Chapter 21

Let's Play A Love Game

I woke up and had to blink a few times to clear my vision. I saw Taehyung's sleeping face a few inches away from mine. I gulped quietly as I tried to move further away from him, but Taehyung pulled me closer into his arms. I tensed up as he lay there sound asleep. I looked at his face and realized we were so close if either one of us moved our lips would touch. Not wanting to risk that I stayed as still as possible. I looked at Taehyung's face and noticied how peacefully he was sleeping. I've never seen Taehyung this peaceful. Then again I have never seen Taehyung in a peaceful state of mind unless he was with his friends. I stared at his eyebrows and slowly made my way to his eye lids. From his eyelids I made my way down his nose and stopped at his lips. Just simply being this close and looking at his lips made my heart race. Why am I like this? Am I coming down with a cold? Or could it be? No way! Don't tell me I like Taehyung.

"Are you awake?" Surprised by Taehyung's question I looked up at him. He looked down at me and smiled. My heart raced louder and I backed away from him almost falling off the bed. Taehyung caught me with his right hand and pulled me in closer to him. I laid still in his arms and tried to calm down. "You could've fallen off." I didn't say anything and then his phone rang. Taehyung got up and answered his phone.

"Hello? Really? That's great news. Okay. Yeah. Thanks hyungs." Taehyung hung up and looked at me with a bright smile on his face.

"Did something good happen?" I asked as he helped me sit up. Taehyung nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed beside me.

"You don't have to worry about Sungjong anymore. My hyungs gathered witnesses and they told the teacher about what he did to you. The displine commity held a meeting with him and the girls who attacked you. Sungjong was forced to transfer to a different school and the girls who attacked you will be punished. The guys who came and trashed your house are under arrest and won't be coming out anytime soon. You don't have to worry about them anymore. They won't hurt you. I won't let anyone hurt you again, Crystal." Taehyung grabbed my hand and held it in between both his hands. He smiled at me and I found myself smiling back at him too. Then I remembered something.

"Aren't you going to school?" Taehyung looked at me surprised by my question and then chuckled to himself.

"I'm not leaving here until you're discharged from the hospital. I want to make sure nothing more happens to you." I looked at Taehyung and frowned slightly. Taehyung chuckled again. "I am excused from school since I'm your boyfriend. Plus it gives me time to finish some homework I haven't even started." He began to laugh and I playfully nudged him with my elbow.

"Yah. Kim Taehyung are you using me being in the hospital just to finish your homework?" I teased at him while smiling. Taehyung ruffled my hair and laughed more.

"Its a win win situation for me to be honest." He said as I glared at him playfully. He ruffled my hair again as he looked at me.

"How exactly is it a win win situation for you?" I asked him as he thought about it. Then he looked at me before speaking. 

"Well for one part I finish my homework without having points taken off and I get to see you all day." He said as he smiled at me with a bright smile that I have never seen before. It was a charming smile. One that made my heart skip a beat and race at the same time. I looked down and noticed we were still holding hands. I pulled my hand away and looked at Taehyung who was staring at me.

"You better get started then. I'm going to take a nap." Taehyung looked at me concerned for a bit and then smiled weakly. I laid down and sighed deeply. I laid on my right side so my back would be turned towards Taehyung. What was wrong with me? Why am I acting this way? I closed my eyes shut trying to forget everything but then Taehyung spoke.

"Are you dense or are you pretending like you don't know?" I slowly opened my eyes and frowned slightly. Was he on the phone or was he talking to me? I didn't know which it was so I remained still. "Crystal do you really not know that I like you?" Every inch of my body froze. Taehyung likes me? I laid there for a moment trying to process what Taehyung just said. I could hear my heart racing faster than ever before. "I like you, Crystal. Ever since that day you were talking to that Henry guy about accepting my money instead of his, but I was always in denial. Then when you hit Sungjung I knew that I liked you. Couldn't you tell? When I was mad I was actually jealous? When I acted like it was all for the game I was actually afraid to confess to you. When you ignore me I felt like dying inside. When you quit trying to live I felt like the whole world came crashing down on me. Am I really nothing to you?" My heart raced faster and I quietly took a deep breath. I slowly turned around to face Taehyung who seemed surprised. 

"For someone who's always calm and cool you don't seem very calm right now." Taehyung looked at me and then smiled. I smiled back at him as he looked at me.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked me. I looked at him and nodded.

                                               •                                            •                                       •

Taehyung and I walked outside in the hospital's garden. I took a deep breath and smiled as I took in the fresh air. We continued to walk around when I suddenly felt someone grab onto my hand. I looked up and saw Taehyung happily holding onto my hand. Taehyung looked at me and smiled.

"I've already confessed so I have nothing more to lose." He stared at me for a while before smiling to himself. "Except you of course." I looked up at him and then I looked ahead not sure of how to respond. "Even if you reject me or accept me I'll continue to hold your hand and stay by your side. So don't think about getting rid of me, because I don't plan on leaving your side." I looked back at him as he smiled cutely at me. My heart began to race again and I had to look away. We continued to walk for a bit more and then we sat down on a bench. I looked at Taehyung before I spoke.

"Taehyung. It's not that I doubt your words or anything." I stopped myself and looked down. I knew what I was going to say was going to come off as a misunderstanding. That was the last thing I wanted. As if reading my mind Taehyung faced me and grabbed both my hands in his. I looked up at him.

"I know it must be hard to believe me since we're still in the Love Game, but I really do like you, Crystal. That's why I'm not going to lie to you. I've told all the other girls that I like them and I've kissed them before, but I never felt anything for them. I know that sounds terrible and it is. The me from before was so empty inside that I felt like humilating girls was the only thing that could help take some of the pain away. My hyungs always told me to stop but I wouldn't listen. After those girls confessed to me I felt even worse inside, but I didn't stop. A part of me back then hoped that I would come across a girl who would beat me at my own game and I'm happy that girl is  you, Crystal. Because of you I feel like a different person. That's why I'm willing to confess to the class that I fell for you. So if you'll let me I want to start being an actual boyfriend to you." I looked at Taehyung for a long time and finally decided to respond.

"I'm not sure yet about how I feel about you, Taehyung." Taehyung looked at me defeated and he took a deep breath. "So in the mean time we can give it a chance and see if I can figuare it out. So until then you aren't allowed to confess to the whole class until I can sort out my feelings." Taehyung looked up and smiled brightly. I smiled at him as Taehyung cupped my face and quickly kissed my lips. I froze in place as Taehyung backed away. He noticied my expression and smiled weakly.

"Sorry. I got excited. Sorry." He said and I smiled softly towards him. He stood up in front of me and extended his hand out toward me. I happily took it and we walked back into the hospital hand in hand. I wasn't sure if the reason why my heart was always racing was because of fear or because I like Taehyung but I was determined to find out. Everything Taehyung told me sounded sincere and a small part of me was happy to hear that he liked me. I just needed time to figuare everything out. Once I was able to figuare everything out then I could answer to Taehyung's confession properly. Is Taehyung the person my father was talking about? The person who has been waiting for me? The person who was calling out me the whole time I was unconscious. Then I remembered Taehyung's words saying how he felt the world come crashing down on him because I stopped fighting for my life. I sighed deeply.

"Taehyung?" I asked as we were walking inside the empty hallway. Taehyung turned to look at me as we continued to walk. "I'm sorry for making you worry like that and for not fighting to live." I said almost in a whisper. Taehyung stopped walking and so did I. He looked at me and smiled sweetly.

"It's okay. Everything is okay now that you're alive. As long as you're alive and well I'm okay." I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. Taehyung cupped my face and kissed my forehead. I felt my face get warmer as Taehyung held onto my hand again. "Let's go so you can get some rest." I nodded and we walked back into my room where I rested while Taehyung finished his homework.


Hello lovely readers~

Here's another update for you all. I'm sorry it's updated so late. My laptop was giving me a hard time again. I think I need a new one. Anyways I have some news. This up coming weekend I will be at the beach and may not update on that given day. Starting Thursday of next week I will be on a short haitus as I go on my family trip. I will try to update up to 5 new chapters  to makeup for the days that I will be away. Depending on what needs to be done throughout the following week that is. I hope you all understand. If I can access a computer to update during my trip I promise I will.