Chapter 28

Let's Play A Love Game

I watched Taehyung walk outisde and stop on the top step. He turned around and looked up towards my room. For a moment we looked at each other before he turned around and left. I sighed deeply as I walked back over to my bed. Taehyung was probably upset with me. After seeing him so close to me when I woke up I panicked. I wasn't able to tell him that I liked him. To be honest after last night when I said it I was almost sure it wouldn't come out properly. It wasn't until last night that I knew that I liked Taehyung. I sat on my bed thinking everything over and the more anxious I became. I had to tell Taehyung that I liked him again so he won't think that what I said last night was just a dream. I bit my bottom lip slowly and nodded. As soon as Taehyung comes back I'll tell him. It was only fair if I let him know how I feel after everything he has done for me. He stayed by my side ever since I came to the hospital. Once I leave the hospital I'll have to treat Taehyung's friends too. Thanks to them they have kept both my mother and Kimmy calm. I'll also treat my friends since they've been so worried about me. I smiled at the thought of all of us being together as a group, but my smile slowly faded away as I remembered what Henry told me. That's right. Henry wants us to run away as soon as I'm discharged. How am I suppose to tell him that I don't want to run away because of Taehyung? How do I tell Henry that I want to stay here with Taehyung? I wasn't sure how I'd do it but I had to tell Henry that I wasn't going to run away with him. That I was staying here in Seoul with Taehyung and my family. Suddenly I heard the door open and without thinking I responded as I turned around to face the person coming inside.

"Taehyung." I said as I smiled at him only to meet Jimin's face instead. I stared at Jimin as my smile deflated a bit. "Jimin." I said with a little less emotion than I had intended. Jimin simply chuckled at my reaction and closed the door behind him. 

"Sorry I'm not the person you were expecting." He said with a smile on his face. I shook my head and smiled towards him as he took a seat on the chair next to me. 

"I'm glad you came, Jimin." Jimin looked at me surprised as I laughed to myself. "With everyone in school the only person I see is Taehyung. It's nice to see other people too." I said not realizing what I had said could be misinterpreted. Slowly realizing my mistake I bit my bottom lip slowly as I looked at Jimin. His expression was a little less cheerful and more serious. Realizing that I had to tell Jimin that I liked Taehyung I tried to clear my mistake. "Then again with Taehyung being gone from my side feels strange. I've gotten so used to his presence that times like these when he leaves to go get drinks or food makes me feel lonely. I guess that's what a person feels like when the person they like isn't near them." I said and quickly looked away. Already embarressed by what I had said I was too shy to look at Jimin. 

"You like Taehyung?" Jimin asked me and I stayed quiet for a bit. I sighed deeply and turned to face Jimin. Afraid I wouldn't be avle to say it I simply nodded. Jimin's serious expression changed to a more cheerful expression. He smiled so brightly that he even eye smiled. Seeing him like that I ended up smiling too without knowing. "I have to about this." He said as he reached over for his phone. I quickly stopped him by grabbing onto his hand. Jimin looked at me and I smiled shyly.

"Please don't. Taehyung doesn't know that I like him." Jimin stared at me for a long time before nodding. He put his phone away and I let go of his hand. We looked at me for a long time before speaking. 

"So you haven't told Tae?" He asked and I smiled weakly at him. 

"Actually I told him last night, but when he woke up he wasn't sure if it was a dream or not. I was so surprised that I wasn't able to answer him right away and he took it as it being a dream. That's when he left to meet up with you. I was going to tell him when he came back, but I think I upset him. He must have gone home." I said a bit sad. Jimin looked at me for a long time before sighing deeply. 

"I'm going to tell you a secret, but you can't tell Tae I let you know about this. It's a secret me and Tae share that we haven't told anyone else. I'm only telling you so you won't feel bad for what happened." Jimin said to me and I looked at him for a long time. I finally nodded towards him and Jimin continued. "When we ere kids Tae and I both knew a girl. Her father worked for his father so we all got along fine. This was before we meet the rest of the guys. She became Tae and mine's best friend but at some point everything went wrong. Her dad lost his job and her mother killed herself while she was pregnant with her second child. When the father found out he sent his only daughter away so he could bury his wife without her knowing. Sadly, he killed himself after the funeral leaving the girl alone. When she tried to return to find her family she was killed in a car accident. Today is her death anniversary. That's why I'm not in school. I actually got back from seeing her and Tae asked if I could take care of you while he goes to see her." Jimin said with a sadden expression on his face. 

"That's terrible. I can't believe she went through all of that. She must've suffered so much." I said and Jimin simply nodded. We both remained in silence for a while until Jimin finally broke the silence.

"Why don't I get us some drinks? I'm kind of in the mood for some cola." He looked at me as he tried to give me a bright smile. I looked at him and nodded. He looked at me for a second and then left the room. I sat on my bed thinking over everything Jimin had just told me. That poor girl suffered so much. Jimin and Taehyung must have also suffered a lot when she passed away. Today must be a hard day for the both of them. Maybe I should tell Taehyung tomorrow when he isn't so upset over his friend's death. I nodded to myself and sighed deeply. Then suddenly the door opened again and I looked up expecting Jimin, but instead saw a nurse entering. 

"Hello." She greeted me with a warm smile and sweet voice. I smiled and returned the greetings.

"Hello." I said as she smiled sweetly at me and walked over to my side.

"I'll just be checking your vital signs and making sure everything is okay." She said and I nodded respectively as she did her work. The nurse would still glances at me and smile to herself until finally speaking. "You have a very handsome and caring boyfriend." She said which caught me by surprise. 

"Excuse me?" I asked not sure if I had heard wrong or not. The nurse smiled at me and nudged me a bit. 

"You don't have to be shy. It's obvious that he likes you a lot." She said and I instantly felt my cheeks get warmer and warmer. "A man who is willing to pay for your hospital bill after seeing the amount is a true man in love." The nurse said with a huge grin in her face as she was walking away to leave. I frowned slightly.

"Pay the bill?" I  asked her causing her to stop and turn around to face me. She nodded and smiled once more at me. 

"The bill turned out to be a pretty huge amount and your boyfriend said he'd pay for it. It was a decent amount about 340,000 won, but he seemed uneffected by it. You truly have yourself a keeper young lady." the nurse said as she left my room leaving me there in a trance. 340,00 won? That was so much money. It'd be impossible for me to pay for that amount and Taehyung must have known that. But I couldn't let him pay for all that on his own. At Mrs. Kim's house I could make 340,000 a day. If I go now while both Taehyung and Jimin are gone I can ask for my job back. I quickly took off all the tubes that were on me and put on my clothes when I came to the hospital. My school uniform was washed and there was no more blood stains anywhere. I opened the door to my room and looked both ways to make sure I wouldn't be noticed. As soon as the coast was clear I walked down the hall while looking down to avoid eye contact. When I was able to leave the hospital undetected I ran towards Mrs. Kim's house before Jimin returned to my room and call Taehyung. 

                                                      •                                                             •                                                      •

I was let into Mrs. Kim's house by the newly employeed maid. She walked me to Mrs. Kim's room and I didn't try to stop her. It was her job to guide guests into the house and if she didn't she'd be fired. The last thing I wanted was for someone to get fired because of me. Once we reached her room the maid knocked respectively on her door.

"Mrs. Kim. Lady Crystal is here to see you." There was a long pause before a voice was heard.

"Let her in." The maid opened the door and held it open for me. I bowed respectively towards her as I walked in. Mrs. Kim was sitting on her bedside watching me which made me uncomfortable. The maid closed the door and left us alone.

"Why are you here?" She asked me and I slowly bit my bottom lip. I slowly got down on my knees and looked down towards my knees. I had used up all of my energy to run here and now I had to set my pride aside and beg for my job back. 

"Please. I beg of you. Please let me have my job back. Please. I really need the money even if it's just for today. Please." I begged as I clunched my hands into fists trying to fight back tears. It was bad enough having to do this alone, but it was far worse doing this when I had an arm cast and being looked down upon. There was nothing worse in the world than feeling helpless. Being able to do absolutely nothing for yourself or others. 

"Okay. You can work for me today. If you do a good job today and still want to work for us then I'll allow it." I looked up at Mrs. Kim in shock at her quick response. She looked at me annoyed. "What are you waiting for? Hurry and change." I quickly stood up and bowed.

"Thank you! Thank you so much Mrs. Kim!" I said as I got back up on my feet. Mrs. Kim nodded and shooed me away.

"Hurry and change then come back here to my room." I nodded and left to quickly change. As I finished I walked over to Mrs. Kim's room when I heard a loud slam coming from the front door. I ignored it and went to Mrs. Kim's room. Once I entered she looked at me. "Fetch me some water." I nodded and went to her tiny table in the corner of her room where she had a tray with a water jar and a glass cup. I could hear loud footsteps approaching us, but said nothing. "It must be my son back from his trip. Remember the rules." She said and I simply nodded as I stayed put. The door swung open and I tried not to flinch. 

Ask her to leave." I heard the young master say and his voice sounded strangely familiar to me. I tilted my head slightly trying to figuare out where I had heard it before and gave up. Of course it sounded familiar since I haven't heard him speak for a while since I quit my job here. I remained quiet.

I can't do that my son. You see if she leaves she may accidentally see your face and then I'd have to fire her. She's been working for us for such a long time that I can't bare firing her again." Mrs. Kim said as I bit my lip softly. 

"You hired her back?" The young master said. I frowned slightly. That voice. It sounded too familiar to me. I was starting to think it wasn't only the fact that I had worked for this family for so long. The way he spoke reminded me of someone's voice and way of talking.

"Of course. She's like our allied accomplice." Mrs. Kim said. I frowned slightly again as I heard what she said. Allied accomplice? What did she mean by that? Accomplice? Accomplice in what?

"I'm not here because of this. I'm here-" The young master stated. I fought the erge to look in the mirror and see the young master's face. I needed to know the person whose voice was causing me such disstress. I shock my head slightly and looked down.

"Of course not. You're here because of Crystal." My head shot up as I froze in place. Why was the young master here for me? How did Mrs. Kim know he was here for me? What was going on? I suddenly became very anxious and afraid. "Did you honestly think your father and I wouldn't find out where you were and with who? You even helped her finacially with her bills and gave them food to eat. You haven't changed a bit Taehyung. You'd do anything for the girl you like. Just like how you tried to protect her when  you were kids. Remember that? Sadly, you failed to protect her from your own father. Once her father found a secret your father became a different man. He had to have that secret so he did away with her father. But your father knew her father wouldn't die with that secret so he had to keep the successor near. You never knew but Crystal had been near you this whole time." I found it hard to breath. The young master was Taehyung? I've been working for the family of Taehyung? This whole time I was working hard to support my family and I never knew I was working for them. What did she say? Taehyung's father was responsible for my father's death? He killed my father? He's the reason I've grown up without a father figure this whole time while he lived in a place like this? What have I done? I've let them come near my family after my dad risked his life to keep us away from them. I could feel my tears pour out of my eyes as I tried hard not to cry.

"What do you mean?" I heard Taehyung ask. How could I not recognize his voice? It was so obvious, the way he spoke and form he spoke in. But I guess a part of me was protecting Taehyung. I didn't want the young master to be Taehyung. I didn't want to have this ill-fated fate with Taehyung. The one that would make me hate him for letting me be in this situation. For putting my family in danger.

"Crystal has been near you this whole time. Your father didn't want to let her or her family go that easily. She's very important to us you know that don't you Taehyung? Because of you we were able to find her once again." After hearing this I dropped the glass from my hand and it broke on the floor. Taehyung's the reason they were able to find me again? "Clean that up and leave." I heard Mrs. Kim say and I instantly knelt down to clean up the mess. I avoided the mirror and pulled my injured hand closer to me afraid Taehyung would know it was me. Once I was done I tried to calm down as my whole body shook from the shock. I had my head down as I walked past them. Then suddenly Taehyung grabbed my right hand and stopped me from leaving. What was going on? Why was this happening? This wasn't suppose to be happening. Taehyung couldn't be the young master. Taehyung couldn't be the son of the father of my father's killer. Because that would mean I lead the killer to my family and I'd be responsible for killing my mother and Kimmy.