017

You Can't Change Me

One Week Later...

"Can you handle being here alone for a few minutes?" Kai asked Kyungsoo.

"Yeah, now go get the mail. You might have a letter from your parents." Kyungsoo mumbled as Kai nodded and left.

'I hope he won't do anything to worry me. Everytime I leave him alone I fear he might be cutting himself.'

'So much has happened for the past week, I feel like Kyungsoo's and my bond became stronger, ever since I've helped him with his problem I've been supporting him a lot emotionally. He hasn't been cutting himself so far, that's a good sign.'

'I feel so different, I feel like my mood and personality changed with Kyungsoo's help. But I guess it was mostly mine, since Kyungsoo is only there to guide me and lead me to the right path.'

Kai walked towards the dock where he saw a familiar face waiting for him.

"Hey Kris." Kai smiled.

"Woah, you look different." Kris chuckled.

"Well, I guess this island thing helped me out."

"Yes, yes it did. Where's Kyungsoo?"

"He's back at the house, did you bring the pills I told you to bring?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, here. He has to take one everyday, but the pills will make him drowsy, the pills will make him happier, I guess."

"Okay thanks." Kai smiled as he took the bottle of anti-depressants from Kris.

"I think it's nice how you're taking care of Kyungsoo. You know, before, we asked him to come back so he could get some help but he just refused."

"He didn't want to go back?" Kai asked shocked taking in the information.

"Yeah, I mean it's his life, we can't force him to come." Kris shrugged as he looked through a box. "Anyway, here are some letters."

"T-thanks Kris." Kai slightly smiled.

"No problem. I have to go, take care of Kyungsoo for me, you're doing a good job at it. Be a good boy okay?" Kris chuckled as he ruffled Kai's hair.

"Yeah, okay. Bye!" Kai smiled as Kris the boat's engine and drove away.

As Kai turned around he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol sitting.

"Hey you guys, haven't seen you guys in a while." Kai smiled as he petted Chanyeol's head. After he petted Chanyeol's head he reached over to Baekhyun who moved back. "Oh, sorry." Kai frowned as Baekhyun looked at him and tilted his head to the side and blinked.

"I know you still don't like me." Kai sighed as Baekhyun walked up to him and nestled his head again Kai's right hand. "Oh you like me now?" Kai smiled as he pet Baekhyun's head. "You know, Kyungsoo's misses you. He's been having some problems." Kai frowned.

..........

'Kai has been taking care of me a lot lately. I like it.'

'Can I be sick forever?'

'I want him to stay with me, I don't want him to go back to Sulli, he's mine. But then, he's hers.'

'I hate myself.' Kyungsoo thought as he sobbed and hugged himself.

'I want to keep him- keep him to myself, and myself only.'

'He's ready to go back to Seoul already. Should I just- just let him go so he would be happy?'

'He probably hates being here, taking care of me and such.'

'But, I love you too much to let you go.'

'Should I let you go? Or not?'

"Ah! I don't know anymore!" Kyungsoo screamed as he messed up his hair and stood up.

'I want to go to the bathroom. Wait, no I can't I promised Kai I wouldn't do that anymore.' Kyungsoo sat back down and hugged himself again.

'Hurry up Kai, I miss you already.'

..........

"Kyungsoo hyung." Kai smiled as he opened the front door to see Kyungsoo hugging himself. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"You're back." Kyungsoo smiled as Kai put his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm back. What's wrong, tell me."

"Nothing." Kyungsoo lied. "What do you have there?" Kyungsoo said looking at the stack of envelopes Kai was holding trying to change the subject.

"This? Oh, some letters we got." Kai replied.

"From, and who are they for?"

"Okay." Kai mumbled as he slid his arm off Kyungsoo's shoulders and looked through the stack. "Umm, for you, for me, for you, for me." Kai said as he handed Kyungsoo the letters that belonged to him.

"Who are yours from?" Kyungsoo asked as his breath hitched from seeing who his letter was from.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked noticing how Kyungsoo reacted.

"I got a letter from my dad." Kyungsoo whispered.

"Open it."

"You open yours first."

"Fine, I got one from my mom, and one from...Sulli."

"Oh, which one are you going to open first?" Kyungsoo asked.

"My mom's letter." Kai replied as Kyungsoo nodded as both of them opened their letters.

Both of them sat there and read.

After reading Kyungsoo was in tears while Kai formed a line with his lips.

..........

Dear Kyungsoo,

    Haven't talked to you in a while. How long has it been, a year now? You think I didn't know you left to this island? I knew, I just wanted you to leave. I just wanted to say, you actually have an older brother. Well he came from your step mom, you just never saw him since he studies abroad. His name's Jongdae, I just wanted to say he's so much better that you. You don't mind he stays in your room right? Okay, good. He already is. That's pretty much it, hope you don't come back, I don't have any time to look after your bratty . Hope you stay there for a while, or maybe forever. Okay then, whatever. Bye.

                                                             Dad

..........

Dear Jongin,

    Hi honey, how are you? I really missed you. I love you very much. I hope things are getting better. I hope you come back soon. If you're coming back soon, call me okay? I'll make sure your dad doesn't know, I'll rent a house that we can stay in. I know you probably hate me still, but I still love you okay? I miss you, take care.

                                                              Mom

..........

Kai took the other letter from Sulli and started reading it with a smile on his face. Kyungsoo noticed and more tears fell down his cheeks.

Dear Jonginnie,

    Hi Jonginnie! I miss you so much. When will you come back? I hope soon, I've been well. People think we broke up, but I would always say that you're off somewhere. Other people would try asking me out but I would always say no since I knew you were coming back. I love you! Take care!

                                                             XOXO

                                                                Sulli

..........

"You look happy." Kyungsoo sobbed.

"Yeah, what's wrong? What are you crying?" Kai frowned as he wiped the tears off Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Read this." Kyungsoo sniffled as he handed Kai the letter and rested his head on Kai's shoulder.

"This is bullsh*t! That bastard is sick! I don't care, when I go back I will find his and beat it! I don't give a if I get sent back here! I will kill him!" Kai yelled as Kyungsoo picked up the letter from Sulli and read while Kai was ranting about his dad getting killed by him.

As Kyungsoo read the letter more tears ran down his face. He bit his lip and looked at Kai who was cracking his knuckles.

'If I go silently he won't hear me.' Kyungsoo thought as he stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

..........

"Kyungsoo?" Kai said as he looked around the petite boy was now gone. "Sh*t!" Kai yelled as he ran towards the bathroom and tried opening the door. "Dammit Kyungsoo open the ing door!"

"No!" Kyungsoo yelled as Kai banged on the door.

"You made me do this Kyungsoo." Kai mumbled as he kicked the door open, possibly breaking it.

There he saw Kyungsoo a blade in hand.

"Dammit! What did I tell you?" Kai yelled as tears started to form in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo mumbled as he dropped the blade and sat down on the toilet seat.

"Kyungie, tell me, why?"

Kyungsoo bit his lip and looked at Kai's piercing eyes.

"The letter my dad gave me." He lied.

"That letter was bullsh*t! Don't listen to him, I'm here for you now. Forget him."

"F-fine." Kyungsoo sobbed.

"Good, let's go." Kai whispered as he held Kyungsoo's hand out the bathroom and walked him to the bedroom.

-----

Goodness so much flipping drama! Lol hope you like this chapter. I was going to post this on Valentines day...But I was busy, I didn't have a Valentine though.I just sat there listening to kpop. Anyway, happy Valentines to you! Better late than never! And thanks for supporting the fic, I have over 100 subbies..I'm going to cry OTL I love you!

BTW look at this! Look at this! Is it weird that I can't stop looking at the lips? I mean the other lips kinda looks like Kai's lips! OH MY GOODNESS!

tumblr_mhki5vFxeu1rco5ado1_500.gif