My job and HIM

He's my brother and also my boyfriend!!

 

“HONEY!!! IT’S TIME TO GO!” I turned sharply at the source of the voice, it was my umma calling from the balcony.

“Let’s go?” Seunghyun pulled me, I turned back to only see nothing but the hotel ahead. I can’t believe after 4 years I would hallucinate of him, I reminded myself that it has been 4 years since he left us so he does not deserve any of my attention anymore. The drive back home was long, everyone was sleeping except me, Seunghyun and my parents who was sitting in front.

“So when’s the wedding?” my appa asked suddenly.

“Ummm...we haven’t decided but we hope to be sooner.” Seunghyun held my hand/

“Seunghyun I trust you and I hope you take care of her in the future!” my appa said seriously and I swore I saw my present fiance gulped.

“Yes sir.” he replied.

“Call me appa.” then we both decided to sleep.

We got to Seoul by midnight, I missed my old house in Seoul since I’ve been living in Busan after attending a university there. My parents went to sleep as soon as they arrived, while Seunghyun and I stayed in the living room. I was till remising the place though it was a bad idea because the place was filled of sad memories, but I brushed it off.

“So when do you want to get married?” Seunghyun finally pop the question that I’ve been trying to figure myself.

“I honestly don’t know but I hope it’s the end of this year.” I suggested, I think 6 months is enough to fix the wedding right.

“I think it’s perfect, you want a wedding planner?” he hugged me around the waist.

“NO! I want to plan it myself!” I hit his arms and I heard him chuckle, I don’t want someone planning my wedding when it only comes once in a life time. We both fell into silence for awhile before I finally spoke up.

“Gumawo.” I turned to him and hugged him.

“Wae?” he was confused.

“Thanks for putting up with me. I mean 5 years ago I rejected you but you still didn’t give up, and the past few years was hard for both of us but still you were there for me. When I got into university of Busan you came visiting me almost everyday just to have lunch or dinner with me when your university is 5 hours away from mine. I really-” he crashed his lips on mine and we fell into a very passionate kiss.

“As long as you’re happy.” he kissed me one last time as he hugged me. I knew how much he sacrificed for me, I really do appreciate him. I admit in our 2 years relationship I was not fully in love with him but I learnt to appreciate him and thus I did fall for him. We stayed up until 2 in the morning until Seunghyun got a call from his parents ordering him to pick up some stuff from his father’s office, being a good son he did not object. The next day Minzy and I went job hunting, we were planning on working in a wedding dress industry.

“I never knew finding a job is hard.” Minzy and I sighed as we both sipped on our coffee, the cafe shop near Seunghyun’s company was a great place to hang out.

“Unnie what to do? Umma said if I don’t find a job by this month, I have to work in our flower shop! I don’t want that!” she cried I was about to tell her it’ll be okay when I overheard a lady same to my age talking to her phone.

“What?? Two of our designers backed out of our wedding preparations???” The girl was obviously not aware of her voice.

“I think we have a solution to our problem maknae.” I walked up to the girl few tables away from us, she hadn’t notice us until I coughed loudly for her to notice.

“Um..Can I help you?” she sounded irritated.

“Um… I heard you’re looking for designers, maybe we can help.” I offered, she raised her eyebrow and she waited for more explanation.

“I’m Dara Park and this is Kang Minji, we just graduated from Busan university but we are very much interested to learn more!” I said as if I am being interviewed.

“Do you have a portfolio?” the girl slightly smiled, I hurried back to my bag and pulled our A3 folder full of drawings of our past projects and handed it to her. I was a bit nervous because her face turned into a very serious look as if she was inspecting every line, then her hands trailed the pictures of my portfolio.

“Your sketches…” she turned to us with a very intimidating look.

“is very impressive for new graduates. When can you come to sign a contract?” she dropped her phone and smiled at us genuinely this time.

“I’m sorry I haven’t introduce myself. I’m Kim Yoobin, owner of a wedding planner company.” we both gasped, no wonder she looked a bit familiar.

“The Kim’s Wedding company?” Minzy gasped, surely their company is very popular among wedding planner companies.

“Yup. Anyways are you guys interested on working in my company?” She asked again.

“Of course!” Minzy and I said in unison.

“How about come by in my office tomorrow for signing?” she asked, we both agreed and bid our goodbyes.we were both happy to meet Kim Yoobin the famous designer, I slapped my head a few times because I haven’t notice who she really was. The next day was the contract signing, Minzy and I were so excited that we couldn’t sleep. It was our first time finding a job since we were rich we really didn’t need to work so when we finally did find a job, it was like a reward for our own hard work.

“I don’t want to sound nosy but are you from the Park Real Estate and Kang Flower making industry?” Yoobin shii asked as she looked for the contracts while we sat across her.

“Yeah we are.” we both smiled.

“Wow! Two daughters of the most famous businessmen are actually working for me, it’s actually an honor to meet you two.” she said, we were both flattered.

“I just wonder why do you guys still look for jobs when obviously you guys are already rich!” she asked.

“Well it’s really different when you earn money from your own work and we both love designing rather than managing our parent’s company.” 

“Okay. Here are the terms and conditions, just write the wage you guys want, time that is suitable for you and etc.Just a reminder this contract is for our up coming project winter wedding” she introduced the contract to us.

“Oh right, you told us about you’re co-partner in this project. I just wonder why hasn’t your partner join us?” Minzy asked.

“Oh I apologize for his absence, he had an emergency. He’ll be joining us in our rehearsal in 1 month, anyways are you interested on becoming a regular??” our talk went on and on and soon we had to go.

“My love wanna go celebrate!” We called up the group and headed to a club, everyone was having fun because it was ladies’ night do ladies had free drinks.

“Another shot of tequila, please?” I said through the loud music while I swing from left to right following the beat of music, when I accidentally bumped to the person next to me.

“Mianhe!” I said.

“No it’s alright!” I froze in my spot when I heard that very familiar voice, not even four years would ever make me forget that voice.

“GD! OVER HERE!” someone called when I turned to the guy who spoke to me, his back was already facing me  walking away like how he did at the airport 4 years ago.

“Ji Yong!” I shouted but soon he disappeared.