030

You Can't Change Me

"What's up?" Kyungsoo asked as he turned and turned to Kai with his doe eyes.

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you. That's all."

"What about Sulli?" Kyungsoo asked as Kai's breath hitched.

"What about her?" He asked as Kyungsoo shrugged.

"You pulled your arm away from her grasp. Were you two arguing?"

"I guess. I don't know anymore sometimes." Kai replied as he puffed put his cheeks then put his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Hey."

"Hmm?"

"If anyone--I mean even Sulli does or say anything to you. You tell me okay?"

"Yeah, why? Why is Sulli included? Isn't she your girl?"

"Yeah, but at the moment she's being a total b*tch."

"What did I say?" Kyungsoo said as he crossed his arms looking up at Kai.

"Sorry, but it's true. Plus I don't cuss as much like before." He grinned proudly. "I deserve an award right?"

"Yes, I guess you should. Touche." Kyungsoo chuckled while he squinted his eyes.

"Hah, your eyes are nomal size now." Kai laughed as Kyungsoo pouted.

"You're such a bully Jongin."

"No I'm not. I'm sowwy." He cooed as he held onto Kyungsoo's arm while pouting.

"Fine. Goodness Jongin, you know my weak spots. I hate you." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as Kai did a quick fist pump in the air. "I saw that." The older student said as he continued to walk.

"No you didn't see anything, hyung." Kai smiled. "So, how has been your first day been so far?"

"Okay, it's been okay. It's been a long day really."

"I know,it feels like I'm starting school all over again."

"Well, you already have friends. I don't." Kyungsoo scoffed as Kai put his hand on his chest.

"And we're not friends?"

"Stop being overdramatice Jongin. You know we're not friends. We're--" Kyungsoo's words were stuck in his throat. "We're best friends. You're like my-- my brother." He smiled painfully.

'That's right. We're brothers.'

"That's right buddy." Kai smiled forcefully as he felt a stinging pain in his chest.

..........

"I'll be right back Kyungie. I forgot something in the classroom." Kai said as he walked towards his Biology class to be greeted by someone.

"Hey, are you mad at me?"

"Why'd you think that, Sulli?" Kai hissed as he walked pass her and picked up his notebook.

"Well, you just left me during lunch."

"Really? Well I was with Kyungsoo." Kai replied as his arm was grabbed by Sulli. "Can you let go? Kyungsoo's waiting for me outside."

"Why are you being mad? It's your first day back in school and you're already pissed. Tell me why." She urged as Kai harshly pulled his arm away from her grasp, again.

"Why are you asking me? It should be pretty obvious, right? I mean, you wouldn't care if Kyungsoo and I hangout everyday right?" He asked as he heard Sulli's breath hitch.

"Of-- of course not. Why would I? I mean you two aren't going to do anything right? Plus, I can always jump in, right?" She smiled nervously hoping her boyfriend would say yes.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes as he walked out the classroom leaving Sulli speechless.

'Did he find out about me not liking Kyungsoo? If that's the case, then I'm screwed.' She thought as she bit her nails nervously as she sat down in her desk and took her phone out.

Sulli scrolled through the messages then stopped. Kai knows how to unlock her phone. Can it be, he read the messages? But then, he trusts her and didn't do that. Right? No, he shouldn't. That's invading her privacy. Even though they were together they should still have some space.

As she pulled out her notebook she wrote down Kyungsoo's name on a page and scribbled it up and started writing.

Dear Kyungsoo,

I'd like you to please stop being with my Jongin or else. I said MY Jongin, not your Jongin. He will never be YOUR Jongin. If you have the same feelings for him like I do, then you better lose those feelings boy, or else I'll make your life a living hell. Aha, I can't believe you're gay for Jongin. You idiot. He'll never be yours.

                                    Sulli

She smirked as she wrote her name. He better back off. She ripped the paper from her notebook and folded it up. Even though she barely knew him, she knew that she had a new rival and it wasn't a girl.

..........

"Sorry for taking so long. You could've just went to the gym before me." Kai said as he and Kyungsoo started walking.

"I would've, but I don't know where it is." Kyungsoo said sheepishly.

"It's okay Kyungie. Let's go." Kai smiled as he and Kyungsoo walked towards the gym entrance.

As the two walked inside the gym they were greeted by Joonmyeon and Chanyeol.

"Hi Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo heard as Chanyeol jogged towards them. "I didn't know you had P.E as your last period."

"Well now you know." Kyungsoo smiled as Joonmyeon walked towards the three students.

"Hey Kyungsoo," He smiled then looked at Kai. "Jongin."

"Hello." Kai bowed politely.

"You really straightened him out, didn't you Kyungsoo?" Joonmyeon chuckled as Kai looked at Kyungsoo confused.

"What is he talking about, Kyungie?"

"The island thing, remember?" Kyungsoo answered awkwardly.

"Oh yes. I guess he did." The youngest replied as he formed his lips in a line then put his hands behind his back.

"Kyungsoo, is that you?" Kyungsoo heard another voice. He turned his head to see Luhan walking towards him. "Thank goodness you're in this class too." He laughed as Kyungsoo noticed he was holding someone else's hand. Kyungsoo looked at the hand and saw it belonged to a tall pale boy. "By the way, Kyungsoo. This is Sehun." He grinned as Sehun bowed and smiled at Kyungsoo then frowned as he saw Kai.

"Hey Sehun." Kyungsoo smiled as he turned to Kai who looked uncomfortable under Sehun's glare. "Well, as you might know, this is-"

"Kai, I know him." Sehun replied as he gritted his teeth.

"Calm down." Luhan said as he held onto Sehun's arm.

"Kyungsoo." Kai murmured as he held Kyungsoo's hand. Kyungsoo felt Kai's hands were sweaty but he still held onto his hand. The younger boy's face moved towards Kyungsoo's ear. "Can we leave already?" He said as he looked at Kyungsoo with pleading eyes. The older boy slightly nodded and turned to his new friends.

"Well, we should all get going shall we?"

"You're right!" Chanyeol grinned. "The faster we're finished with P.E. the faster I can see my snack."

"S-snack?" Joonmyeon asked as he looked up at Chanyeol who winked at him. "Oh, I see." Joonmyeon chuckled. "We should go now, we don't want to be late for P.E. We're running today." He groaned as he and Chanyeol walked towards the locker room who were soon followed by Luhan and Sehun.

"And you said you didn't have any friends." Kai scoffed as he and Kyungsoo walked towards the locker room, their hands still intertwined.

..........

"What do you think Jongin told Kyungsoo?" Joonmyeon asked Chanyeol as he ed his uniform.

"I don't know. But Jongin looked pretty nervous." He replied as he slipped on his P.E. clothes.

"Do you think Jongin likes Kyungsoo as well?" Joonmyeon frowned hoping his friend would say no.

"That's a hard question, hyung. I think he does."

"But he has Sulli."

"That doesn't mean he won't have feelings for Kyungsoo." Chanyeol replied sternly as he sat down. "You must really like Kyungsoo, don't you hyung?"

"Unfortunately Chanyeol." Joonmyeon frowned as he sat down next to Chanyeol then rested his head on his shoulder. "Unfortunately." He sighed. "Can I stop liking him?"

"That question is up to you, it's your heart. No one can change your feelings for Kyungsoo. The only person that can try is Kyungsoo himself."

"Wow, Chanyeol. Those words are really deep. I couldn't imagine them coming from you." Joonmyeon laughed.

"Shut up."

..........

Kyungsoo quickly slipped on his P.E. clothes as he sat next to Kai.

"I hope I don't trip." He joked as Kai patted his head.

"Of course you will." He laughed as Kyungsoo hit him on the back of his head.

"So supportive." He mumbled as Kai rolled his eyes while they stood up and walked outside to start their jog.

..........

Kyungsoo and Kai walked out the gym after they changed their clothes back into their uniforms.

"I'm so tired." Kyungsoo sighed. "I haven't ran that much in a while."

"Same here. I need to get in shape." Kai laughed as he patted his stomach.

"No you don't." Kyungsoo replied. "You're perfect." He added not noticing what he just said.

"Thanks. You are too." Kai blushed madly as he felt a tap on his shoulder then a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey Jonginnie!" Sulli said as Kai rolled his eyes and turned to Sullli.

"Can I help you?" He asked as Sulli shrugged. Kyungsoo was shocked from Kai's harsh response that he didn't even notice Sulli walk behind him. He felt a slight push but he didn't pay any attention to it.

"No, geez sorry for giving you a goodbye kiss grumpy." She smiled innocently as she tapped her cheek. "Where's mine?" Kai groaned as he forced himself to kiss her cheek as he shot her a piercing glare. "Ouch." She smirked as she walked away to her friend, Krystal.

"What was that all about?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Nothing." Kai replied instantly. "We should get going." He said as he held Kyungsoo's hand as they walked towards the parking lot.

"Bye Soo!" Kyungsoo heard someone yell to see it was Joonmyeon waving and smiling at him from his car. "I'll text you later!" He smiled.

"See you Kyungsoo!" He heard Baekhyun and Chanyeol yell together from Joonmyeon's car. "See you tomorrow!" Kyungsoo chuckled and waved back at them as he turned back and faced Kai to see he was texting someone.

"Who you texting?" Kyungsoo asked as Kai put his phone in his pocket.

"Nothing, it's a friend of mine." He slightly smiled as he the car. "Let's go home."

..........

From Sulli
Why are you so mad today? Tell me please.

To Sulli
You already know why. I read everything.

From Sulli
So you did go through my messages. How dare you?!

To Sulli
Don't how dare me. How dare you? How can you say those things about Kyungsoo? What has he even done to you?!

From Sulli
Sorry, you already know why. I don't want to lose you.

To Sulli
Fine. But if this happens again, we're through. You hear me?!

From Sulli
Yes sir. I will be nice to Kyungsoo and not be mean. I'll try to be his friend.

..........

Kyungsoo and Jongin arrived at their home. Kyungsoo walked towards his room and plopped on his bed. He didn't really want to do homework, but he had to. Good thing he was a fast learner.

Kyungsoo took out all his supplies until he saw a folded up piece of paper in one of his backpack's pockets. He didn't remember putting it there. Kyungsoo took the paper and started to read.

After he read the paper he folded it up again and went on his bed and hugged his knees to his chest. He didn't know what to do anymore. He didn't like it when someone hated him, not one bit. Kyungsoo felt a stinging sensation in his eyes, his vision became blurry. Why did Sulli have to be so harsh?

There was soon a knocking on the door. "Kyungie?" He heard Jongin say from the otherside. "Can I come in?" He asked as Kyungsoo wiped away the tears.

"Yeah, door's unlocked." He announced as Jongin opened the door with a glass of milk and a plate of cookies.

"Hai." He grinned. "Want some?" He asked as he sat down next to Kyungsoo and handed him a cookie.

"N-no thanks." Kyungsoo chuckled as Jongin drank from his glass of milk.

"You should atleast drink milk. It makes you grow taller." He said as he gave the glass to Kyungsoo while he took a cookie and shoved it in his mouth. "Go on, drink." Kyungsoo looked and him and obeyed. He was drinking from the same glass Jongin was. The same spot Jongin drank from. The spot where his DNA still lingered. "Don't tell anyone of me eating cookies and drinking milk after school. Not even Sulli knows about this."

"You do this everyday?" Kyungsoo asked as he brought the glass of milk towards his lips again.

"No, only every Monday since Mondays ." He replied as he took the glass from Kyungsoo and drank from it. "So, shh.. This will be our secret, Kyungie." He smiled as he had a milk mustache.

"You're adorable." Kyungsoo chuckled as he wiped the milk mustache away from Jongin's face.

"Thanks Kyungie." Jongin smiled as he looked down while muching on a cookie.

---------------------------

Oh my gerd! Lol hope you like this chapter. Oh, and if you can please check this other story out Escaping to Neverland its Baekyeol. Thank you so much Dreamers, you guys mean a lot to me. I never knew this story would get this far. Thank you I love you.

Btw, what do you guys think about Kris' uncomformed departure from EXO? I love him and I want him to stay, but I want him to be happy.... #WeBelieveYouKris #WeAreOne <3