Chapter 7

Let's Play A Love Game

I got off the car in a rush and headed towards my door. I began knocking frantically but no one answered. I looked at the window and saw how pitch black it was. Oh no! I turned around and looked at the streets. It's so dark out already. Taehyung approached me and grabbed my arm.

"Crystal what's wrong?" I looked at him for a long time and then faced the car as everyone got out the car with their bags. I ran towards them and saw my bag in the front seat of the car. I took it and got my phone. 17 missed calls from Eomma <3. My heart dropped and I began to dial my mother impatiently waiting for her to answer.

"The number you are attempting to call is not in service please hang up and call again." I hung up and dialed again only to reveive the same message. I bit my bottom lip and began dialing another number. Taehyung and his friends looked at me worried.

"Crystal what's wrong? Did something happen to your mother?" I faced Taehyung and without knowing I became extremely annoyed and angry with his presence. I gripped my cell phone tightier as I waited for the person on the other line to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Henry? Thank goodness you answered. I need your help. Please come to my house quickly. I don't know what else to do or who else to rely on." I was on the verge of tears but I didn't want Taehyung and his friends to see me cry.

"Okay! I'm on my way! Don't move from there! I'll be there in five minutes! Wait for me Crystal!" All I did was nod as he hung up. I kept the phone by my ear for a while longer. Then I slowly dropped it to my side.

"You don't know who to rely on? What about us? We're also here to help you Crystal." I looked at Taehyung and once again my anger began to boil. It was all his fault. It was always his fault. Every non-good thing that has happened to me was because of him. I should've never agreed to his stupid game in the first place.

"Rely on you? Do you think I'm that stupid? If you really want to help me then start by leaving!" Taehyung and his friends looked at me surprised. No one said anything for a while and then Taehyung's face darkened.

"What's wrong with you? We only want to help you? Why are you yelling at me!?"

"What's wrong with me? I'll tell you what's wrong with me! You're what's wrong! Ever since I agreed to your stupid game nothing but bad things have been happening to me! Why won't you leave me alone already!"

"Crystal!" Taehyung and his friends looked behind me and I turned around. Just as I turned around Henry hugged me tightly. I began to cry then. Everything I was holding in released in a single embrace. Henry looked at Taehyung with his friends.

"What did you do to Crystal!?" Taehyung smirked and looked away in disbelief. He looked at Henry with hatred before he responded.

"What did I do? I did -" I looked at Henry and pulled his shirt lightly for him to focus his attention on me. Henry looked at me and his gaze softened.

"Please. I just want to go." Taehyung stopped talking and looked at me. Henry smiled faintly and nodded. He pulled me away and we started walking towards the street.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

After dropping off my friends I drove back to my house. What was her deal? I was only trying to help her and she lashed out on me. She even called him when I was in front of her. What's so good about him anyway? What could he possibly have that I don't? I was far better for Crystal than he was. I pulled off to the side of the road and thought about what I was thinking. Why did I care if them? It's not like it bothers me that they are together. Or does it? No, I don't care if he likes her or if she likes him- I could feel my blood boiling with the thought of Crystal liking him. He's not great anyway. I was far from angry and as I was about to pull out back into the road 2 moving figures caught my eye. I rolled down my window as watched as Crystals' mother and a little girl were walking by. What is her mother doing all the way out here? Who's that little girl who's with her? I opened my door and stepped out of the car. She looked far too exhausted to continue walking. I watched for coming cars and crossed the road leaving my car behind. I walked behind them as they continued walking.

"Mrs. Lee?" I jogged towards them as they turned around. Mrs. Lee turned around and smiled tiredly. I smiled at her and the little girl who looked a lot like Crystal. Could this little girl be-

"Taehyung dear what are you doing here this late?" My thoughts were cut off when Mrs. Lee started talking. I looked away from the little girl and faced Mrs. Lee. I smiled at her and bowed respectfully towards her.

"I was on my way home after dropping off some friends. Mrs. Lee do you have an errand around here? I'll gladly give you and this little cutie a ride if you'd like." Mrs. Lee smiled at me again as she turned to look at the little girl who was hiding behind her.

"Kimmy, sweetie. Greet this young man. He's Crystal's boyfriend." The little girl looked at Mrs. Lee and then faced me before looking up at her mother again.

"This is Crystal unnie's boyfriend?" Unnie? That means this little girl is Crystal's little sister? She never mentioned having a little sister before. I've never seen her before either.

"Yes, sweetie. Now go ahead and greet him." I watched as the little girl bowed towards me and I smiled.

"Hello. I'm Lee Kimmy. Crystal's little sister." I squatted down and looked at Kimmy. She looked identical to Crystal. Her blue clear eyes and long lashes. Her clear pale skin and rosy cheeks completely identical to Crystal's facial features. I smiled at her and patted her head.

"Hello, Kimmy. I'm Taehyung. It's nice to finally meet you. You look just like Crystal. Beautiful and charming. You must have inheriated those traits from your mother." I watched as Kimmy blushed lightly and smiling happily by my compliments. Even her smile was identical to Crystal's beautiful smile. I stood up and looked at Crystal's mother.

"My offer still stands."

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

I stopped midway down the street to catch my breath. I looked around for Kimmy and my mom, but they were no where to be seen. My heart was racing and I was growing more and more anxious. Mom. Kimmy. Where did you two go off to? Just then my phone rang and hopeful that it was Henry calling to give me news on my mother I took out my phone and looked at the caller ID. TAEHYUNG. Showed up on my screen. I rolled my eyes and ignored his call. I continued searching when I grew irrated that Taehyung kept calling me over and over again. I finally gave in and answered the phone.

"What do you want now?"

"Crystal?" My heart leaped out of my chest and my eyes started to water. My whole body was shaking and I fought hard to try to steady my voice.

"Mom? Is that you?"

"Yes, sweetie it's me."

"Mom where are you? What happened? Are you okay?"

"Sweetie we're fine. We were walking to your last job to see if you were there when Taehyung offered to take us home. He told us everything. We're on our way home. Would you like Taehyung to pick you up?" I was left speechless. My mother and little sister were okay. Nothing happened to them. I was beyond happy and grateful. I completely forgot about my mother being on the other line. I was about to answer her question when I heard Taehyung's voice.

"I'll be waiting by the bus stop near your cafe shop. Meet us there and I'll take you all home." Before I could respond he hung up on me. I stared at my phone for a while longer. So many questions filled my head but I shook them away and ran to the cafe where I work.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

I waited outside my car as I leaned against it. Why was I helping her out anyway? She yelled at me a while ago and left with him. Did she think I would forgive her for doing something like that? I began to get irrated again. I watched as Crystal looked anxiously for us. As annoyed as I was Crystal's mother was watching. I raised my hand and faced in Crystal's direction.

"Yo Crystal!" I watched as Crystal turned in my direction and ran towards me. I stood up and eager to show my anger towards her I crossed my arms. She ran towards me and I could see the tears in her eyes. I instantly dropped my arms from my chest. She ran up to me and hugged me which caught me off guard. I stood there motionless, but could feel my heart beat racing through my chest.

"Thank you, Taehyung. Thank you so much for finding my mom and little sister. I don't know how to repay you." Taken completely by surprise I stared at Crystal. My heart was pounding through my chest and I felt a strange sensation throughout my body. I lifted my arms to hug her back when the front door from the passenger seat opened. I immediately dropped my arms as Crystal backed away to look at her mother. She ran to her side and I rubbed the back of my neck.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

I leaned against my car as I watched Crystal and her family head inside to their house. Crystal stopped infront of their house and looked back at me. Somehow her looking at me made me feel uneasy. I looked down and avoided eye contact. What was wrong with me? I am the one who makes others feel uncomfortable not the other way around.

"Taehyung?" I heard Crystal's soft shaken voice and I looked up. I made eye contact with her beautiful blue eyes. I cleared my throat to make sure my voice didn't come off shaky.

"Yeah?" Crystal stared at me for a long time before she spoke. Even as she spoke her voice remained soft and shaky. She fought back tears as she spoke as well.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for yelling at you. I was nervous and scared that I lashed out on you. I shouldn't have done that to you especially since you tried to help me. I didn't mean what I said. I was really angry at myself for forgetting to contact my mom. She and Kimmy mean the world to me and I'd hate if anything happened to them. I guess I was so scared I did what I normally do and called Henry even when you were there with your friends. Thank you, Taehyung for everything." Before I could respond she smiled at me and I felt that strange sensation again. I cleared my throat and looked at her.

"I'm sorry too for yelling back at you. I should've known you were worried about them. Next time call me if anything happens. I'll come rushing to help." Crystal stared at me for a while longer and finally smiled happily. I had to look away and stood up.

"I'll see you later then." Crystal smiled and nodded towards me. I nodded back and got into my car. What the hell was wrong with me?