031

You Can't Change Me

A Few Weeks Later...

"Hey, Joonmyeon asked me to hangout with him today, is that alright?" Kyungsoo asked as Kai sat infront of his laptop.

He looked up and stared at Kyungsoo. "You're going with Joonmyeon?"

"Yeah, do you need anything?"

"No, you can go." No, I need you to stay here with me.

"Okay, thanks. See you later." Kyungsoo smiled as he ruffled Kai's hair and walked out the door. The younger boy puffed out his cheeks and put his laptop down then pulled his legs towards his chest.

'Kyungsoo's always been with Joonmyeon lately. They've become closer. I think I've become jealous of him. But, why should I? I mean, it's not like Joonmyeon knows Kyungsoo like I do. Right?'

..........

"Hey Kyungsoo." Joonmyeon smiled as Kyungsoo slipped into the older boy's car.

"Thanks for picking me up." Kyungsoo smiled shyly. "So, where are we going?"

"The mall, I need to buy some stuff."

"Really? Same here, I need to buy Jongin something for his birthday." Kyungsoo replied.

"Oh, his birthday is coming up?" Joonmyeon asked as Kyungsoo nodded. "What are you going to get him?"

"I don't know yet, something he likes." The latter replied. "His birthday is in a few days."

"I can help you if you want."

"No, it's okay." Kyungsoo replied. "I don't want to take up your time in shopping. So, I guess it's better to split up and meet at a certain spot."

"Umm, okay." Joonmyeon replied disappointed.

'The reason I asked him to come with me so I could hangout with him myself. And, maybe, just maybe turn it into a date. But, I guess he'll be busy looking for Jongin's gift. Well, isn't this great?'

..........

The two students arrived at the mall after they talked about where they would meet.

"Okay, I'll meet you in the food court." Kyungsoo said as he walked towards the mall's escalator.

"Okay." Joonmyeon whispered as he stood near the mall's entrance alone. He looked around and went inside a cafe.

The cafe wasn't huge but it looked comforting. He walked towards one of table counters and sat down.

"Hello, what would you like to order?" He heard a voice from a young man say.

"Hi, I would like to get a frappe." Joonmyeon simply replied as the other man nodded.

"Out in a sec." He smiled. Joonmyeon looked at the young man when he smiled. He had dimples. Cute. He also had dark black hair, but he didn't look Korean. As Joonmyeon sat there he tapped his finger on the counter's cold granite surface until the man came back. "Here you go." He smiled showing his dimples again as Joonmyeon paid for the drink.

"Thanks." Joonmyeon mumbled as he took a sip from the cold, sweet beverage.

"Welcome." The man smiled but he didn't walk away. "Are you alright?"

"Hmm?" Joonmyeon looked up. "Ah, yeah. Thanks for asking."

"You look a bit disappointed sir." The young man said. "You want to talk about it?"

"No, it's okay. I don't want to pull you into my personal drama."

"I would love to hear your drama." The man said as he walked out from behind the counter and took a seat next to Joonmyeon.

"But aren't you busy?"

"Me? Busy?" The man replied as he looked around. "There's barely anyone here. So tell me." He smiled. "Oh, and my name is Yixing."

"Well Yixing, my name is Joonmyeon."

"Hello Joonmyeon." Yixing chuckled.

"Oh, and by the way. What are you? You don't look Korean."

"I'm Chinese, I just moved here a few weeks ago with my parents."

"You already know how to speak Korean?" Joonmyeon asked shocked.

"I moved to Seoul a few weeks ago, I came from another part of Korea before I left China, dummy."

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you a dummy." Yixing replied. "I'm sorry if I offened you."

"No, it's fine." Joonmyeon chuckled. "How old are you? I'm 18."

"I'm 18 as well." Yixing chuckled. "I'm starting school in a few days." He added. "Are you a Senior?"

"Yes sir." Joonmyeon nodded. "Hey, we might end up going to the same school." He smiled. "But, aren't you joining school a bit too late? Especially since we only have three months of school left?"

"Yeah, I told my parents that, but. Oh well, I'm still going to school anyway." He laughed. "Now, tell me about your mini drama?"

"Personal drama to be exact." Joonmyeon started. "So this story of mine happened a few weeks ago."

As Joonmyeon started talking about his situation with Kyungsoo and Jongin he noticed Yixing looked like he was sleepy so he would stop and ask if he was alright and Yixing would just laugh and say he was listening. But as he continued Yixing would just nod and say a few "oh's" or "I see" from time to time. But he really was listening, it just wasn't that obvious like Joonmyeon wanted it to be.

"So that's my personal drama right there." He sighed as he sipped his frappe.

"So, Kyungsoo is at this mall right now?" Yixing asked as Joonmyeon nodded. "Why'd you let him go on his own?"

"I told you, he wants to buy Jongin a present for his birthday that's coming up."

"Oh, but I would've went with him still and try to bond with him." Yixing said while Joonmyeon just shrugged.

"I guess, but I can't do anything now."

"Yes you can." Yixing said sternly like he was reciting a speech and stood up with his right hand formed into a fist and rested it on the counter. "Joonmyeon, yes you can do something. You will go up to him right now and help him shop! And you'll bond!" He shouted causing everyone to look at him like he was crazy. "Oh, uh sorry." He whispered as he bowed and looked at Joonmyeon. "You shall go up to him right now and tell him how you feel."

"And how the hell do you propose I do that?" Joonmyeon deadpanned as Yixing sat down.

"I-I don't know." He mumbled. "Hmm, show me how you would confess? Pretend I'm Kyungsoo."

"Okay, umm Kyungsoo. I know you like Jongin-"

"Stop, don't tell him that. Don't tell him you know about him liking Jongin. Be straight forward."

"Okay." Joonmyeon cleared his throat and looked at Yixing in the eyes. "I like you." He said as his face red flushed red realizing he said it to Yixing even though it was supposed to be Kyungsoo who he saw not Yixing, but he had to admit, Yixing was adorable.

"L-like that." Yixing stuttered as he looked away covering his cheeks with the palm of his hands. "Good job."

'I can't believe I'm acting like this even though I'm pretending to be Kyungsoo. But, he does look adorable when he was talking about how much he cares about Kyungsoo. I wish I had someone like that in my life. But, I guess that will never happen. I will die alone with my guitar. But I can't believe I'm actually, possible falling for Joonmyeon.'

"I'll try doing that." Joonmyeon murmured as he drank his frappe hoping it would lessen the redness in his cheeks.

"Yeah, you go do that." Yixing shyly smiled as Joonmyeon's phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Joonmyeon said as he put the phone to his ear. "Ah Kyungsoo." He said as Yixing just puffed out his cheeks. "Okay, I'll be there in a minute." He said as he hung up. "It was Kyungsoo." He said as Yixing nodded.

"I can tell."

"Yeah, he's done shopping for Jongin's gift. He wants to meet up at the food court now." Joonmyeon announced as Yixing just nodded. "I better get going."

"Thanks for coming, and remember what I told you to do." Yixing said as Joonmyeon nodded.

"Thanks, and can I get your number? You know, just in case we don't go to the same school."

"Sure." Yixing nodded as he and Joonmyeon quickly exchanged numbers.

"Bye Yixing!" Joonmyeon smiled as Yixing smiled sadly and went back behind the counter.

'I think I'm starting to like him. I fall for someone too easily, especially if I'm in love with their personalilty.' Yixing thought as he stared at Joonmyeon's number in his phone contacts.

..........

Joonmyeon arrived at the food court where he saw Kyungsoo sitting down in one of the tables.

"Kyungsoo!" He smiled as the younger boy smiled and waved at him while he looked at his phone. "What are you doing?" Joonmyeon asked as he sat down.

"Texting Jongin, he says he's hungry and he doesn't know what to cook."

"Oh, well are you ready?"

"Yeah, but I'm just going to buy a few sandwiches to bring home for dinner. Would you like one too, Joonmyeon?"

"If that isn't too much to ask."

"Okay, I'll be right back." He smiled as he left Joonmyeon who was still drinking his frappe. It always took him forever to finish a frappe since he loved savoring the sweet, coffee taste it brought to his taste buds.

While he sat there he saw a familiar young man walk towards the same restaurant Kyungsoo walked towards.

"Yixing!" He yelled as the Chinese by turned around and flashed him a dimple smile.

"Joonmyeon!" He yelled back as he walked towards him. "I thought you left already."

"No, I'm waiting for Kyungsoo to buy some sandwiches."

"I see, but did you confess yet?"

"No, you expect me to confess already?" Joonmyeon asked as Yixing just shrugged.

"I was just asking, calm down."

"Sorry." Joonmyeon apologized as Yixing just laughed and poked his cheek.

"Anyway, I'm going to buy a sandwich and go home after. See you, Joonmyeon."

"Bye!" Joonmyeon smiled as Kyungsoo came back with three sandwiches in hand.

"Who were you talking to?" Kyungsoo asked.

"He's a friend of mine I just met today."

"Oh, I think he likes you."

"Why'd you say that?"

"The way he looks at you." He laughed. "Let's go." He said as he handed Joonmyeon a sandwich and Jongin's gift in the other hand.

The two boys sat inside Joonmyeon's car.

"What did you get Jongin?" Joonmyeon asked as he started driving.

"I got him a pair of shades and a checkerd." Kyungsoo replied, "I'm going to write him a letter as well."

"That's nice of you, plus you got him a sandwich."

"Yes, and he should be greatful." Kyungsoo laughed.

..........

"Thanks Joonmyeon!" Kyungsoo smiled as he got out of his friend's car.

"No problem, I'll see you on Monday!' Joonmyeon smiled as Kyungsoo walked towards the front door. He took out his house key and unlocked the door to find Jongin on the floor with his eyes closed. Kyungsoo dropped Jongin's present and their food and rushed towards Jongin.

"Jongin, Jongin!" He yelled as he shook Jongin on his knees. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked as he put his head on Jongin's chest to listen if there was a heartbeat. He heard Jongin's steady heartbeat. Kyungsoo moved his face towards Jongin's face, so close that their noses were touching.

"Gotcha!" Jongin yelled as Kyungsoo's right hand he was using to support his weight slipped causing him to bend down more causing his lips to touch Jongin's.

Kyungsoo and Jongin looked at each other's eyes shocked but their lips didn't peel away from each other.

"I-I'm sorry." Kyungsoo said as he moved his lips away from Jongin's lips.

"No." Jongin whispered as he held Kyungsoo's wrist causing the older boy to blush madly. "Stay here." He said as he sat up and pulled Kyungsoo towards him holding his shoulders. "Kyungsoo." He whispered that sent chills up Kyungsoo's spine but in a good way. "Stay here." He whispered as he moved his lips towards the older boy's lips.

Kyungsoo's eyes were wide open as he felt his lips against Jongin's full plump lips. He didn't know how to react. But he soon closed his eyes as his lips molded with Jongin's.

--------------------

Ohohohoho! They kissed! I was fangirling while I wrote the last part, like ugh asdfghjkl hope you like this chapter. I'm sorry I didn't update like usual on Friday or Thursday, I was being lazy like the lazy person I am. Because of that let me give you guys a treat right here. I made kaisoo version of 2048 hope you like it. Hehe *gives you kaisoo feels*

Hope this chapter didn't disapoint, <3 ILY dreamers.

As you can see, Joonmyeon's starting to get over Kyungsoo and to Yixing mwahaha!