Chapter 1

Let's Play A Love Game

"Have you fallen in love with me yet?" I looked up from my textbook and looked at Taehyung who was leaning over my desk to face me. I crossed my arms and looked at him annoyed.

"Don't bet your life on it."  Taehyung smirked at my response and leaned closer to me. I leaned back trying to put as much space between us as possible.

"That's what all the other girls said and I still bet my life on it and won every time." I held back my anger and closed my book as calmly as I could.

"The difference between those girls and me are that I never once liked you or even glanced in your direction." Taehyung nodded respectively admitting he's noticed the difference too. He sat up straight and put his hands in his pockets.

"That's a big difference but I'm sure I can still have the same results like the others." He walked away waving as he left my classroom.

That was my day until either Taehyung lost or I lost The Love Game. It's a ludicrous game that I had no intention in playing but Taehyung was smart. He knew what his competitor needed and their weakness. That's how he always wins. He offers you what you need so you play his wicked game and slowly wears you down by using your weakness. I never imagined myself playing but like every other girl I needed what he was offering me. It wasn't for me. It was for my family. I needed to win for them. It's crazy I know but working four jobs a day isn't enough to get by in this big city.

                                                                                  •              •             •

"I can't believe you're dating Taehyung!" my friend, Bomi happily cheered. I stopped eating and looked at her in a confused expression.

"You do realize we're not really dating right? This is just another season of The Love Game." I said. Bomi rolled her eyes and leaned foreword.

"You have to admit he's handsome! You two look great together." I sighed and looked at Bomi not sure on whose side she was really on.

"That's what you said about him and Naeun." Bomi annoyed leaned against her chair and nodded. Suddenly Naeun set her plate of food on the table and sat down.

"Please don't bring that up anymore Crystal. Taemin is coming and I don't want him to hear about that." I sheepishly bowed and turned to Bomi who was smiling.

"Bomi started it. I won't mention that anymore." Naeun smiled and Taemin sat beside her as he kissed her cheek.

"Won't mention what?" Naeun quickly shook her head and I started eating again avoiding his question. Bomi on the over hand had no problem explaining to Taemin the situation.

"Crystal and Taehyung are dating." I nearly choked on my food as Bomi blurted it out to Taemin. Naeun face palmed her head and I started coughing trying to get oxygen into my system. I drinked my water as Taemin looked at me.

"Is that true Crystal?" I looked at him as I put my water bottle down. Naeun nodded her approval as she began eating. I sighed deeply as I avoided his eye contact.

"It's just another season of The Love Game."  I could feel Taemin's sudden rage without looking at him. The table was dead silent and it was making me uncomfortable.

"I thought I warned you not to agree to play The Love Game Crystal." I nodded as I picked on my food. I could understand Taemin's rage. Ever since we entered High School he's been warning us not to play The Love Game no matter what. Ofcourse none of us listened. Bomi was the first out of us three to play The Love Game. She recovered from the shock but she like every other girl who lost was still under his spell. Naeun who was second to play suffered the most. It took her a long time to regain self control, but luckily Taemin was helped out the most. Then there was me. I agreed to play The Love Game yesterday afterschool. Suddenly we see a plate of food on our table and we look up. It was Henry.

"Congrats Crystal. I heard the news." I put my head down and groaned. Henry sat down in between Bomi and me.

"Not you too Henry." I turned my head to one side so I could face him. He smiled at me as he opened his drink.

"It's not my fault you agreed to play." I stocked out my tongue and laughed. Henry laughed too and then suddenly the table got quiet again. I looked at everyone but they all looked past me. I lifted my head and looked behind me. There he stood smiling at me with his plate of food.

"Is this seat taken?" He motioned with his head to the empty chair beside me. I had to blink a couple of times to make sure I wasn't in some kind of nightmare. Taehyung smirked and amused by my reaction.

"All the other girls come to me during lunch but I've never had to come to the girl before." I looked at my friends for support as Taehyung sat down beside me.

"Coming solo?" Henry asked. Taehyung looked at him and nodded. The he put an arm around my shoulder and I tensed up.

"Why would I bring my friends if I'm the one dating Crystal?" Taehyung shot back. Henry whose normally the patient one looked furious. I covered my face and shook my head. This couldn't be happening.

"My bet is on Crystal." We all looked at Taemin in surprise even Taehyung. He set his food aside and looked at Taemin.

"Why do you say that? Haven't you seen my undefeated record." Taemin laughed and we could all feel the tension between the both of them.

"You've said it yourself. Crystal is different from the other girls you've played with. I bet my life that she beats you in your own game." I looked at Taemin and then at Taehyung. Was I missing something? Taehyung smirked and looked at me. My whole body froze as he smiled at me.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see isn't that right Crystal?" I gulped and looked away. Henry glared at Taehyung who raised both his hands to surrender.

"Ok. Ok. I get it. You have protective people around you Crystal. I'll see you later." He winked at me which sent chills all over my body. He got up and left our table. I took a deep breath and put my head down.

"What did I agree to?" I felt Henry's hands on my back as he pat me gently.

"I wish I could help you Crystal, but-" I cut off Henry already knowing what he was going to say.

"But that's against the rules and going against the rules means defeat." I looked up and Henry gave me a sympathitic look. I tried to smile, but failed miserably.

                                                                                       •                     •                   •

I said goodbye to my friends and waved as they walked away waving back at me. I put my hand down and started walking to my house. Suddenly I felt a tug on my bag and I turned around. Why me? It was Taehyung and his friends. They stood beside me and I sighed.

"You're right she's different." Jimin said. I tried walking away, but Taehyung pulled me back again. Taehyung put an arm around me and looked at his friends. I was starting to get very annoyed with them.

"She's cute. You sure you want to embaress her?" Yoongi asked. I rolled my eyes at his question. Like he even cared whether Taehyung hurt a girl or not. If he did he would have convinced him not to start it in the first place.

"Taehyung let her go. It looks like she has somewhere to be." Hoseok said. This surprised me. Did he really care? Did any of them really care? I don't know Taehyung's friends personally but I have heard they were different from Taehyung.

"How can I let my girl walk home alone? What if something happens to her? Will you all take responsibility?" Everyone looked away knowing they couldn't win against Taehyung. Suddenly I felt someone grab my hand and pull me away from Taehyung's grip. I looked up and saw Henry beside me.

"Henry." I looked at him grateful that he was here and he smiled at me. Then he looked at Taehyung and his friends who looked at us surprised.

"Don't worry about Crystal getting home alone. I'll accompany her for you." Henry put my an arm around me and we walked away from Taehyung.

                                                                                     •                          •                      •

Henry and I walked to my house in silence. I was still trying to grasp the personalities of Taehyung's friends. They were different from Taehyung. If that's true then why do they hang out with Taehyung?

"Are you ok? Did they hurt you?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Henry. I smiled at him and he smiled at me sheepishly.

"I'm fine Henry. Thank you for helping me back there. If it wasn't for you I don't know what would have happened." Henry smiled at me and we reached my house. I faced Henry and he looked at me.

"Thank you for walking me home and for helping me Henry." Henry hugged me and I hugged him back.

"No problem. If you ever need me just text me and I'll come running to you." I nodded and we pulled away. He waved at me as I went into my house. I closed the door behind me and then my phone ringed. I smiled thinking it was Henry who texted me but as I looked at my phone it was actually an unknown number. I opened the text and read it.

Text message from unknown

stranger: You should have let me walk you home. After all I am your boyfriend.

My stomach dropped as I realized it was Taehyung who sent me the message.

me: How did you get my number?

taehyung: I had to ask around. Do you know how hard it is to get your girlfriend's number because she left with another guy instead of her boyfriend?"

me: That's not my problem. Don't text me anymore because I won't reply.

taehyung: What if I call you?

me: Don't text or call me. I won't answer or reply.

taehyung: Not even to tell you that I'm outside your house?

me: What?!

taehyung: Look outside.

My heart raced and my hands were beginning to tremble. I took deep shaky breaths and looked out the window. I looked around but saw no one. I sighed relieved and was about to pull the curtain close when I saw him stop infront of my window. He was looking at his phone and then suddenly looked up right at me. I closed the curtain and ran to my room. How did he know I lived here? Who gave him my number? What am I going to do now?

"Crystal!" my mother yelled from downstairs. The door to my room was open so I could hear her clearly.

"Yes mom!" I yelled back. I placed my bag on my desk and waited for her to reply back.

"You have a visitor!" I stopped and looked at the hallway. A visitor? I started walking toward my door and down the stairs.

"Who?" I said as I was four steps from the front door which was closed. Did she already let thet person in? Then it must be Henry who came to see me again. I smiled as I turned to walk into the living room. Then my smile faded and I froze in the enterance of the living room.

"It's your boyfriend, Taehyung." my mother replied. Taehyung stood up from the sofa that he was sitting in and smiled at me.