Chapter 11

Let's Play A Love Game

I sat on my bed and touched my lips. Remembering the kiss from yesterday sent a chill on my spine that made me shiver. I shook my head and pushed those thoughts away. No, it wasn't a kiss. We both fell and our lips just happened to touch. I shook my head again and sighed. I got up from my bed and stared at the hospital room. There was nothing to do. I walked over to the window and stared out to the streets. I stared at my hand and sighed again. Ever since I agreed to play The Love Game things have been getting complicated for me. Then out of no where I began coughing uncontrollably. Oh no! I caught Taehyung's cold. If it wasn't for that ki- that accident I wouldn't have gotten his cold. I sneezed and I instantly felt weak again. Great!

"It looks like you caught my cold." I turned around and saw Taehyung smiling at me. I felt my face get warmer and I looked away. I began coughing uncontrollably again to the point where I had to hunch over. Taehyung came to my side and rubbed my back. I felt another chill run over my spine. I instantly stood up straight and moved away from Taehyung. He looked at me for a long time before he spoke.

"Sorry. The nurse told me when I have cough attacks that rubbing your back helps calm it down." I looked at him and nodded as I made my way to my bed. I sat on the edge and didn't say a word or look at Taehyung. I couldn't look him in the eyes. Not after the accident. It wasn't considered a kiss, but if it was that was my first kiss. I shook my head. No it wasn't a kiss. It was an accident.

"I came to see you since I've been discharged. My cold went away after-" He stopped talking and I faced him with wide eyes. I could feel my cheeks get warmer and yet my hands were freezing cold. I looked away as Taehyung faced me. I grabbed my hands and tried to keep them from trembling.

"I'm fine. You shouldn't go home. Your parents must be worried about you." Taehyung didn't say anything. I looked at him as he faced the window and then he looked at me.

"That's not important. I should stay here with you since I'm the reason you've got that cold. Besides if I leave now and your mom realizes we aren't together she'll be worried." Before I could protest or argue his phone rang. He reached for his phone and smiled. He answered it and I stared at him.

"Hello? Mrs. Lee?"

"Yes it's Taehyung."

"Crystal?"

"She's here."

"Yes I'm feeling much better thanks to Crystal."

"Of course."

"Yes."

"Thank you." He handed me his phone and I stared at it for a long time before I took it.

"Mom?

"Crystal dear. How is Taehyung? I feel like he's only saying he's fine so I won't worry." I smiled at my mothers' comment.

"Mom. He's fine I promise. He really is getting better."

"That's a relief. How are you? Have you eaten yet?"

"I'm fine mom. I've-" I stopped midway remembering Taehyung was beside me. I couldn't lie with him beside me. He'd know and he'd probably lecture me about it. I looked at him as he held up two bags with food in it. I smiled and looked away.

"I'm about to eat."

"That's good. Make sure Taehyung gets lots of fluids and doesn't eat anything too hard and solid. Only soft foods and easy to process foods. That helps with fluids. Make sure you eat a lot too. I wouldn't want you getting sick either. Take care."

"You too, mom. Tell Kimmy I'll be home soon and that unnie says hi."

"I will. Good bye sweetie. Tell Taehyung to take care."

"I will bye, mom."

I hung up and stared at the phone smiling. Nothing made me happier than to hear my mother's voice.

"I knew talking to your mom would cheer you up." Suddenly remembering that Taehyung was there with me I looked up at him as he took everything out of the bags.

"I like your mom. She's caring and sweet." He continued to unpack everything without looking at me. He likes my mother? I thought that was an act. I guess my mother made a huge impact on him than I thought.

"Aren't all mothers caring and sweet?" I asked him curiously. Taehyung stopped unpacking and looked up at me. We stared at each other for a long time before he looked away.

"You'd be surprised how many mothers are the exact oppisite of your mother." He went back to unpacking and I continued to stare at him.

"Is your mother one of them?" I asked without thinking and Taehyung stopped what he was doing again. He didn't say anything and he didn't look at me. I was about to apologize but he spoke first.

"I forgot the drinks. I'll be back." Taehyung got up and walked out of the room. Feeling guilty about asking him what I did I sighed and looked down. I stared at the food and saw drinks laying on the bed next to the snacks Taehyung brought with him. I sighed deeply feeling worse about asking him such a personal question. Then suddenly I heard a knock on the door and I looked up.

"Taehyung!" I quickly said as I looked up to see Songjung with flowers in his hands. I stared at him for a while before speaking.

"Songjung." He smiled at me sheepishly. I straightened up as he walked into the room.

"Sorry I'm not the person you were expecting." He set the flowers he brought on the little table next to me. He sat in the chair beside my bed where Taehyung had sat before he left. I pushed the food to the side and sat on the edge of the bed.

"It's not that. I just wasn't expecting you to come see me." Songjung cleared and looked at me before he spoke.

"When I heard you were in the hospital because of your hand I felt bad. So I decided to come and see how you were doing." I nodded but avoided eye contact with Songjung. After his confession at his house I still felt uncomfortable being near him again.

"Thank you for coming to visit me. I'm actually feeling a lot better." I bit my bottom lip and held onto my hands. Being near him and alone like this made me feel even more uncomfortable.

"That;s not the only reason I came." He didn't say anything after that and then I suddenly I felt his hand touch the side of my face. I instantly looked up and I felt my face get warmer and warmer.

"I like you, Crystal." Was all he said before he leaned in and kissed me. I sat there in shock. I didn't know what to do. I closed my eyes and the second I did Songjung lips' disappeared. I opened my eyes and saw Taehyung's back. I looked at the floor and saw Songjung sitting on the floor holding his cheek.

"If you ever touch or get near Crystal again I'll personally finish what I started back in school!" I stared at Taehyung and then at Songjung. I didn't know what to do or what to say.

                                            •                                                  •                                            •

We sat in silence after Taehyung kicked Songjung from my room. I stared at my food without eating it. After everything that happened Taehyung and I haven't talked. Honestly I don't think I could talk to him. Everything was just so complicated and confusing. Songjung confessiong to me publically was the last thing I expected. Songjung kissing me and Taehyung hitting him was something I never expected. I stared at the pudding cup Taehyung bought for me. I didn't want to be in this game anymore. Everyday just seems to be more problematic with Taehyung near.

"You should at least try and eat even if-"

"Leave." I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. I stared at the pudding cup in my hands and avoided his eyes. I could feel his gaze on me but I didn't look up.

"Crystal." Was all he said before I got up and walked towards the door. I opened the door and held it open.

"Leave." I avoided eye contact with Taehyung. I didn't want to see him right now. There was so much going on that having Taehyung near was making me feel suffocated. I didn't want anymore problems. I heard Taehyung get up and walk towards me. He stopped in front of me and finally walked out. He stood infront of the door as I closed it. I leaned against the door and took a deep breath.

"Crystal can we talk about what's bothering you?" I sat on the floor leaning against the door.

"Leave." Was all I said. How could I possibly talk to him about everything happening to me. First, I injured my hand. Then, I find out I'm working as Songjung's maid. Next, I end up in the hospital. Then, we kissed and he stole my first kiss. Finally, Songjung confesses to me publicly and kisses me. I couldn't take any of this anymore. I'd rather work 10 jobs to pay for everything we need than to go another day playing The Love Game with Taehyung.