Chapter 38

Let's Play A Love Game

Henry was pacing back and forth as he was dialing Crystal’s number. He waited for an answer and impatiently hung up as he heard her voice mail. Henry hung up and looked up as he saw Crystal and Jihyun approaching the beach house. Henry took a few steps forward before speaking.

“Crystal.” Henry said as both friends looked up barely noticing Henry’s presence. Henry eyed the younger male with suspicion. Crystal looked at him before she spoke.

“Henry what are you doing outside?” Crystal asked as she tried to divert Henry’s attention onto herself. Crystal was nervously waiting Henry’s gaze on Jihyun in fear that Henry would notice Jihyun was Jimin’s younger brother. Henry finally faced Crystal and gave her a small smile. 

“Your mother was worried about you and so was I. Where were you?” Henry asked as he looked at Jihyun knowing she was with him all day. Crystal looked at Henry and then at Jihyun before facing Henry again.

“I’m sorry for worrying you, Henry. I met up with a friend while I went for a walk this morning and we lost track of time.” Crystal explained as she watched Henry. Henry simply nodded as he continued to eye Jihyun as he scanned his facial features noticing a resemblance to someone, but not sure who. Jihyun taking Crystal’s explanation as his cue to introduce himself he bowed towards Henry.

“Hello, I’m Park Jihyun. Noona’s childhood friend.” Jihyun introduced himself as Henry raised his eyebrows upon noticing something.

“Hello, I’m Lau Henry. I’m also one of Crystal’s childhood friends. Since you called her noona you must be younger than us.” Henry pointed out after he introduced himself to Jihyun. Jihyun nodded before speaking.

“Yes, I’m two years younger than noona.” Jihyun clarified as he watched Henry’s reactions carefully. Henry nodded as he watched Jihyun.

“For someone who lives in Jeju you don’t have an accident like everyone else. You have more of a busan accent.” Henry observed as some words gave off an accent Jihyun was trying to hide. Jihyun laughed as he looked at Henry sensing his suspicion.

“I’m from Busan. I’m only here for vacation.” Jihyun explained and Henry grew even more suspicious of Jihyun. Crystal watched both friends sensing the tension between them.

“If you’re from Busan then how did you and Crystal meet? As far as I know Crystal has never been to Busan.” Henry asked as he watched Jihyun carefully. Jihuyn titled his head towards Henry as if challenging him.

“We met here in Jeju when me and my hyung were on vacation. She knew a friend of ours.” Jihyun explained as Henry nodded. The something clicked in his head as he realized who Jihyun resembled.

“Hyung? You have an older brother. You actually resemble someone we know in Seoul.” Henry said as he looked at Jihyun’s reaction. Jihyun knowing all too well where he was going with his statement he simply smiled. His brother had warned him ahead of time about Henry.

“You’re probably confusing me with someone else. I’ve been told I have a very common face. My hyung and I share very little similarities.” Jihyun said as Henry looked at him and shook his head.

“No, you really do look like him. What was Taehyung’s best friend’s name again? Park Jimin isn’t it? Yeah you look like Park Jimin’s younger brother. Your names are a big giveaway.” Henry challenged for Jihyun to try and come up with an excuse. Before Jihyun could even speak Crystal walked forward toward Henry and lightly grabbed his arm.

“Henry. I don’t feel well. Can you please walk me inside?” Crystal asked as Henry automatically diverted his attention towards Crystal. Henry nodded as he put his arm around Crystal and walked her toward the house. Crystal stopped halfway and turned towards Jihyun who was watching them.

“Good night, Jihyun. Get home safely and be careful.” Crystal said before Henry began to usher her forward. Jihyun continued to watch them carefully before speaking.

“Good night noona.” He said before she entered the house. Once they were inside Jihyun turned around and started walking home. He sighed deeply as he walked along the beach replaying his conversation with Henry. The image of Crystal holding onto Henry’s arm suddenly appeared before him and Jihyun ruffled his hair annoyed.

“I know I should be grateful for her doing that to help me, but I’d rather have gotten caught than see her being affectionate with that guy. It’s bad enough hearing her and Taehyung hyung’s relationship without seeing this too.” Jihyun mumbled to himself as he kicked the sand around him before getting to his hotel.

 

Jihyun entered his hotel suite that he shared with Jimin and Jungkook. He threw himself in the couch and closed his eyes trying to relax. Jimin walked out of the kitchen and made his way to the couches on the opposite side of the room. Jimin sat down as he looked at his younger brother’s exhausted face.

“Where were you Hyun?” Jimin asked as Jihyun opened his eyes rapidly and faced his older brother. Jihyun sighed and sat up as he looked at Jimin.

“You scared me. Can’t you make any noise when you’re walking? By the way where’s Jungkook?” Jihyun asked as he stared at his older brother. Jimin stared at his younger brother unamused before sighing.

“Shower. Where were you Jihyun?” Jimin repeated his question to his younger brother as Jihyun rolled his eyes before answering his older brother.

“I was with a friend.” Jihyun said as Jimin frowned at his brother’s respond. Before Jimin could speak again Jungkook came out of the bathroom and stopped once he sensed the tension between the two brothers. Jimin rubbed his face in frustration before looking at his younger brother.

“Hyun. You don’t have friends here. The only friends here are me and Jungkook. So I’m going to ask you again. Where were you, Jihyun?” Jimin impatiently asked his younger brother once more. Jihyun sighed annoyed with his older brother as well, but before he was able to answer Jungkook sat next to him.

“Don’t tell me you were with Crystal noona.” Jungkook said as Jimin’s eyes widened. Jimin quickly sat on the other side of his brother.

“Hyun were you with Crystal all day?” Jihyun looked from Jungkook to his older brother before nodding. Both boys eyes widened even more as they looked at Jihyun who was smiling recalling the memory.

“Did she suspect you? Did she run away? Did she even remember you?” Jungkook asked as Jihyun turned and faced him.

“I didn’t think she would remember me, but she did. She did suspect me once she remembered hyung was my brother, but I assured her we met on accident. She almost ran away, but after she calmed down she stayed.” Jihyun automatically turned to his older brother with excitement in his eyes before he spoke.

“Hyung she’s still the same. Even after all these years she’s still the same noona from before. She’s still nice, sweet, caring and she even-” Before Jihyun could even finish speaking Jimin interrupted his brother.

“Jihyun. We told you yesterday that we would do this your way so long as you call or text us where you were when you were with her. Remember Taehyung’s parents are here. What would you have done if her parents saw her here? She would be in even more danger. We can’t protect her against them. Only Taehyung can do that for her.” Jimin explained to his younger brother as Jihyun looked at him before frowning.

“I couldn’t do that. I told her neither you nor Taehyung knew where we were or that we met. If I called you or texted you I would’ve lied to her and I’ve never lied to her before. And I won’t do it now.” Jihyun said as he stood up and started walking away to the bathroom. Jimin sighed deeply before speaking which caused Jihyun to stop on his tracks.

“I know you care about her Jihyun. Ever since we met her through Taehyung you’ve always been with her. You grew attached to her and began liking her. As your older brother I knew what you felt back then and even now. When we found out she was died I knew how much you suffered. That’s why I avoided bringing you to Jeju or Seoul. I also know you haven’t gotten over her, but she likes Taehyung and Taehyung likes her too. Remember why we’re here Jihyun. We’re here to help Taehyung.” Jimin explained as he watched his younger brother’s back. He remained still before he took a deep breath.

“I know. I’m going to take a shower.” Jihyun said before walking into the bathroom leaving the two friends alone. Jimin leaned against the couch as he closed his eyes before sighing deeply. Jungkook looked at his hyung and sighed.

“Do you think letting Jihyun help us was a good idea?”Jungkook asked his hyung as Jimin slowly opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling for a long time before sitting up. Jimin looked at Jungkook and nodded.

“This is the only way he can move on. When we thought Crystal was dead Jihyun swore to never love anyone else. For 12 years he’s kept that secret. He like Taehyung have suffered every time on her death anniversary and birthday. I brought him here to help because I hope he’d move on. This is the best I can do for him. He’s my little brother and I want him to be happy, but Crystal likes Taehyung. I don’t want him to have hope for something that won’t happen just because he found out she’s alive. I should’ve stopped him when he was younger. I should’ve told him he was too young or something so he wouldn’t have suffered like he is now. I want to be a good big brother to him, but I also want to be a good friend to Taehyung. I want them happy but in order to do that one of them has to get hurt.” Jimin said as he looked at Jungkook once more who simply nodded at his hyung’s words. He knew what his hyung was telling him. Jungkook patted his hyung’s shoulder. Suddenly the water from the shower started running as both boys turned and faced the bathroom knowing Jihyun had heard everything they had said.


 

Hello readers

Am I a terrible author? I feel like I am. I’m sorry for the long wait. I’m graduating on June the 7th and I’ve been so busy with preparations and rehearsals. So I won’t update on the 7th but if I do it will be later that night after all the hassle has ended. I promise from now on I will be dedicated to this story for you all. I will end this story this summer so please keep supporting my story.