Chapter 8

Let's Play A Love Game

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. The hardest part of any of this was getting dressesd for school. I kissed Kimmy's forehead as she giggled. I kissed my mother's forehead and she smiled at me. After last nights' scare nothing made me happier than to see their smiles everyday. I grabbed my things and headed to the door.

"You're not going to eat today either?" I turned around and saw my mothers' worried facial expression. I bit my bottom lip and tried to think of something to say. I couldn't tell my mom the truth, but I also couldn't risk one of them going hungry.

"I'm actually going to school with Taehyung. We'll get something to eat on the way to school." My mother's expression softened as I mentioned Taehyung's name. I grabbed the door knob and opened the door. I closed it behind me and sighed deeply. These lies were getting to be too much even for me. I started walking down the street when I felt my bag float out of my grasp. I turned around and saw Taehyung smiling at me. I instantly smiled when I saw him. Woah! Where did that come from? Why am I suddenly smiling at him now? I stopped smiling at him and looked away. My heart was pounding so fast for some unknown reason. I felt Taehyung put his hand around my back and forced me to walk forward.

"How did you know I was coming to pick you up?" I looked at Taehyung confused by his question. I frowned slightly and realizing that he must have overheard me I looked away embarrassed. I didn't expect him to overhear me. I didn't expect him to be here either. More or less I didn't want to tell him. I bit my lip. I had no other choice.

"I didn't. I only said that so my mother wouldn't worry about me." I forced myself to stop before I told him everything. Yeah he helped me yesterday, but I don't know if I can fully trust him. He has hurted a lot of girls in the past but he seems different know. I can't put my finger on it, but Taehyung truly acts like a different person. Could this be the real Taehyung? If it is then why does he act so cruel to girls? I don't understand Taehyung at all.

"Why would she worry about you?" Taehyung stopped walking and forced me to stop walking too. I looked at him as he looked at me with a worriedsome look on his face. If this is the real Taehyung I wouldn't mind getting to know him more and possibly becoming friends, but I wasn't sure if this was just a trick. I couldn't afford to lose this game of his. That means I can't trust him too much either. I bit my bottom lip softly and avoided eye contact. Then I suddenly thought of a lie to tell Taehyung.

"She'd worry because my arm is still hurt." I sheepishly responded and Taehyung's grip loosened a bit. I didn't look at him, but continued walking ahead. Okay. I felt bad. I shouldn't lie to Taehyung or my mother for that matter. I shouldn't have even brought up my arm with Taehyung feeling guilty about it, but I had no choice. I didn't fully trust him to tell him anything personal about my life. Maybe I was afraid he'd mock me for not being able to have food. Maybe I was afraid he'd tell the school and everyone would know about it. The only person who truly knew was Henry. We have been childhood friends so he knew almost everything about me. I wasn't ready for anyone else to know especially not Taehyung.

"I'm sorry." Startled by Taehyung's voice I stopped and looked at him beside me. How long has he been beside me? I didn't notice when he caught up to me. He was so quiet I hardly remembered he was here with me. Taehyung looked at me and then at my arm. He let out a big sigh and extened his hand to adjust my arm brace. "I'm sorry that you're mom has to worry about you because of me. You were right. I am careless and childish. If I hadn't argued with SongJung and left things as they were maybe-" He stopped and shook his head.

"Why did you fight with him anyway?" Taehyung startled by my question he stared at me for a long time. He dropped his hand and sighed deeply. He avoided eye contact with me and rubbed the back of his neck as if debating whether or not to tell me. He turned and looked at me for a long time and shook his head.

"Nothing. It was nothing." I stared at him for a long time. He looked like he was hiding something. Something that he didn't want me to know. Determined to find out what he was hiding I continued to push the subject.

"If it was nothing you wouldn't have fought with him." Taehyung avoided looking at me and I was starting to get annoyed.

"It's not important." Was all he said. He still avoided making eye contact with me.

"Then why did you fight? Did you just wake up one day and want to fight him?" Annoyed by his stubborness to not tell me when I knew itt had something to do with me. Just remembering SongJung's words made it clear that they fought because of me.

"No. That's not it." Taehyung sounded annoyed, but so was I.

"Was it because of me?" I continued to push the subject one him. Why wasn't he telling me?

"No." Was the only thing he said and it irratated me more.

"Then why did SongJung make that comment about secret lovers when I came between you two. If it-"

"It has nothing to do with you!" Taehyung faced me and it was evident that he was far from being angry. He looked away and started walking to school. I stood there for a while and sighed. Great. I just made him mad again. I started walking behind him not wanting to get too close in case my presence made him more angry.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

We reached school and I saw my friends waiting for me and Crystal. I raised my hand and smiled towards my friends. "Yo guys!" They all turned around and smiled when they saw us. They approached us as we stood by the entrance. We hand shook and made jokes towards each other when I heard Jungkook's voice behind me.

"How is your arm noona?" He was obviously talking to Crystal. When did he get past me towards Crystal? Were they that close that they could talk so easily? Of course everyone has always preferred Jungkook because he was more approachable. Did Crystal prefer talking to him over me? She only met him a couple of days ago. How can they be so comfortable with each other?

"Taehyung?" I looked at Jimin barely noticing he was talking to me. I cleared my throat and tried to shake those thoughts away.

"Yeah?" Everyone looked at me like I was acting strange.

"Are you okay man? You're acting strange." I stared at Jimin. Did he read my mind? What am I thinking now? Sushi. Sushi. Sushi.

"Tae?" Embarrased by Jimin calling me Tae I looked away and cleared my throat again.

"Nothing. Class doesn't start for another half hour. Take Crystal to the meeting spot. I have something to do." I grabbed Jimin's shoulder and dropped my hand as I began walking to buy some breakfast.

                       •                                                                  •                                                                            •

I walked back into school and headed to our meeting spot. The school had allowed us to use a spare room as a meeting spot since my mother didn't want me socializing with "commoners" as she would put it. She always tried to control everything I did. Everyone I met and dated. I managed to convince her to let me attend a public school. She was worse than my father. He always sent me on blind dates with snobby annoying girls who were as he stated "good for the business." Of course I dated girls from this school just to make them mad. Just thinking about it made me laugh again. I grabbed the door knob from the meeting spot but stopped when I heard them talking.

"Crystal we heard about your mom and sister. We're glad they are okay." It was Namjoon who spoke. Hyung was always more socialable than any of us. He always knew what to say and how to say it.

"Thank you and I'm sorry for how I reacted towards you guys and Taehyung. I was so scared and anxious that I spoke without thinking." I smiled as Crystal apologized to my friends. She was so kind to everyone. I felt even worse for lashing out on her earlier. I just couldn't tell her the reason I fought with that jerk. How would she feel if she found out he accused her of having secret lovers. Especially if she knew the supposedly secret lovers she was accused of keeping was Henry. She'd feel bad and I couldn't let that jerk hurt her again.

"It's fine don't worry about it. Taehyung explained it to us and we completely understand. Speaking of which there was one thing that was bothering me. Crystal where was your dad during that time?" I stood up and thought about what Jimin asked Crystal. Come to think of it I never met Crystal's father. Is he so busy he's hardly ever home? Sounds like my father. I heard Crystal clear and I leaned forward.

"My father passed away when I was young. Shortly after my little sister was born." I could hear the shakiness from her voice and I instantly felt bad for her. I opened the door and everyone looked at me. I walked into the room and gave the bag to Crystal. She looked at me with watery eyes. Man did that make me feel more guilty and i didn't know why. It wasn't my fault what happened to her father but I still felt guilty. I went and sat down on the couch beside Yoongi.

"You told your mom that we were going to get something on our way to school. I don't want that to be a lie to your mom." I watched as Crystal looked at me and then at the bag.

"Thank you." Was all she said and yet it made my heart skip a beat. Was I getting sick? Everyone looked at me and I looked at them confused.

"I brought enough for all of you." They all got up and rushed to Crystal's side. I watched them as they talked to Crystal and she laughed. I hadn't known her father died after her mother gave birth to her sister. How did he die? Car accident? Hit and run? I shook those thoughts away and looked at Crystal. Is that why she worked so much? Why didn't her mother work? Was she still depressed about her husband's death? What about Crystal? She seemed pretty affected about the lose of her father. If she was working multiple jobs that must mean money is tight around home. Is that why she agreed to the Love Game? Because she needs to win in order to get the money I offered for her family. That must mean food is tight around the house too. Is that why left early today and lied to her mom about me picking her up? Does she starve herself for her mother and sister?

"Taehyung?" Interupted by Crystal's voice I looked up and saw her standing infront of me. I stared at her as she smiled at me. Her perfect soft pink lips curved perfectly to make her rosy pink cheeks rise. Her beautiful clear blue eyes looked directly at me. I shook my head and cleared my throat.

"Yeah?" Crystal looked at me as she raised the bag near her face. She smiled brightly that made my heart skip a beat again. I must have caught a cold or something. Why else would I be feeling like this?

"There's an extra bun for you and banana milk." She took a bun and banana milk out. She grabbed my hands and placed the bun and milk inside them. My heart raced as she touched my hands and her touch still lingered even after she pulled them away. I stared at the bun and milk. These were simple things that I never actually cared for, but for others this might be something worth everything. I turned and saw as Crystal sat beside me on the couch. She started eating the bun and smiling happily. I stared at my bun. How can this simple bread make her smile so happily?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers <3

How are all of you doing? I hope you are all doing well. I decided to update more since I am on break, but I have a question for you all. Since I'm unable to update as much  here and I'm mostly on Instagram I was thinking about updating my story LPLG [ Let's Play A Love Game ] on my Instagram account. What do you LPLG fans think? Should I stick to updating here or update on Instagram? Leave me a comment about what you think. Have a fantastic morning / afternoon / night <3