corn stuff toy

He's my brother and also my boyfriend!!

 

The next day I called the office to inform them I’m not going to work, it was easy for me to get a day-off since the company owes me few holidays before. Today I wanted to make things right with my cousin, starting off with Bom. She gets angry easily but calms down easily too, I knew exactly what she wants.

I drove to the apartment where Bom and Taeyang decided to stay for awhile before they get a real house. I pressed the bell and it rang twice before someone opened, I was greeted by my cousin Taeyang who was only wearing boxers and a white beater. I checked my watch to see what time it is and it was already noon, so why does my cousin look like he just woke up?

“Taeyang...Is Bom there?” I saw his blank expression when he saw me, so I realized maybe he was not really happy how it turned out last night.

“Yes...She’s in the living room…” he sighed, he sounded angry.

“crying! Thanks to you! Do you know how hard it is to take care of a crying Bom?” Taeyang sighed again, this time he sounded frustrated at me and I realized he was not really move just annoyed with Bom’s drama all along.

“Sorry cousin. But hey, I’m here to make it up to you and Bom.” I handed him well known box, he gasped at the sight of what’s in the box.

“Thanks cousin!” he jumped for joy when he revealed the custom made era cap I ordered from the Us a week a go, it was suppose to be given last night but you know what happened. I had his name stitched to it and it was made with expensive material, I knew how much he loved caps.

“Well! You beteer go to Bom, she’s really crying!” I giggled at his reaction, I went in to see Bom REALLY crying. When she saw me she instantly glared at me, somehow I found this unusual of her to act like this. Bom is a really sensitive girl but she won’t just cry just because of a silly fight, but I guessed she was just a bit in a foul mood.

“I brought you corn…” she looked at it briefly but she just ignored me and start walking away, I sighed I knew a a piece corn won’t cheer her up so I revealed the real peace offering to her that she can’t resist.

“Bom?… look a talking corn.” I took out a corn stuff toy that has her name across its tummy and when you press the stuff toy’s back, it speaks. I saw her looked at it, trying not to give any reaction. Then when I pressed the back of it….

“I Love You Bommie Umma!” said the stuff toy, then I turned too see Bom hurled to the corn. I realized she began to...chew the head of the toy.

“Bommie...if you want you can eat all these corn!” I passed her the newly boiled sweet corn she loves, I saw her eyes shine and in a flash she snatched the bag and began to nibble on the poor corns.

“Mianhe...Bommie, I should have been more open minded about yesterday.” I said after the silences that covered us, while we heard Taeyang singing in the shower.

“Anii….I’m sorry too, I guessed I overreacted.” she said after finishing the 4th corncob, she was eating more than usual I said to myself.

“Hey Bommie, why were you crying just now?” I asked out of the blue.

“Just very sad…” she shrugged and began to eat her 5th corn.

“That’s enough…” I pulled the bag but she glared at me, causing me to sighed and place back the bag in front of her.

“ARGHHH!!!” I jumped out of my seat when all of a sudden Bom growled.

“What’s wrong?” I panicked.

“Nothing...I feel like I’m getting fatter.” She frowned while she was standing in front of the full size mirror, she was indeed getting fatter. I noticed her face was rounder than few weeks ago, probably because of her eating habits.

“Maybe it’s my eating habits again,I’ve been munching on lots of food lately.” I chuckled at her words because I was thinking the same thing. 

“True to that, do you know she ate 2 large slice of chocolate cake last night while crying at some chick flick, she’s-” Bom threw a pillow at Taeyand, interrupting what he was saying earlier.

“I would like to stay and watch both of you fight, but I got to go look for Chaerin and apologize.” I said after watching Bom sank her teeth on Taeyang’s forearm, they both looked at me with pitiful eyes.

“Good luck with that.” They said in unison, I sighed. Everyone knew it was hard to comfort Chaerin, especially after being a mother, but I don’t see the connection but my umma said it was normal because mothers intend to be very emotional after giving birth.

I went to Chaerin’s house just few streets away from Bom’s apartment, I took some bags from my car that I brought for Chaerin’s family, I haven’t seen Chaeri for awhile now. When I pressed the doorbell, I heard Seungri from the outside talking to Chaeri about not playing with fire.

“Hey, Seungri.” I smiled at him, he gave me a smile too.

“Chaerin’s upstairs in the room...She refused to go to work today and she’s being stubborn about the incident. I tried my best to make her understand where you’re coming from, but you know how she can be. Don’t worry, I’m not mad at you, if I were you I would do the same. I don’t really understand why Chaerin wants to talke to ji Yong but I guessed she has her reasons.” Seungri said as he carried Chaeri with one arm, Chaeri gave me a sweet kiss.

“Appa! Umma and Dara Imo fought?” Chaeri in, I chuckled at her nosiness, just like Seungri.

“Anii, jagiya! Don’t into adult’s conversation!” Seungri kissed Chaeri on the nose before letting her go.

“You should say that to yourself Seungri.” I remarked before heading to Chaerin’s room, I took a deep breath before knocking. Since no one answered I opened the door myself to see Chaerin wrapped herself around her messy bed that she shared with Seungri, she looked at me with her not-so-thrilled-to-see-you expression before turning her back on me.

“I know I was wrong...and I’m sorry…If you want to talk to him...I understand and I know I disrespect you by shouting at you. Unnie mianhe...jongmal mianhe…” I sat at the side of her bed, I heard no response from her so I started to hum a very familiar song. A song that Chaerin and I love till today, the main reason we became the closest was because of a music box with the music of ‘Canon in D’ implanted in it. Chaerin and I became best friends because when we were younger I found an old music box, during that time Chaerin and I were not really close to each other though we were cousins. Then when she saw the music box, she was so happy because fortunately that music box was hers and it was given by her deceased mopther, she was so grateful to me and we became close then.

“Stop it.” I was cut short when Chaerin spoke, I was speechless at her icy voice.

“Out of my house now…” Chaerin was still not facing me, it pains me.

“Chaeri-”

“Out now Sandara...don’t make me say it again.”

“Chaerin…”

“OUT NOW!” with one movement she pushed me out of the room and slammed the door on my face, I felt terrible but somehow I wonder why is she so mad at me. I went down to see Chaeri sitting with Seungri, Chaeri was in verge of crying while Seungri tried to hush his daughter. I pulled out a weak yet big smiled for Chaeri, I kneeled in front of her while patting her head.

“What’s wrong kiddo?” I asked her.

“I..I-I don’t like umma and imo f-fighting.” she hiccuped.

“Don’t worry Chae-Chae...Imo and Umma will be just fine.” I pulled out something from the bag I brought here with me.

“I bought you something you’d like.” I showed her a doll in a box, I saw her face lit up.

“It’s Baby Belle!” I remembered how much she asked Chaerin to buy it for her but Chaerin said she’ll buy it on Chaerin’s birthday which is in 2 months so I decided to buy it for an early present.

“Gumawo imo!” she hugged and began to unseal the box, while she was distracted Seungri decided to talk to me.

“Dara unnie...Minahe! Chaerin’s just needs to relax for awhile...she’s going through PMS again.” Seungri joked but it didn’t make me feel much better than before.

“It’s alright...um…here’s a gift for you and give this box to Chaerin, I know she’ll love it.” after the incident with the music box, Chaerin and I began to collect music box, so I decided to give her a music box personally designed by me, but I guessed I won’t see her face when she sees it.

“If it’s another music box, she probably loves it. Don’t worry noona...she’ll get around.” Seungri hugged me before we bid each other goodbye, I sighed as the rain poured down me. I looked at the sky that was bright a moment ago but now it’s covered with black clouds stuffed with acid rain.

I walked in the empty house while water dripped all over the place because I was so drenched, I tried to get myself to stand up but I crashed down the sofa as I felt my head spinning all of a sudden. Before I even passed out I saw a dark image approaching me, I can’t make out of the person’s face and when he spoke it echoed in my ear.

“Dara….” 

“Ji Yong…”