Chapter 19

Let's Play A Love Game

I sat down hugging my knees as I cried to myself. I lost my dad once again except this time I could've prevented it. I needed my dad. I looked around at the pit of darkness that surrounded me. Where was I? What was this place? Am I dreaming? If I am then I don't want to ever wake up. I don't want to lose my dad again. I put my head down on my arms and closed my eyes.

"No matter what happens I'll be here by your side. You just have to keep fighting. Please keep fighting..." I looked up and looked around me. Who was that speaking? Their voice sounded familiar to me but I can't remember who it is. Then it got quiet again. I stood up and looked around me again. Where was that voice coming from? I walked around for a bit and finally gave up on trying to find the voice. Then I suddenly felt a strange sensation on my hand almost like someone was holding my hand. I touched my left hand with my right hand. What was going on? Then suddenly I saw the bright light again. This time I didn't hesitate and ran towards the light with all my might. I didn't think of anything else. I just wanted to see my father. To hug my father and hear his voice once more. I just wanted my father.

                     •                                                                    •                                                                     •

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEEEEEEEEEEEP!" I jolted up at the loud beeping sound and looked up at the heart monitor. I stood up quickly and blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Crystal's heart monitor was as flat as paper. Still in self shock I stumbled to make my way to the door.

"Help." I whispered as I walked toward the door and then my adrenaline finally kicked in. I ran to the door and slid it open. "Help! Help! We need a doctor!" I ran back inside Crystal's room and touched her face with both my hands. "Come on Crystal. You can't leave me like this. You have to live. Please wake up! Please! I'll do anything you want but please just wake up! Please!" Then a doctor and nurses came in pushing me aside as they looked at Crystal.

"We need to take her back into surgery." The nurses and doctors rushed Crystal down the hallway with me following them. I stood by Crystal's side holding her hand tightly as we ran down the hallway.

"Please wake up. Please Crystal." I whispered. We reached the operation doors that lead to the operation room. A nurse stepped aside and held onto me forcing me to let go of Crystal's hand. I stopped a few inches from the door and looked at the nurse.

"Sir you can't go any further. You must wait here." Was all she said as she ran past the doors. I sat down on the chairs and covered my face with my hands as I set my elbows on my knees. What was I going to do? She can't die like this. You can't die like this Crystal. You just can't.

"Taehyung!" I shot my head up as my friends came rushing into the hospital. I stood up as they surrounded me and patted my back. We all sat down in silence at first before I spoke.

"She won't die right? She's going to make it right?" I looked at my friends as they slowly avoided my gaze. Worried and frustrated I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. Then I heard more footsteps and I opened my eyes. I turned my head slightly toward the oppisite direction of the operation doors and saw Crystal's friends including Henry.

"What happened?" Henry asked. We made eye contact for a minute and then I turned around to look at the sign. As if reading my thoughts Henry stumbled backwards a little in self shock. "But how? She was stable yesterday before I left?" Both girls began to cry as Henry and that other guy tried to comfort them. Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Yonggi stood up so they could sit and they did without hesitation. Then Crystal's mother came in with Kimmy  and another lady who I'm guessing to be Henry's mother. I instantly stood up and looked in their direction. I felt a tight knot in my throat as I heard her sobs.

"My baby! Not my baby! You can't take my baby too! What am I going to do with my life! Why my poor baby!" I fought hard to keep my tears in as Crystal's mother fell to her kness. I took one step towards her but Henry's mother was already to her side trying to get her to her feet.

"You can't be like this. Think of poor Kimmy. You're scaring her." I turned and looked at Kimmy who was in tears. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand but more tears came out. Hoseok and Jungkook went to Kimmy. They grabbed both her hands and lead her away from there. They looked back at me and I nodded. I looked at my hyungs and they nodded. They stood up and walked over to Crystal's mother. They helped her to her feet and held onto her.

"Mrs. Lee why don't we take you home to rest? It's better if you rest and calm down for Kimmy." Crystal's mother said nothing but continued to cry. The other guy looked at Henry before speaking.

"I think it's better if I take Naeun and Chorong home. Let me know when what the doctor says. If you need anything call me." Henry just simply nodded and the guy patted Henry's shoulder before leaving with the two girls. Henry, me and Jimin were left in front of the operation doors. I leaned against the wall as Jimin and Henry sat down. I sighed deeply as I stared at the doors.

                     •                                                                    •                                                                     •

I wondered through the bright light for a long time without finding anything or anyone. I sighed disappointed and then I saw a figuare from a far. I squinted my eyes hoping to see clearer.

"Appa?" I asked to myself. I took a few steps foreward and smiled. I ran toward the tall lean figuare and hugged him when I was arms length. I began to cry in glee. "Appa it's really you!" I looked up and saw my father's bright smile. He hugged me back and caressed my hair like when I was a little girl. He pulled me away at arms length and looked at me.

"You haven't changed a bit, Cryssie. You're still the same cry baby that I was blessed with having." I laughed at my father's comment and he smiled at me. "You have grown into such a beautiful young lady Crystal." I smiled brightly at his compliment and hugged him once more. I don't know how I got here but I'm happy to be where ever this place was. I closed my eyes and continued to hug my father afraid he'd disappear again. Then I heard that voice again.

"Please wake up. Please Crystal." I let go of my father and looked up. That voice. I knew that voice. Then my father let go of me and took a step back. I looked at him and shook my head.

"No. You can't leave me again. I won't let you leave me alone again." I said almost in tears. I walked up to my dad and hugged him tightly. My father smiled at me and wiped my tears away.

"Cryssie, you can't stay here with me. You have so much to live for and so many people are waiting for you." I shook my head and held onto my father tightly.

"Since the day you left I had to be an adult and be selfless. Never once was I selfish when it came to mother, Kimmy or my friends." I stopped and looked at my father in tears. "Can't I once be selfish? Can't I be selfish and choose to stay here with you?" My father looked at me and hugged me tightly. He kissed my forehead nad craddled me in his arms. I closed my eyes and cried. Then my father separated me from him and looked at me.

"As much as I want you to stay here with me you can't, Cryssie. There's someone out there waiting for you. Can't you hear him? He's been calling out to you this whole time. You need to go to him now." I frowned slightly as I looked up.

"Crystal. Please wake up. Please. I won't ask for anything more. Please just wake up. Please." I could hear that voice again. That voice it was. I was interrupted by an invisible force that pushed me away from my father. Before I could refuse I was instantly pushed back again by the invisible force. I looked at my father who was growing further and further away from me.

"Appa. Appa! Appa!" I was pushed away from the bright light and into the darkeness again. I began to cry frantically as I tried calling out to my father again. "APPA! APPA! APPA!"

                     •                                                                    •                                                                     •

I sat beside Crystal's bed and grabbed onto Crystal's hand into mine. I had kept all my tears inside since Crystal was pushed into the operation room, but now I finally let them go. I began to cry as I looked at Crystal laying in her bed motionless. The fear I experienced before suddenly became so real to me. The thought of losing her was too much for me. I looked at her and held onto her hand tightly.

"Crystal. Please wake up. Please. I won't ask for anything more. Please just wake up. Please." I lowered my forehead onto her hand that I held and cried. I didn't care if anyone saw me or heard me. I just wanted Crystal to wake up. I wanted to see her smile and her beautiful blue eyes. I wanted to hear her voice and laugh. I just wanted her to be okay.

"Appa.....Appa..." I looked up at Crystal as I heard her mumbling. I stood up and leaned over her. Tears fell from her eyes and slowly she opened her eyes. She looked at me for a while and then began to cry. "Appa. Appa." She began to sob and not sure why she was calling out to her father I sat on the edge of her bed. Without thinking I hugged her and she hugged me back to my surprise. She kept crying and I pat her back softly as she cried. I looked up at the ceiling as my tears began to pour out of me uncontrollably. I took me a while to calm down before I spoke.

"Thank you, Crystal. Thank you for being alive. Thank you." Crystal slowly calmed down and she pulled away a bit to look at me. I looked into her eyes and smiled for the first time since a few days ago. I cupped Crystal's face and kissed her forehead. I backed away and looked at her as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Thank you for being alive."

                     •                                                                    •                                                                     •

I was walking back to Crystal's room with drinks for both me and Taehyung. His friends had all left and so had mine. We were the only ones who stayed behind to watch over Crystal. Of course I used to hate Taehyung but he did save Crystal's life. The least I could do is get along with him. If it wasn't for him who knows what could have happened to Crystal. I reached the door and opened it just as I looked up I stopped on my tracks. Taehyung was hugging Crystal who was crying. She was calling for her father as Taehyung pated her back. Then he spoke.

"Thank you, Crystal. Thank you for being alive. Thank you." Crystal calmed down after hearing his words. She pulled away from him slightly and they stared at each other. Taehyung smiled at her and cupped her face with his hands. He leaned in and kissed Crystal in the forehead. Then he backed away and Crystal's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Thank you for being alive." They continued to stare at each other and I slowly closed the door. I backed away from the door stumbiling to keep my balance. I leaned on the wall and sat on the floor. I set the drinks down and ran my hands through my hair. I leaned my head backwards onto the wall and closed my eyes.

"Why him? Why now? Of all the people why was it Taehyung?" I said to myself. I rubbed my face with my hands and finally got up. I looked at the door and then walked away. There was no use going in now. Even if I want to see her I can't. For fear of walking in and seeing something far worse.


As promised another chapter for my lovely readers. Sorry if this one is shorter. I promise to write you all a longer chapter later. Make sure to comment if you feel I should end the story here or create a sequel. Your opinion matters to me so I hope to read your responses. Have a great day / evening / night.