Chapter 45

Let's Play A Love Game

I opened my eyes slowly as I felt my head throbbing. I felt like I had to throw up as if I had a hangover. I tried to sit up but the sharp pain on my side and back stopped me. I groaned as I laid back down and looked around. I was at the hospital. Suddenly I remembered everything and I began to look around frantically. Suddenly the door opened and Jimin came inside.

"Tae! You're finally awake!" Jimin said happily as he walked over to me and smiled. I looked at him and sat up despite the pain.

"Crystal. Where's Crystal?" I asked as Jimin's smile faded away. He suddenly turned sad and he looked down. My heart sank as I watched him. I looked around me as my eyes began to water. I shook my head and I started pulling out the IV. Jimin looked at me and tried to stop me.

"Tae, listen to me-" Jimin began but I didn't let him finish. I pulled the covers back and moved forward. Jimin stood in front of me and grabbed my arms. I started pulling everything off of me as I tried to walk towards the door.

"Taehyung! Listen to me! Tae!" Jimin pleaded and screamed as I tried to push him off. I had to find her.

"Let me go..I have to find Crystal..I have to make sure she's okay." I said faintly as I continued to try to fight my way through Jimin. At this point I felt no pain only a numb feeling.

"Nurse! Anyone! Help!" Jimin yelled and I grew anxious. I pushed Jimin harder as I tried to reach the door.

"MOVE! I NEED TO SEE HER! I NEED TO SEE CRYSTAL!" I yelled as I pushed Jimin off to the side as nurses and doctors came inside.

"Grab him and give him a tranqulizer." The doctor ordered and the nurses nodded. I pushed everyone off, but someone grabbed me from behind and the rest followed.

"I NEED TO SEE HER! LET ME SEE HER! WHY WON'T YOU LET ME SEE HER!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs as the nurse gave me the tranquilizer. I looked at all of them as my eyes got heavy again.

 

I woke up a few hours later and I looked around me. Once again I was on my bed. I sat up on my own and tried to focus clearly on everything around me. The door suddenly opened and I saw Jimin. I stared at him for a long time and he closed the door behind him as he approached me.

"Taehyung..I-" Jimin began to say before he choked on his own words. I looked at him for a while before I remembered what happened earlier.

"Where's Crystal?" I faintly asked and Jimin looked at me through teary eyes. Jimin looked down and began to shake.

"She's gone." Jimin faintly answered. My heart dropped as I looked at Jimin too speechless to speak. My eyes began to water as I looked at Jimin in disbelief.

"That's not true..she..I..it doesn't make sense." I said as I tried hard to think about what happened.

"Taehyung I know it's hard for you to believe, but she's gone. When the police showed up she wasn't there. They only found you on the floor and some thugs trying to escape. Crystal wasn't there." Jimin explained to me and I shook my head.

"That's not true.I had Crystal in my arms.She was there. She was hurt, Jimin-ah." I explained and Jimin simply patted my shoulder.

"She wasn't there, Tae." Jimin said once more and I shook my head even more.

"She was there. Crystal was there with me. I was protecting her. She was going to get shot...shot." I trailed off as I pulled the covers away and began searching my body. Jimin looked at me worried.

"I heard gunshots..but I don't have a gunshot wound." I said as I looked at Jimin who already looked worried.

"You weren't shot Tae. I think you might have-" Jimin tried to explain before I cut him off.

"We need to find Crystal..they must've shot her..they could've.." I tried to speak but I had so many things running through my head and I couldn't process a single idea.

"Taehyung. The police checked everything. Her body wasn't there. There was no bullets so there couldn't have been shots fired." Jimin confessed and I looked at him completely shocked.

"That can't be..Crystal..she was there." I insisted and Jimin just looked at me with teary eyes.

"Taehyung-ah..please come to your senses. Come to your senses so we can find Crystal." Jimin pleaded as he looked at me before breaking down crying.I looked at Jimin for a long time before huffing in disbelief.

"She was with me..i know it." I mumbled to myself as I looked at my hands. i clenched my hands into fists and looked around.

"I need to get out of here." I said as I looked at Jimin who immediately shook his head.

"Taehyung you can't. You're still hurt. You need to recover." Jimin said as he stood up ready to block my way like he did before. "Crystal could be more hurt than me. I can't stay here not knowing how she is." I said as I pulled the covers away and moved my legs ready to get up when the door opened again. Jimin got in front of me and spread his arms out to block my way.

"Taehyung you can't leave. If you leave right now you'll only get worse and then you won't be able to find Crystal. First get better. Then look for Crystal. You won't be able to find her in your condition." Jimin said to me and I looked at him completely in disbelief.

"While I'm recovering she could be dying!" I yelled and Jimin shook his head before setting his arms down by his side.

"She won't. I promise you. I talked to Henry and his father while you were unconscious and they said they would search for her while you recover. Jihyun and Jungkook are also looking for her right now. We will find her and if we don't you will when you are fully well enough to find her. So please....please Taehyung-ah...get better first, huh?" Jimin pleaded towards me and I sighed deeply knowing he was right. I sat back down on my bed and nodded.

"I'm just scared of losing her again." I confessed and Jimin sat beside and patted my shoulder.

"I know you are. I'm also afraid of losing her, but we need to calm down and think clearly." Jimin said and I simply nodded.

 

"Hyung!" Jungkook yelled as he ran up to his friend, Jimin with Jihyun trailing behind him. Jimin looked up at the two younger boys and smiled faintly before nodding towards them.

"He's fine. He's sleeping right now, but he's fine." Jimin said as he took a seat in one of the vacant seats before him. He took a deep breath and Jihyun approached his older brother.

"Hyung...does Taehyung hyung know that his family are sewing Crystal's family for this incident?" Jihyun asked cautiously and Jimin simply shook his head. Jungkook approached the siblings with a worried expression.

"Jimin hyung...you don't think Crystal really tried to kill Taehyung hyung right? I mean none of us believe it, but the evidence and Crystal.." Jungkook trailed off as his voice began to crack from the emotional state he was in.

"Of course not. We all know that Crystal didn't try to kill Taehyung, but his family believes she did. Since we can't find Crystal it looks like she planned this incident and then ran away. We'll just have to wait until the police investigate the crime scene first. While they're doing that we need to find Crystal. She could be hurt. Let's not mention this to Taehyung okay?" Jimin said as he looked at the two younger boys. Jungkook and Jihyun looked at Jimin before nodding obediently.

 

 

I walked into a private hospital room and closed the door behind me. I walked to the hospital bed and looked at the patient as the patient was resting. I set the flowers I brought in a vase of water beside her bed. I sat down in a chair beside the pateinet's bed.

"Crystal. You need to hurry and wake up so you can tell me about your father's recording and clear your name." I said as I looked at the unconscious Crystal who was laying beside me. Suddenly my father came in and he looked at me as he sighed deeply. I stood up and faced him.

"I've moved Crystal's family somewhere safe. For now they'll treat her beacause I said she is in child protective services. As soon as she wakes up we have to get as much information as we can before they demand information from us. If she has evidence that can help us then we need that evidence as soon as she wakes up, understand?" My father said to me seriously as I nodded. My father rubbed the back of his neck and sighed once again.

"I'm asking a lot from you, Henry, but I need to ask you for more. Please be careful when you come here. If anyone finds out that Minji is here before we do then it can be bad for the three of us." My father warned me and I simply nodded once again. My father gave me a small smile before leaving. I sighed and sat back down.

"Please wake up soon Minji." I said sadly before grabbing her hand with both my hands.

 

I sat on my hospital bed while biting my bottom lip nervously and anxiously. The anxiety was getting to me more and more. I finally stood up from my bed and was about to leave when police officers entered my room.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung. We have some questions about the incident you recently experienced." The police officer said as he looked at me and I looked at him before slowly nodding. I sat back down on my bed a bit confused, but I thought nothing about it.

"We heard you were in that warehouse with the miss Crystal. Is that correct?" The police officer catiously said to me and I simply nodded before speaking.

"Yes that's true, but we weren't the only ones there. There was also thugs and my step mother." I said confidently and the police officers looked at each other before nodding.

"We see. Is it true that the reason you went to that abondened warehouse was because of the miss Crystal?" The police officer asked me and I nodded once again before sighing.

"Yes, I went there because she was in trouble. She needed my help." I said sadly and the other officer simply wrote what I said as the one asking me questions just nodded.

"We just have one more question before we leave Mr. Taehyung. Is...Is it true that the reason you are in the hospital tight now because of the Miss Crystal?" The officer stuttered to say and I looked at the two officers and frowned.

"What? I'm in the hospital because of Crystal? I don't know who told you that or what they told you, but I'm not here because of Crystal. I'm in here because of my step mother. She's the one who tried to kill us both! She's the reason why Crystal's missing! She's the one who ruined everything!" I yelled at the police officers as they both looked at me surprised.

"Wait. Are you saying your step mother is the one trying to kill you, not the miss Crystal?" The police officer asked confused by my statement. I looked at the officer in shock as he looked at me.

"Why would Crystal try to kill me? Crystal was trying to save me. She could be hurt right now and you are accusing her of trying ot kill me? The person who tried to kill me is my step mother!" I yelled at the police officers who looked at each other before nodding nad leaving.