029

You Can't Change Me


"So, you're friends with Kai?" Chanyeol asked as he chewed on a piece of meat.

"Don't talk while chewing." Baekhyun suddenly nagged. "You know I hate that, and think it's disgusting." He said as he scrunched his nose.

"Sorry Baekkie." Chanyeol pouted as he swallowed the meat and held Baekhyun's hand.

"I guess it's alright. But next time, if you do that again I won't talk to you." Baekhyun said as he looked away. "For a day, that is."

"You two are so dramatic." Joonmyeon rolled his eyes as he turned to look at Kyungsoo. "These are the two I was talking about. You know, the couple."

"Oh, really? That's interesting." Kyungsoo slightly smiled as he looked at the two. "You know, I had wolves that had the same names."

"What? Really? That's so cool." Chanyeol smiled.

"Yeah, and they were boys together as well." Kyungsoo mumbled as he cocked his head to the side. "They act the same way both of you do."

"The wolves were together?" Baekhyun asked as his eyes widened.

"Yes, both were lovers. If you saw them, wow."

"Cool, we were wolves." Chanyeol grinned. "It's a sign Baekhyun, we're meant to be. Even wolves that have the same names as us were lovers as well."

"I know." Baekhyun smiled as he turned to Kyungsoo. "But the point is, you're friends with Kai?"

"Yes, I guess. He says I'm his best friend. But I don't even know sometimes." Kyungsoo sighed as he slightly turned his head to look at Kai. He noticed Kai was staring at him.

'What is he thinking? He should be helping Sulli right now. Right?'

"Why are you confused? You have some feelings for him?" Baekhyun chuckled as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Stop being mean." Chanyeol murmured then turned to Kyungsoo. "But, do you? Are you gay? I mean if you are, welcome to the club." He smiled while the smile disappeared when he glanced at Joonmyeon who was frowning.

"I guess I do. But please, don't tell anyone. If you're Joonmyeon's friend and he trusts you, then I shall trust you two with this secret."

"We won't say a word." Baekhyun smiled as he held out his hand and stuck his pinky out. "Pinky swear?"

Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun's hand. He didn't know if he should accept the latter's action since he has never done a pinky swear before. But he decides to accept the proposal. "Pinky swear."

"Great!" Baekhyun smiled as he turned to Joonmyeon who was sitting there blowing his bangs out of his eyes, also clearly upset.

"You okay Joonmyeon?" Chanyeol asked as Joonmyeon blinked.

"Yes! Sorry, I just spaced out. That's all, sorry if I scared you or something." Joonmyeon mumbled as he stood up. "I'll be right back. I'm just going to get some water."

"I have water right here." Chanyeol said as he held out a bottle of water.

"No, I'll get my own. Thanks anyway." Joonmyeon smiled reassuringly as he walked towards a vending machine.

'Kai, always Kai. I have to do something if I like him. Kyungsoo... it doesn't always have to be Kai. He already has Sulli, you can have me. I'll protect you and be there for you unlike Kai who is a stupid best friend. He doesn't know you're hurting. Please Kyungsoo, stay with me.'

Joonmyeon stood infront of the vending machine as he dug his hand in his pocket fishing out a dollar bill then stuffing it through the small slit. He punched in the number for the water bottle as he glanced at Kai.

..........

'I wonder how Kyungsoo is doing. I wish he was here right now. If Sulli didn't lie to me then Joonmyeon wouldn't have taken Kyungie away from me.'

Kai turned his head to see Joonmyeon sit next to Kyungsoo and some two other students. The two other students were feeding each other meat and laughing at the same time causing Kyungsoo to laugh as well. Kai felt jealousy boil, he wanted to make Kyungsoo laugh like that because of him.

He turned his head and looked at Sulli who was texting on her phone.

"Sulli." Kai murmured as they girl looked up.

"What's up Jonginnie?"

"Why did you lie to me?"

"What are you talking about? I never lied to you." Sulli replied as she scrunched her nose. "Maybe you're lying."

"Sulli, you just lied to me about needing help on your homework. I'm pretty sure you said that to just get rid of Kyungsoo. Am I right?"

"What are you trying to say?" Sulli said as she put her hand on her chest in disbelief. "Are you accusing me of lying for saying that I forgot I did my homework?"

"Yes, yes I am." Kai replied.

"So? I'm sorry I didn't check my backpack first or have good memory. I forgot I gave my homework to Krystal."

"Whatever, but that wasn't nice. You most likely hurt Kyungsoo's feelings. I mean you sent him away and he might think you're trying to get rid of him or somthing."

"Well, I don't hate him or dislike him. I just feel, kinda threatened."

"Threatened? For what?"

"He might take you away from me." She replied as she looked down.

"That's not going to happen, but you shouldn't feel that way. Kyungsoo is my best friend, there's no need to be jealous. You're my girl and nothing will change that."

"Aww, you're sweet." Sulli slightly smirked. "But, what if you pay more attention to Kyungsoo than me?"

"Sulli, I can always spent time with you and Kyungsoo or maybe even at the same time. You don't have to be jealous, alright?" He said as he put his hand on top of Sulli's right hand.

"I understand." She replied as she looked back at her phone as she started to text.

..........

Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon were laughing at the two seniors who were apparently trying to feed each other without looking.

"You better not stuff rice up my nose or I'll kill you!" Baekhyun threatened Chanyeol as the taller boy closed his eyes trying to feed Baekhyun.

"Okay, I'll try, but no promises sweetheart." He chuckled as he successfully fed Baekhyun a piece of meat.  

"Now, I want rice." Baekhyun demanded as Chanyeol put a few grains of rice on his chopsticks. "Hey, that's only a few grains. That's not fair!"

"Life's not fair sweetie. Plus, I'm sure rice won't be shoved up your nose." Chanyeol chuckled as he fed Baekhyun the rice.

"I guess you have a point." Baekhyun replied as he turned to Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo, can I try feeding you without looking?"

"Umm I don't know. What about Chanyeol."

"Ugh, he's too tall for my arms to reach." Baekhyun groaned jokingly.

"Hey! I'm not that tall."

"Think whatever you want giant." Baekhyun chuckled as he held a chunk for rice on his chopsticks then closed his eyes. "Better be prepared." He said as he stretched his arm across the table and fed Kyungsoo. Baekhyun opened one of his eyes to see the rice had landed safely in Kyungsoo's mouth. "Victory!" He smiled as Chanyeol patted his head.

"Not quite Baekkie, you left a few grains of rice on Kyungsoo's chin.

"Dang it Channie." Baekhyun pouted in frustration as Chanyeol Baekhyun's black hair.

"Kyungsoo." Joonmyeon said as he put his hand on Kyungsoo's chin to face him. "Let me get that." He smiled as he gently took of the pieces of rice off Kyungsoo's chin then tossing it into his mouth. "There you go." He smiled as Kyungsoo's face flushed red.

"T-thanks Joonmyeon." Kyungsoo stuttered as he still recovered from Joonmyeon's confusing action towards him.

"No problem." Joonmyeon smiled as he rubbed his thumb and index finger together.

'His skin is so soft to touch. He really is like a doll with doe eyes. Just plain beautiful.'

..........

"Hey, I'll be right back, okay?" Sulli said as she put down her phone and kissed Kai's cheek.

"Mhmm." Kai said as he was looking at Kyungsoo.

He was a bit suspicious with Sulli, he loved her but she's been acting a bit peculiar ever since she met Kyungsoo. But she shouldn't be jealous of Kyungsoo, but Kai's suspicion wasn't fading.

Kai looked around and saw Sulli's phone abandoned.

'Should I look through her phone? I mean she shouldn't be hiding anything, right? I'm her boyfriend, I should be able to know these things.' He thought to himself as he took her phone and unlocked it. She just recived a message.

From Krystal
Aren't you being too mean? I mean, Kyungsoo and Jongin are just friends. They're not like a thing.

Kai slowly swallowed his saliva as he read the last few words but he scrolled the screen to see the previous messages.

To Krystal
That brat is so annoying. I don't get why my Jongin is even paying attention to him. I'm tired of being nice. You know me, I don't like acting too nice for a long time.

From Krystal
But you should be nice, try to get to know him.

To Krystal
I don't want to talk to that doe eyed b*tch!

From Krystal
You need to chill, why are you all over him?

To Krystal
He's getting on my nerves, he's so close to Jongin. I feel like he's going to take Jongin away from me. I want to get rid of him.

Kai couldn't read any further. He didn't like how Sulli was acting towards Kyungsoo. He turned his head and saw Sulli coming towards their table. The boy stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder.

"Babe! Where you going?" He heard Sulli say as she walked towards him and held onto his arm.

He pulled his arm away and looked at her. "I'm going to Kyungsoo." He hissed.

"Why? Why are you mad at me?" She pouted as Kai just rolled his eyes.

"Just shut up." He mumbled as he walked away from the girl.

..........

Kyungsoo stared at the couple as he watched Kai pull his arm away from Sulli's grasp. Something was wrong. He wanted to know what. Kyungsoo saw Kai look at him and smile like nothing happened. The younger boy walked towards him.

"You okay?" Kyungsoo asked as Kai nodded.

"Yeah, no problem. Something up?"

"No, I'm asking you if something's up." Kyungsoo replied as Kai shrugged as he looked at Joonmyeon.

"Do you need anything, Jongin?" Joonmyeon asked.

"No, well kinda. I need to borrow Kyungie here."

"Oh, umm okay if Kyungsoo is alright with that." He said as he looked at the doe eyed boy.

"Yeah, it's okay." Kyungsoo replied as he stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder and followed Kai.

----------

So, what do you guys think? Kai finally finds out about Sulli! dun dun! What will the two talk about? :0 lol anyway, thanks for reading this chapter Dreamers.

Omg, I passed 500 subbies, you guys....Imma cry. Thanks for supporting this fic so far. I hope I don't let you guys down.

*gives you boxes of chocolates with exo overdose feels* I love you Dreamers <3

btw, I've been so obsessed with Tumblr lately, I have a problem lmao. my tumblr is  xlight-lovex follow me if you want ^^