Chapter 29

Let's Play A Love Game

I grabbed Crystal's wrist just as she was about to go down the stairs. I forced her to look at me and I could see her teary eyes. It broke my heart to see her like this. I wasn't able to protect her while I was younger and I failed to protect her even now. She looked at me with a sad expression with a mix of anger. I couldn't find the words to speak. I felt a tight knot in my throat that wouldn't even let me breath.

"Crystal." I said almost in a whisper. Crystal looked at me for a long time without saying anything. "I-" I tried to explain before she cut me off with her soft and shaky voice.

"I fell for you, Taehyung." She said and I froze on the spot. She fell for me? Crystal really likes me? I looked at her not sure whether to feel happy or regretful. "The moment I said that I liked you and you held me in your arms I was truly happy. For once in my life I was able to be selfish. The whole time I thought I want to be with Taehyung and only Taehyung. I want to be happy for once and be myself. But I let my guard down again. I let my selfishness ruin everything. Because I was selfish I lost my dad. Because I wanted to be with you, I woke up and left my father. Because I wanted to be with you, I put my mother and Kimmy in danger. But I won't do that anymore. Because I don't want to lose them. I'd rather lose you than lose my mother and Kimmy." She said to me as tears continued to fall on her face. She was trying to be calm, but her whole body was shaking from the news. "I can't do this anymore." She said in a whisper as she pulled free. She walked down the stairs and without thinking I followed after her.

"Crystal! Wait! Please listen to me!" I pleaded as I grabbed onto her wrist again. She was forced into a stop and forced to look at me. Her sad expression was gone and replaced with anger.

"Let go of me." She said to me in a hateful tone that made my heart ache. I held my grip on her as she tried to pull free. "Let go of me." She said a bit louder as she glared at me. I didn't want to let go. I was afraid if I let go of her I'd lose her. I didn't want to lose Crystal again.

"Crystal." I called towards her in a shaky voice. She continued to glare at me as I stared at her. "Please. Just-"

"Let go of me!" She screamed at me which made me loosen my grip.

"What's going on here?" We both turned to see my father walking into the house with his suitcase. I suddenly became furious with him for causing this situation. Without knowing Crystal escaped my grip as she walked away. I tried following her, but was stopped my father. He held my wrist as I watched Crystal leave. "What happened?" He asked me and I exhauled annoyed. I looked at him with an irratated expression.

"It's none of your business." I said as I tried following Crystal was my father's grip was too strong.

"Everything that goes on in this house is my business." He said and I stared at him annoyed by his presence.

"Taehyung found out Crystal had been working for us this whole time and that she's the same little girl he thought had died long time ago." I turned to see that lady making her way down the stairs. I glared at her with pure hatred.

"Is that true, Taehyung?" My father asked and I looked at him. Just seeing him this close made me sick to my stomach. "Taehyung." He said as his grip loosened. I took this chance to pull away and took a step near the door.

"Don't you dare come near Crystal or her family ever again. Because this time I won't stand back and watch you take away the only person I ever fell in love with." I said as I ran out my house. Just as I was leaving the door a small boy carrying his backpack stood back as I ran out. I didn't stop to greet him from his arrival instead I looked ahead for Crystal.

"Hyung!" He called out to me, but I couldn't stop to greet my little brother. I had to find Crystal before anything bad happened. Despite not seeing my little brother in months Crystal was more important at the moment.

                                                                 •                                          •                                                •

I arrived to my room and walked in. My head was all dizzy from everything that had happened. Everything felt so surreal. I closed the door behind me and took a deep breath.

"Crystal?" I looked up surprised to hear a voice. As I looked up I saw Jimin looking right at me worried. I gave him a big smile despite my sudden shocking discovery. Jimin smiled at me and looked behind me towards the door. "Where's Taehyung? Didn't he come with you? I told him you were missing. Did he really not come with you?" He asked concerned and I made my way to my bed. I looked at Jimin who sat in the chair and looked at me.

"Taehyung was with me. He found me on my way home. I was so worried about my mother that I left to check up on her. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. You must have been so worried." I said for Jimin as he nodded slowly and smiled at me. Then he frowned slightly.

"Where is Tae now?" He asked me. I bit my bottom lip softly and smiled at him.

"He went to the restroom." Jimin nodded slowly and smiled at me. "You don't have to stay here, Jimin. I'm sure you want to do other things. Don't worry about me." Jimin stared at me for a while before nodding. He stood up and looked at me.

"Tell Tae I'll come back to see both of you." He said and I nodded. "Take care." Jimin said as he waved at me. I waved back with a smile on my face as he left. My smile faded as he closed the door behind him. I laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry, Jimin." I said in a whisper as I closed my eyes. My head was throbbing to strongly now and all the emotions were rushing back to me.

"Miss Crystal?" I heard someone say. I opened my eyes to see a nurse by my side. I sat up and looked at her.

"Yes?" I responded not sure when she had entered or how long she had been there.

"I'm here to check your pulse reading. Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked me as she checked my pulse. I weakly smiled at her and decided to use this opportunity.

"Actually I'm not feeling too well today. I think I'd like to be alone today. I'm not exactly in the mood for visitors. Please don't allow anyone into my room until I say so." The nurse looked at me confused but nodded.

"Your pulse readings are high. I think it'll be better if you rest. I'll make sure no one enters your room and in case anyone tries to enter I will lock your door. Only you and the other nurses and doctors will have access to your room. If you need anything press this button here." She motioned to the button near me and I simply nodded. Once she left after locking the door I laid on my bed. This whole time Taehyung's father was the person responsible for my father's death. My father who risked his life for our safety. He died so he could be safe and I lead us into danger again. This time dad isn't here to protect us and I don't want to lose my mother and Kimmy. It was all my fault.

"Dad, I'm so sorry." I said to myself as I began to cry. All the emotions I tried to control overpowered me. My tears poured out of me none stop as I began to sob loudly. I couldn't control myself anymore. "I'm so sorry, dad. I'm so sorry." I cried out over and over again. "Dad. I'm so sorry. It's my fault." I cried as my heart ached.

                                                                 •                                          •                                                •

I ran into the hospital out of breath and scanned the enterance. I was about to run to Crystal's room when a nurse stopped me.

"Mister Taehyung?" She asked and I looked at her. I bowed respectfully and she looked at me confused. "Why are you here?" She asked me which caught me off guard.

"What do you mean?" I asked her confused. She frowned slightly as she spoke to me.

"Miss Crystal wished to see no visitors today. She gave us orders to allow no one to see her. She specifically said no one at all." She said and I stared at her in disbelief. I ran towards Crystal room and tried to open the door but it was locked. I looked through the window and saw Crystal crying uncontrollably.

"Dad, I'm so sorry." She cried out to no one in particular. "I'm so sorry, dad, I'm so sorry." She continued to cry out and my hand slid off the handle. I leaned against the door and slid down to sit on the floor. "Dad. I'm so sorry. It's my fault." She cried out and my heart ached. Once again I failed to protect Crystal from the worse possible pain. I leaned my head back against the door and sat there as Crystal continued to sob and cried out to her father for forgiveness.