Then I saw his face as he came into the light.

"Ta-Taehyung.." He smiled at me and I took this oppurtunity to make a run for it. I turned and ran back toward the street when I felt Taehyung pull me back into an embrace.

"Why were you crying and running away from him?" I tried to pull away, but he held me firmly.

"Why do you care?"

"Well I should take the role of a concerning boyfriend every now and then." Why did he have to appear? Why was he even here? I pushed him away when he let his guard down.

"It doesn't concern you." I quickly ran away to my house. Why did it have to be Taehyung of all people? It annoyed me.

                                                                           •                          •                       •

I watched as Crystal ran away.

"Idiot, it concerns me if you're willing to accept my money and I mean nothing to you either."

I picked up my bag I dropped when I pulled Crystal. I opened the bag and checked inside. My drinks and snacks were unharmed. That's a relief. I looked up and walked toward the streets when I suddenly saw that guy. What was his name again? Hendrick? Hunter? Doesn't matter. He turned around and saw me. He glared at me and walked toward me. Who was he glaring at this punk? I kept walking and we walked passed each other without a word.

"Oh!" I stopped walking and turned around. He also turned around and faced me. I lifted my hand and pointed at him.

"Next time you make my girlfriend cry like that I won't forgive you." That guy looked at me and glared at me once again.

"You're just playing the role of boyfriend and girlfriend."

"That's true. We were playing the role until I found out I have a rival. Now this is all too real for me. Until the day one of us ends up falling for the other I will make Crystal my girlfriend for real. You've been warned. Make my girlfriend cry like you did today and I won't forgive you."

I turned around and walked away. Who was this guy to make me so mad? Who was he to make Crystal cry too? So what if she's just using me did he have to make her cry? That jerk if he even dares to make her cry again I won't forgive him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone~

Sorry for the LONG await for this chapter I know many of you really wanted to read it so here you go. I will be updating more so please keep supporting Let's Play A Love Game. Hope you enjoy this chapter update <3