Chapter 20

Let's Play A Love Game

I woke up and looked around the room. The room was empty and no one was around me. I looked around and saw my left arm. I watched as my arm was bandaged up and laying there by my side. I looked up at the ceiling and sighed deeply. When I closed my eyes I saw my father's image. I could feel my tears pour out of me and I tried to calm down. As I managed to calm down I heard the door slide open. I opened my eyes and turned to my right as Taehyung came in with a tray of food. He looked up and smiled at me. I just stared at him and he made his way to my side. He set the tray down on the desk and helped me sit up. He set the tray on my lap and handed me the chopsticks.

"Are you okay eating on your own?" I looked at him and nodded. I grabbed the chopsticks and slowly began eating my rice. My hand was shaking slightly as I tried to calm down. Taehyung looked at me and I became even more nervous. After yesterday I became even more nervous around Taehyung. Then I looked at Taehyung.

"Have you been here since that day?" Taehyung looked at me and nodded. I nodded and looked back at my food. I ate a little bit of the rice and finally set my chopsticks down. Taehyung looked at me and stood up.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" I looked up at him and shook my head. Taehyung sat down beside me and grabbed my chopsticks. "Try eating more. You're going to need your strength in order to get better." Taehyung picked up side dish that was on my tray and held it infront of my mouth. I looked at him and he moved the chopsticks closer. "Open." I hesitated a little and opened my mouth. Taehyung fed me with a smile on his face. As he picked up a vegatable I quickly swallowed the side dish in my mouth to speak.

"Taehyung?" Taehyung stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "You don't have to be here and you don't have to do this." Taehyung set the chopsticks down gently and sighed deeply. He looked at me and we made eye contact.

"I don't pity you. At some point I did come to pity you and your situation, but I don't anymore. The reason I'm here is for other reasons. Not because of pity. Not because of the Love Game. I'm here because I want to be here. I'm here because I want to be by your side. If it's okay with you I want to stay by your side until you're recovered." I looked at him and in self shock I simply nodded. Taehyung smiled at me and took the tray away. He sat back down and I looked at him. He's been acting differently lately. Does he feel responsible? Why would he? Then I suddenly remembered my father's words before he disappeared.

"Have you been by my side this whole time?" Taehyung looked at me and he nodded. "Why?" I asked him. He looked at me for a while but never responded me. Almost like he wasn't sure himself or like he was trying to think of a reason. I sighed deeply and looked out the window. It was already night time. Did I sleep through the whole day? I looked at Taehyung as he was still thinking of something. "Aren't you tired?" Taehyung looked at me and as if not knowing what I meant I explained more. "Aren't you tired? You must be tired after constantly looking after me." Taehyung looked at me and smiled.

"I'm fine. Are you tired? I'll help you lay back down and turn down the lights for you." I shook my head and smiled wearily. Taehyung however helped me lay back down careful not to touch where I was injured. "You should rest more." He fluffed my pillow and looked at me. "Sleep." I nodded and tried to sleep again, but it was hopeless. I slowly opened my eyes and watched as Taehyung grabbed a blanket and pillow from the closet. He laid down in the floor and I stared up at the ceiling.

"Taehyung are you asleep?" I asked in a whisper afraid I'd wake him if he was asleep. I heard a slight muffle from the floor before Taehyung spoke.

"No. Why aren't you asleep?" I tried to move to my left side so he'd be able to hear me more clearly, but it hurt. I groaned softly and gave up trying to lay on my left side. I took a deep breath hoping it would ease my pain a little bit, but it didn't.

"There's so much on my mind right now that I can't sleep." I finally said. I heard more muffling and I turned my head slightly in Taehyung's direction. He was now sitting up and looking at me.

"What's on your mind?" I looked at him for a long time wondering if I should really tell him. I took a deep breath and finally gave in.

"My father." Taehyung stood up from the floor and walked over to my bed. He sat on the edge of my bed and looked down at me.

"What about your father?" He asked in a whisper. I frowned slightly as I tired to recall everything, but only remembered bits and pieces.

"When I was unconscious I dreamed of my father. I was in a dark place and he was in a bright place. I wasn't able to reach him at first because he pushed me away. When I was able to reach him I was so happy. I wanted nothing more than to be with him. He hugged me, teased me, and kissed my forehead. I was truly happy, but everytime I close my eyes all I see is him. Then I see him slowly fading away from me." I stopped speaking and tried to keep my tears in. Taehyung grabbed my hand and patted my hand gently. I looked at him and he smiled sweetly. Strangely enough Taehyung has been smiling more often.

"Do you want me to sleep with you?" Taken aback I looked at Taehyung. He suddenly became embarressed and cleared his throat. "I mean in the same bed. I mean just in case it helps you sleep...What I meant to say was-" I smiled without knowing and nodded. Taehyung looked at me and smiled. He stood up and walked around my bed. I moved over and laid on my right side. Taehyung laid on his left side and looked at me. He carefuly lefted my head and put his hand under my head. I laid my head down on his arm and smiled. Then with his other hand he placed my left bandaged hand on his side for it to rest. I looked at him and he smiled shyly. "It's better for your hand so it doesn't become worse. Get some sleep." I nodded and closed my eyes trying to get some sleep.

                     •                                                                    •                                                                     •

I watched as Crystal laid beside me frowning slightly. I took my index finger and touched the middle of Crystal's frown. Slowly her frown disappeared and she fell fast asleep. I sighed softly as I thought about what Crystal said and what the doctor said.

"When I was unconscious I dreamed of my father. I was in a dark place and he was in a bright place. I wasn't able to reach him at first because he pushed me away. When I was able to reach him I was so happy. I wanted nothing more than to be with him. He hugged me, teased me, and kissed my forehead. I was truly happy, but everytime I close my eyes all I see is him. Then I see him slowly fading away from me."

I closed my eyes and thought of what the doctor told me yesterday before Crystal woke up.

                     •                                                                    •                                                                     •

I paced back and forth infront of the operation doors. Then suddenly the doctor came out and I walked over to him.

"How's Crystal?" The doctor sighed at first and then removed his mask.

"Miss Crystal is stable for now." He said. I frowned slightly and questioned him since I didn't understand what he meant.

"What do you mean by for now?" The doctor sighed and motioned for me to sit. I sat down and the doctor sat down beside me.

"The reason for why Miss Crystal's heart rate dropped like that was because of her. Miss Crystal's health is stable and she should be awake already but she refuses. There's something that she values more than life. Something more that she isn't willing to keep fighting. She's given up. If she continues like this I don't think we can be able to save her. She's already given up on her life. I'm sorry." The doctor stood up and patted by shoulder. I sat there in self shock and disbelief. She had given up? She doesn't want to continue living?

                     •                                                                    •                                                                     •

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at Crystal sleeping peacefully. I moved some loose strands of hair from Crystal's face and smiled. Then my smile slowly faded as I thought of everything all over again.

"Did you really give up on living? Was living not important to you? Were you willing to leave everyone behind for your father? Even me? Am I really no one to you, Crystal?" I stared at her face as my heart ached. My chest felt suffocated as I thought of never seeing Crystal again. I placed my hand gently on her cheek and leaned foreward. Without thinking I kissed Crystal on the lips. I backed away slightly and looked at her beautiful face. "I like you, Crystal." I whispered.


Hello readers~

I'm sorry for another short chapter. I've literally written this chapter a million times because of my laptop. I may be late updating more because of my laptop and I have no other computer or device to update with. I promise to update more before I leave on my family trip next week on Thursday.