Chapter 13

Let's Play A Love Game

"Crystal?" I looked at Taehyung and then at Jin who appeared before him. I turned around and walked away. Coming out with them was a huge mistake. I should've never came out with them. I should've never agreed to this stupid game. I could still hear what Taehyung said. "Someone has to win this game. So that means someone has to get hurt." I shook those thoughts away and walked out of the restuarant. As I was turning to head home someone grabbed my hand and pulled me in their direction.

"Crystal." As I looked up I saw Taehyung's face and I suddenly became angry. I pulled my hand free and Taehyung looked from my hand to me. I wanted to yell at him and hit him but I couldn't. I felt a huge tight knot in my throat that forbid me from speaking. Instead I turned around to leave again but Taehyung grabbed my hand again to stop me from leaving. I turned to face him angrily.

"What? Do you want to make up some lie? Do you want to tell me that what you said back there was a lie? Is winning so important to you? Fine, you win! You win once again in your stupid game! Congratulations! Now stay away from me." I yanked my hand free and walked away. Who did he think he is? Then I felt him grab my hand again and pulled me in his direction.

"I'm sorry. You weren't suppose to hear-" I turned in his direction and glared at him.

"Why? Because your perfect plan is ruined? It doesn't matter anyway. You've won. But just know I ended this not because I fell for you, but because I'm tired of being near you." I tried to pull my hand away but Taehyung held on tight.

"Crystal let me explain." I looked at him and I felt my tears finally come out. Taehyung's expression softened and I wiped my tears away with my injured hand. Taehyung looked at my hand and then at me.

"There's nothing to explain Taehyung. You've won already. But I was stupid enough to think you weren't such a bad guy. I actually felt like you were a great guy, but in reality you're just a great actor. Stay away from me, my mother and Kimmy. They shouldn't suffer from your lies. They've already suffered enough." Taehyung's grip loosened and I pulled my hand free. I continued to wipe the tears that were falling down and I walked away.

                                            •                                                  •                                            •

I stood there and watched her walk away. There was nothing that I could say to make her listen. Suddenly I felt someone pump into my shoulder and run past me after Crystal. It was that guy again. He called after her as he chased her down the street. I stood there watching them when suddenly someone grabbed my collar and forced me to turn in their direction. It was ther other guy glaring at me.

"Crystal is too nice of a person to hit anyone. But I'm not. I'm going to make sure you feel the pain she's feeling." He continued to glare at me and I just nodded towards him.

"Then do it. I don't even know what she's feeling." The guy looked at me and then made a harsh annoyed sound. He looked away for a second and then looked back at me.

"You must really want to die. Fine I'll grant your wish." He lifted his fist and before he could deliever the punch the girl he was always with stopped him.

"Taemin stop. It's not worth it." I looked at her and she avoided my gaze. Have I seen her before? She looked familar, but where? Then that guy pulled me closer and I looked at him.

"What about Crystal? Is her tears worth nothing too?" The girl slowly let go of the guy and he pushed her away. Then the other girl came up and grabbed a hold of his hand.

"Would Crystal want this? Do you think she wants you to punch him?" The guy faced the other girl and looked at her annoyed.

"Did Crystal want to join this game? Do you think she agreed to play to see if she could beat him?" The girl still held onto him and frowned slightly.

"We all know why she agreed to play. If you want to be of any use to both her and Naeun you'll stop right now. What about Naeun? Did you ever stop to think she's hurting too watching you like this!" I looked at the two girls. The one that was looking down I could see she was crying. The guy's grip loosened and he embraced the girl. Naeun? Where have I heard that name before? The other girl looked at me for a long time before walking away with the other two. She looks familar too. Where have I seen them before?

"You sure know how to make a scene." Namjoon walked up to me and straighened my collar. Hoseok walked towards me but was looking past me.

"Victim #100, Bomi and Victim #109, Naeun. So they're Crystal's friends huh?" We all looked at him and he faced us surprised. "What?"

"What did you say?" I asked him. He looked at all of us surprised and then past me again. Then he looked at me and nodded.

"You've played with them before. Don't you remember?" I turned around and watched them leave. I played with them before? No wonder they looked so familar.

"What did they ask in return for winning?" I asked Hoseok as I faced him. He looked at me for a long time and then at everyone else.

"The same thing all the other girls wanted. Your heart." I looked at him and then at the others.

"Noona is the only one who didn't want that." We all looked at Jungkook as he put his hands in his pockets. Then he walked away in the direction Crystal left. All the others followed except Jin.

                                            •                                                  •                                            •

I sat on my bed hugging my pillow when I heard a knock on my door. I looked up and sighed.

"If it's Taehyung, leave." I buried my face in my pillow and tried not to think about anything.

"What about me?" I looked up as I heard Jungkook's voice. I thought about it for a while and finally gave in.

"Come in." I said and sat up straight as Jungkook opened the door. He smiled brightly at me and I smiled wearily at him. He came in and sat beside me on my bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I looked at him and I could see he was worried about me. I nodded and smiled softly. He smiled at me. "You know Taehyung says a lot of stuff without thinking it through. He just wants to sound cool but it always comes off in a bad way." I nodded slowly not knowing what to say. Jungkook faced me and I looked up at him. His expression was a mix of embarressment and seriousness. "But did you let Taehyung win because you fell for him?" I could hear the shakiness in his voice. I shook my head softly.

"It's hard being a part of this game. You know Taehyung longer than me so you know what he's like. I don't. I never know what he's thinking or if what he says is the truth. Which Taehyung is the real Taehyung? I don't know. It's scary and tiring having to try to find out. I've grown up knowing how a person is whether they're bad or good. In the end everyone is a good person right? I've always felt that way about everyone. They're all good people, but with Taehyung I don't know. He acts like a good person, but then he isn't. My father was the same way. He seemed like a nice person. He fell for my mother and had me and my sister. But then he'd act cold and distant to us. I started to hate him, but then he left us. I hated him more for that. He abondened us when my sister was one year old. That same day they told us my father died in a car accident. The next day I recieved a letter in his name. He sent it before he died. In the letter he said he loved me, my mother and Kimmy. He said he didn't want to go, but because people were after him he didn't want us to be in danger. He risked his life for us. Taehyung's like that too right? He's not evil like the people who killed my father right? I'm not putting my family at risk by being with someone evil like Taehyung right? I'm not letting my father's sacrifice be in vain right?" I could feel my tears pouring and I couldn't stop them. I began to sob and Jungkook hugged me. I hugged him back and cried on his shoulder. I have never told anyone this before not even my mother. They had suffered enough but I felt like I was letting die in vain by being with someone so cruel like Taehyung. Someone who didn't care about others like my father's killer.

                                            •                                                  •                                            •

I got up from the couch and walked towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I turned around and faced Jimin.

"I'm going to see Crystal." I said as I took another step forward but stopped after hearing Jin's voice.

"You should wait until Jungkook comes back after calming her down. If you go now you'll only hurt her more." I turned around and faced Jin. He looked straight at me with a serious expression as the others looked at us.

"If I don't clear this up now she'll suffer more." I turned around and headed up the stairs. I climbed the stairs slowly trying to think of what to say to her in case she wasn't calm. As I got to the top and turned to the corner to go to her room. As I approached her room I froze at what I saw. Crystal and Jungkook hugging. I stood there watching them. I turned around and walked back towards the stairs. I walked down the stairs and once I got to the bottom the guys all stood up.

"Hey what happened?" I simply just walked towards the door without saying anything. "Taehyung?" I walked out of the house and closed the door behind me.

                                            •                                                  •                                            •

We all stood there confused about what happened. Namjoon sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Jimin go after him. Suga go upstairs and see what happened. The rest of us will stay here to greet her mother." We all nodded and everyone did as they were told. Jimin ran out the house and Suga went upstairs. The rest of us sat back down on the couch. We waited for Suga as he came down with a similar expression as Taehyung. We all got up and looked at him.

"They were hugging. He hugged her and she hugged him back." We all froze their looking at him in shock. They were hugging?

                                            •                                                  •                                            •

"Tae! Tae!" Jimin grabbed my arm and forced me to a stop. He was breathing hard and tried to catch his breath. "What happened? Why did you leave like that?" I didn't say anything and Jimin looked around. He pulled me to the nearest bench. We both sat down but neither one of us said anything. Jimin sighed and looked at me. "Tae?"

"You know me better than anyone. You know everything about me. So why does it bother me?' Jimin looked at me confused.

"Why does what bother you?" I looked at him and he looked at me.

"He hugged her and she was hugging him back." I watched as Jimin's eyes widened.

"They were hugging each other?!" I nodded slowly and looked away.

"Why does it hurt, Jimin?" Jimin put his hand on my shoulder and sighed.

"Tae I know it hurts, but you can't let this bother you. I know what your mom did-" I turned angrily towards Jimin as tears fell.

"She's not my mother!" Jimin nodded slowly and pat my shoulder slowly.

"You're right. I'm sorry." I looked away and tried to keep the tears from coming out anymire but they had a mind of their own. I found it hard to make them stop. The pain was still there like it had been since I was five.

"I'm sorry mom. I'm sorry you had to see that. I'm so sorry." Jimin didn't say anything he just nodded.

"It's okay, Taehyung. Everything will be okay." I lowered my head and continued to cry. I felt a tight knot in my throat that wouldn't go away. My chest felt tight and I felt suffocated.


Hello readers~

Since I'm filled with so much gratitude towards you all I decided to update once more. Sorry for it being a shorter chapter. I may update one more chapter for today and once or twice more tomorrow. I haven't decided but I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I decided to reveal some mysteries of both Crystal and Taehyung's past.