012

You Can't Change Me

Kyungsoo woke as he heard the birds singing and the sun's rays hitting his eyes. He sat up to see it was 8 o’clock in the morning. Usually he would wake up around 6 o’clock in the morning to go to the waterfall. But he was dead tired yesterday.

‘Maybe I can skip my morning routine today and do it tomorrow.’ Kyungsoo thought as he stood up from his bed and stretched. As he fixed his bed he went towards the bathroom to wash his face and to freshen up.

……….

Kai covered himself with his blanket shivering.

‘Ugh, so cold.’ Kai thought. He then sat up and put his jacket on and covered himself with the blanket while he closed his eyes still shivering.

……….

‘I hope today will be a good day without anything bad happening.’ Kyungsoo thought as he went outside to the livingroom. ‘I wonder if Kai’s awake yet.’

Kyungsoo walked towards Kai’s tent and tapped on the tent.

“Hey Kai, are you awake yet?” Kyungsoo asked.

No response.

“Are you still sleeping?” Kyungsoo said as he tapped one of the tent's flaps. “Hey Kai.”

“Y-yeah. I’m awake.” Kai finally replied.

“Can I come in?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Mhmm.” Kai mumbled as Kyungsoo ped the the tent to see Kai shivering underneath the covers wearing a jacket. “Are you not cold?” Kai asked.

“No, you’re cold?” Kyungsoo asked as Kai just nodded.

“I’m so cold right now, do you have any extra blankets or something?”

“Yeah, but it’s warm right now. Are you okay?”

“I don’t know, just so cold.” Kai replied as he covered his mouth with the blanket only showing his eyes.

Kyungsoo crawled towards Kai who just let him. He then reached his hand out and felt Kai’s forehead.

“Kai, you’re burning up. You have a fever.” Kyungsoo announced.

“How do you know?”

“Because your head is burning up.” Kyungsoo simply replied. “I’ll get the thermometer.” He said as he walked out the tent leaving the shivering boy underneath the covers.

Kyungsoo ran towards his house and went straight to his medicine cabinet and grabbed the thermometer and ran towards the door but then stopped.

‘I better get Kai some blankets and some water.’ Kyungsoo thought as he got a bottle of water and some blankets.

As Kyungsoo walked back in the tent he saw Kai sitting up and hugging himself while shivering.

“Let’s take your temperature.” Kyungsoo said as Kai opened his mouth and let Kyungsoo put the thermometer inside his mouth. They sat there and waited until they heard the beeping noise indicating that it took Kai’s temperature.

As Kyungsoo took the thermometer out of his mouth he took at the results with widened eyes.

“What is it?” Kai asked.

“You really have a fever Kai. You’re temperature is over 100 degrees.” Kyungso said worried.

“What’s normal?” Kai asked.

“98.6 degrees.” Kyungsoo replied as he covered Kai with a blanket. “Here, drink some water.”

“Okay, thanks.” Kai mumbled as he gulped down the water.

‘He looked so thirsty.’

“You have to drink lots of water okay?” Kyungsoo said as Kai nodded as he closed the bottle. “You should stay inside.” Kyungsoo announced.

“But I’m tired, and cold.” Kai groaned. “It’s probably like 50 degrees outside.”

“Kai, it’s warm outside.” Kyungsoo replied as he got out of the tent.

“Fine.” Kai replied as he crawled towards the tent’s entrance and stood up on his knees. “The door is too far.” He pouted.

“Goodness Kai.” Kyungsoo rolled is eyes as he held out his hand while Kai just stared at his welcoming hand. “Let me help you up.” Kai hesitated but eventually took Kyungsoo’s hand. “Let’s go.” Kyungsoo smiled as he helped Kai get inside the house.

As they opened the door Kyungsoo set Kai on the couch.

“I’ll be back, I’m just going to get a towel for you okay?” Kyungsoo said as he Kai nodded as he laid down on the couch covering half his face with his arm.

‘God, I am burning up.’ Kai thought as he closed his eyes. ‘I’m so sleepy though, but I just woke up.’

“Hey Kai-“ Kyungsoo said as he noticed the younger went back to sleep. “Oh, just sleep then.”

‘He looks so helpless but beautiful while he’s sleeping.’ Kyungsoo thought as he went to the kitchen where he got a bowl and filled it with cold water.

Kyungsoo dunked the towel in the cold water and put the towel on the younger’s head. The older went on his knees as he swept Kai’s bangs to the side touching his smooth skin while Kai scrunched his nose while he slept. The older smiled to himself as he observed the younger’s sleeping face.

‘I should make him some food.’ Kyungsoo thought as he went to the kitchen and started to make some porridge and cooked some meat enough for the younger boy.

As Kyungsoo finished he walked towards Kai with the bowl in hand. While he went on his knees he heard some scratching on the front door. Kyungsoo stood up and looked through the door where he saw Baekhyun.

“Oh hi Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo smiled as he opened the door. “I haven’t seen you for a few days.” Kyungsoo said as Baekhyun nestled Kyungsoo’s hand. “How have you been Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun moved away while he looked behind and barked.

“What’s wrong Baekhyun? Did you bring someone with you?” Kyungsoo asked as Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo and turned around while another wolf appeared. “Oh, did you find your mate?” Kyungsoo asked as Baekhyun cocked his head to the side. “Oh, is he your friend?” Kyungsoo asked as he looked down to see what the wolf’s gender was.

“Oh, you’re a boy.” Kyungsoo chuckled as the other wolf walked towards Kyungsoo and sat infront of the boy. “Are you like Baekhyunnie here?” Kyungsoo smiled as the other wolf Kyungsoo’s hand. “I guess you are.” Kyungoo whispered as he petted the wolf’s head.

The wolf spinned around chasing his tail while Baekhyun sat next to Kyungsoo. “You’re a really hyper one.” Kyungsoo smiled. “You look so happy, how about we name you Chanyeol?” The wolf nodded as he sat next to Baekhyun and rested hs head on Baekhyun’s head since Chanyeol was bigger and taller. “Oh, I see. You two don’t act like friends.” Kyungsoo smirked as he walked inside the house as Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed him inside.

Baekhyun sat down next to the sleeping Kai.

“Kai’s sick.” Kyungsoo whispered as he got a chair and tapped Kai’s arm.

“Mmmm…” Kai groaned as he turned around; his back facing Kyungsoo.

“Hey, you gotta eat something Kai.” Kyungsoo said.

“I don’t want to eat.” Kai replied as the towel unfolded and covered his face.

“You have to eat Kai.” Kyungsoo urged as Kai covered his face.

“No, I’m to tired.”

“I know you’re tired Kai, but you have to eat to get better.” Kyungsoo frowned.

“Fine, hyung.” Kai answered.

“Aha! You called me hyung!” Kyungsoo smiled.

“No, shut up Kyungsoo.” Kai mumbled as he sat up.

“Baekhyun, Chanyeol, didn’t Kai call me hyung?” Kyungsoo said as the two wolves nodded their heads.

“What? There’s two now!” Kai yelled in surprise when he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Kai, calm down. Chanyeol is just Baekhyun’s friend. I think, or something else.” Kyungsoo said with widened eyes.

“Oh…Oh!” Kai said shocked as he watched the two wolves each other. “Didn’t know that was even possible.”

“I know, I didn’t either.” Kyungsoo replied. “Anyway, I made you some porridge.” Kyungsoo said as he fed Kai a spoonful of porridge.

-----

A/N: Hai, hope you like this chapter,omg I'm making Kai sick, what's wrong with me? T-T but then it will be a good start for bonding time right? Ehe.....Anyway, Happy Birthday Kai!!

tumblr_magu0w1B7m1rtlyhdo1_500.giftumblr_m8witkeJRk1rtrmkdo1_500.gif