Chapter 24

Let's Play A Love Game

Taehyung and I were walking in the hospital's garden hand in hand. Taehung was talking about how nice the weather was, but all I could think about was what Henry told me yesterday. Run away together? How was I suppose to answer to something like that? Why would he want to runaway so suddenly? Did something happen? Did something happen to Mr. Lee? I heard he's been on stake outs lately. Is that why he wants to runaway? What about Bomi, Naeun and Taemin? How would they react knowing we've disappeared? What about Taehyung? How would he feel knowing I left without a trace without answering to his confession properly? This was all too sudden.

"Crystal?" Taehyung's voice broke my deep thoughts. I looked up at him as he looked at me worried. "Are you in pain?" He asked and I shook my head. He was worried. How worried would he be when if I runaway with Henry without a word. "Is something bothering you?" He asked me again and stopped walking to face me. I stopped too and looked at Taehyung. I couldn't tell him what was bothering me or what I was thinking.

"I'm just tired." I said. Taehyung looked at me supiciously before he slowly nodded.

"Should we go back inside?" He asked and I thought about it.

"You can go inside first. I just want to get more fresh air before I go back inside. I just want to be alone and clear my mind." I said trying not to be supicious. Taehyung looked at me for a long time before nodding respectively. He kissed my forehead before letting go of my hand. He walked into the hospital before I took out my phone. I dialed Henry's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" Henry's voice became audiable after one ring. I bit my bottom lip before I spoke. Fully prepared to do what I felt was right.

"Henry-ah." I said as I tried to figuare out how I was going to tell him my decision. I had to do what was fair for Henry.

"Crystal? Is something wrong?" I tried to speak but not a sound came out from my mouth. I looked down and sighed deeply. Suddenly regretting my decision. "Is it about what I said yesterday?" He asked and I nodded. Henry was always good when it came to guessing.

"When do I have to give you an answer?" I asked completely cowarding out of agreeing to runaway with him. Henry as if knowing that I cowarded out sighed deeply through the phone before he answered.

"Until you're discharged." He simply said and I nodded knowing me couldn't see me through the phone.

"I'll give you an answer then." I said back to him. Of course I had to make it up to Hery for all he did for me, but running away the only option? It seemed too sudden for me. Everything was too sudden.

"Okay. I have to go now, Class is about to start. I'll call you later. Take care and don't skip any meals." I smiled instantly after hearing Henry's caring words. He still worried about me. It was only natural that I repay his favor for always being there for me. Henry hung up his phone and I did too as I put it away. I turned around and walked back inside the hospital.

                                                       •                                                                 •                                                          •

I walked inside the hospital and waited until Crystal turned around to go back outside. She had been acting strange lately and I was worried. I watched her from behind a tree a few meters away from her. She pulled out her phone and dialed someone. I waited to see who it was and what she was saying.

"Henry-ah." I frowned slightly. She was calling Henry? For what? Why would she be calling Henry after I left? I pushed these thoughts away for the moment and tried to listen. "When do I have to give you an answer?" She asked. I frowned again. Answer? Answer for what? What does Crystal have to answer Henry to? "I'll give you an answer then." She said. I looked at her. She was going to give him an answer? When? I watched as Crystal smiled and I suddenly became uneasy. I watched as Crystal put her phone away and walked back inside the hospital. What was going on? I finally decided to walk back into the hospital and walked into Crystal's room just as she was sitting down. She turned around to face me as I closed the door behind me.

"I thought you left." Crystal said and I walked over to her side. She sat up her bed and I sat on the edge. I grabbed her hands afraid if I didn't she'd disappear. As if sensing my fear she grabbed onto my hands as well.

"Like I told you before. I'm not leaving your side until you get discharged." I said as I smiled weakly towards her. She looked up at me and smiled back. Then as quickly as the smile came it faded as if Crystal remembered something unpleasant. Seeing her so depressed made my heart ache. I decided to change the topic to avoid seeing her like this. "There's something I've been wondering about." Crystal looked at me and I tried to think of something. "Why is your name Crystal?" I asked realizing how stupid it sounded as soon as I asked it. But I knew Crystal was always the happiest when she was talking about her family. Crystal smiled at the thought.

"I was born in America so my parents wanted to me to adapt better by giving me an American name. As the years passed and my family moved to Korea. My father loved my American name more than any other name out there. So my parents decided to keep my American name. Everyone knows me by that name. Hardly no one calls me by my Korean name, but I do have one." Crystal looked at me with a sparkle in her eyes as she talked about her past. "My parents moved to Korea a few months before we found out my mother was pregnant with Kimmy. They gave me the name Lee Minji, but decided Crystal suited me better." She said and I nodded. I suddenly became very curious about Crystal and her family.

"What about your sister, Kimmy? Is her name the same situation as yours?" I asked completely curious while Crystal laughed. I didn't expect to hear that soft laugh again for a while.

"Actually since Kimmy was born in Korea my parents gave her a Korean name. She's always been known by her Korean name. Everyone knows her as Lee Minah. The reason why we call her Kimmy was through my father. Kimmy as a young baby would always grab everything in site. So my father would always tell her "Gimme. Gimme." As a result Kimmy would respond with "Kimmy. Kimmy." Trying to repeat what my father said in English. After that day we've called her Kimmy, but only my mother, father and I call her Kimmy. Everyone else calls her Minah." She explained. I nodded understanding her and couldn't help but laugh.

"Minji." I said more to myself than to Crystal. Crystal looked at me as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. I looked up at her and smiled. "I like it." I said and Crystal smiled. "Tell me about your dad. I'm curious as to what he was like." Crystal looked at me for a long time before smiling once again.

"My father loved us dearly. He always thought of us before he thought of himself. He only wanted the best for us. When he heard of a great job opportunity in Korea he took it after talking with my mother. He would always be busy, but he always made time for us. I remember he was close with his boss and his family. They'd always treat us for dinner and I got along with their son. He was about my age and they were expecting another baby, We'd always be at their house. They liked my father but then one day it all changed. My father's boss's wife died after giving birth to her second on. My father stopped taking us over and soon we moved to where we live now. Shortly afterwards my father changed with us. He constantly argued with my mother and stopped being home. Kimmy had been born for a while and then one night I heard my father telling my mother he wanted the divorce. Since then I had hated my father and then he died. I regretted the hateful actions I felt towards him. He was only trying to protect us." She said as her voice cracked. She fought back tears and I rubbed her back. Everything she said ached me more than I imagined. Some how it seemed similar to me.